Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are interested in Mims and Blacklock
I also think this is a line to get someone to move up. The Bengals have been pretty tight lipped about things. That being said, there are at least 5 guys I would take at 33 right now - which would allow me to move down. I'd really like to get an extra 3rd this year.
Reply/Quote
If Bengals use the #33 pick on Blacklock then it means there is something wrong with Geno that we don't know about.

Another Clint Boling type situation. That might explain why Geno's production dropped off so much last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Bengals use the #33 pick on Blacklock then it means there is something wrong with Geno that we don't know about.

Another Clint Boling type situation.  That might explain why Geno's production dropped off so much last year.

Could be. Blacklock looks like he could end up even better than Geno. I know that's borderline blaspheme around here, but watch his tape. He legitimately might be BPA at 33. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Bengals use the #33 pick on Blacklock then it means there is something wrong with Geno that we don't know about.

Another Clint Boling type situation.  That might explain why Geno's production dropped off so much last year.

Two things that probably contributed a lot to the decline in numbers...

1. He's 32 with 10 years 153 game played.
2. He was double teamed a lot. (Reader should help that)

Blacklock would help keep him fresh for the end of games. Not a sexy pick but definitely one that makes sense.
Reply/Quote
Hell f’ing no. Stop shitting your pants in the 2nd round.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

No it doesn't; Geno is 32 and they need someone who can give him some snaps off.
Andrew Brown( who I like) hasn't produced much and Glasgow has missed the last two seasons. So its pretty reasonable for the Bengals to draft a 3T because you can argue it's a need.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If it's Mims, I'm excited because it feels like the Bengals have inside info with his former college position coach on staff.

If it's Blacklock, it's smart planning for Geno's eventual decline which could come sooner than later.

Honestly, there isn't anyone left that I feel strongly about for the pick at 33. I'd probably feel differently if Isaiah Wilson or Queen were left.

My preference is still to trade down but if the coaches feel strongly about someone to stay, I'm cool with it. The rest of the draft is kind of gravy for me after getting a franchise QB last night and loading up defense in free agency.
Reply/Quote
Yeah. I’d be fine with Mims. He will be an excellent player
Reply/Quote
Mims? Blacklock? No to both of them. Mims will just draw a blizzard of OPI flags - plus if in college you need to push off what happens against the much better NFL defenders? Blacklock is not a difference maker at a need position.

Let's not blow our 2nd round AGAIN on a rotational player; we need an immediate starter.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:16 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Same here. Mims over Blacklock 10/10 times. 

Brett Kollmann says he might be the most well-rounded WR in this draft. Smart. Good route runner. 4.38 speed. 

I've been a Baun/Jones guy, but I would be more than happy if Mims is the pick. 

LB or Oline in 3. 

Who is Brett Kollmann?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 04:06 PM)J24 Wrote:  So its pretty reasonable for the Bengals to draft a 3T because you can argue it's a need.

It may be a "need" but it is WAY down on our list of needs.

I can't justify using the #33 pick on depth when we have such gaping holes at LB and OG.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 04:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who is Brett Kollmann?

Not sure of his background, but he does some of the best player reviews on YouTube. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:57 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote:  He legitimately might be BPA at 33. 

No offense, but I have not seen anyone anywhere claim Blalock is the BPA at #33.

Not even close.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 04:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who is Brett Kollmann?

Cincinnati Bengals

Brett Kollmann
@BrettKollmann
·
46m
Oh my Lord Joe Burrow and Denzel Mims growing up together would be outrageous. 

...do it, Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 04:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No offense, but I have not seen anyone anywhere claim Blalock is the BPA at #33.

Not even close.

No offense taken. Just a humble opinion after watching some of his tape. AND I said MIGHT be. Eye of the beholder. Anarumo must be high on him. 

Personally, I think Baun's the best fit for us on D at 33.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 03:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Hope both are a smoke screen, personally.

Agreed.

Jones, Higgins is a better WR (and doesn't push off in every highlight I've seen), hoping this a screen as well.

If Zac was saying it'll be someone who starts, the I'd look for Oline or LB.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 04:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Hell f’ing no. Stop shitting your pants in the 2nd round.

Hahahaha dude I’m dying
Reply/Quote
I wanted Baun as a rush threat that can cover, but Blacklock not only gives you rotational depth as a UT and 3-4 DE, but gives you special looks. They could run a 5 man DL variation with Hubbard roaming around as the old 49ers Elephant LB spot. We joke about not having any LB's, but in this scenario expect one mid round and maybe this look for say 20% of the snaps...

Dunlap Blacklock Reader Atkins Hubbard

Pratt

Williams Bell Bates S. Williams Waynes
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:51 PM)Trademark Wrote: Per NFL insider Ian Rapoport, two players Bengals are interested in taking are Baylor wide receiver Denzel Mims and TCU defensive tackle Ross Blacklock.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/24/21234785/2020-nfl-draft-round-2-bengals-baylor-denzel-mims-tcu-ross-blacklock

oh man I really hope they take mims, both players are good, but Mims athletically can be a AJ Green Replacement.  Him paired up across AJ would be a dream.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 04:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Agreed.

Jones, Higgins is a better WR (and doesn't push off in every highlight I've seen), hoping this a screen as well.

If Zac was saying it'll be someone who starts, the I'd look for Oline or LB.

Higgins is not better than Mims.  Im sorry, but just because you had one of the best QB's in CFB passing to you doesn't mean your a great receiver.  The fact that he wasn't drafted in the first with all the advantages he had tells you everything you need to know.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote