Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are interested in Mims and Blacklock
So when we go 5 WR sets, who do we have running out there?

AJ when healthy
Boyd
Ross when healthy
Auden Tate when healthy
? one of the 2 UDFA WRs? Gio? Uzomah? Are we OK with that?

Drafting Mims right now would give them a Dynamic 5th, waiting in the wings to become the #1 while they see what Ross does. Probably get hurt again.

I'm NOT opposed to WR in round 2. I just really like Josh Jones!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 06:25 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: So when we go 5 WR sets, who do we have running out there?

AJ when healthy
Boyd
Ross when healthy
Auden Tate when healthy

Drafting Mims right now would give them a Dynamic 5th, waiting in the wings to become the #1 while they see what Ross does. Probably get hurt again.

AJ, Mims, Ross(in the Slot), and Tate @ Flex TE.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
What's better than 1 AJ Greens on the field?
2 AJ's on the field at once.
After 2020 the WR will be quite thin.

Let's not wait to build it back up.
Drafting Mims will push every WR in practice
To up his game
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 06:25 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: So when we go 5 WR sets, who do we have running out there?

AJ when healthy
Boyd
Ross when healthy
Auden Tate when healthy

I’m not 1000% against Mims, but you don’t use the 33rd pick to take a dynamic 5th receiver for 5 receiver sets.

I get you believe he is AJ 2.0 in this scenario
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:57 PM)Okeana Wrote: I look at the player, not the position, and when you have a chance to get a player like Mims you take it.  That's just my opinion everyone is welcome to their own =)

32 NFL teams already had a chance to take him and they all passed.

No offense, but I'll take their opinion over yours.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 06:13 PM)J24 Wrote: The more I think about draft Mims he has Moss like ability

(04-24-2020, 06:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: What's better than 1 AJ Greens on the field?
2 AJ's on the field at once.

Hilarious LMAO  
Reply/Quote
McShay has Higgins and Pittman Jr ranked higher than Mimms
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think I would rather take Mims over Blacklock. I want this pick seeing more snaps, don't see Blacklock getting many
snaps
as a rookie. Mims has his questions but he probably would be good insurance in case AJ or Ross go down again
and he has high upside. Many questions about Mims though, pushes off, has some drop issues at times, doesn't get
much separation, played in a weak conference against weak Corners etc.

Exactly! Why take a guy who's going to sit when there are positions in need of a starter?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 32 NFL teams already had a chance to take him and they all passed.

they all passed on Jones as well.  9 teams including us passed on Patrick Mahomes, blah blah blah blah sit down

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It’s Baun or Jones so far for me. If not then just take the best Safety over a DT.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:47 PM)Okeana Wrote: 4.38 speed, 6'3" with a 38 inch vert? smooth routes, great hands, great in contested catches.  Yeah he has a hard time separating

[Image: giphy.gif?w=696&ssl=1]

[Image: SkinnySpryAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: 3rxbhk.gif]

[Image: Gif_03.gif]

Look at his releases, look at his change of direction that comes with having a 4.43 20yd shuttle.  AJ green ran a 1.55 10 yard split, he ran a 1.51  .  

Yes please.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:47 PM)Okeana Wrote: 4.38 speed, 6'3" with a 38 inch vert? smooth routes, great hands, great in contested catches.  Yeah he has a hard time separating

[Image: giphy.gif?w=696&ssl=1]

[Image: SkinnySpryAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: 3rxbhk.gif]

[Image: Gif_03.gif]

Look at his releases, look at his change of direction that comes with having a 4.43 20yd shuttle.  AJ green ran a 1.55 10 yard split, he ran a 1.51  .  

Looks like Chad.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 32 NFL teams already had a chance to take him and they all passed.

And one of those teams took Jalen Reagor when better WR’s were still on the board. Teams do stupid shit all the time.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 07:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: they all passed on Jones as well.  

Yeah.  I know.  But I never said that Jones was so good that we had to take him no matter what.  Instead I said Jones was the best prospect for a position that is a huge need for us.
Reply/Quote
Current news is that we are "actively looking to trade down"
Reply/Quote
Whoever is not injured.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 07:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: they all passed on Jones as well.  9 teams including us passed on Patrick Mahomes, blah blah blah blah sit down

Yep. Everyone but the Ravens passed on Lamar a couple ago, and he just won MVP.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 07:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And one of those teams took Jalen Reagor when better WR’s were still on the board. Teams do stupid shit all the time.

It is one thing to claim you are smarter than an NFL team.

It is another thing to claim you are smarter than all 32 NFL teams.

Reagor may end up as the best WR in this class.  "Draft experts" say stupid shit all the time.
Reply/Quote
Jones looked great at the Senior Bowl and I have seen him mocked in the 1st.

Id love a trade down and still get him
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 07:23 PM)Destro Wrote: Whoever is not injured.

THIS. This we can all agree on lol.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote