Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals are interested in Mims and Blacklock
I'd rather not see us take either one of them. If that's who they have to have then I hope they look at any trade down opportunities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:56 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ll pass on both. Give me Braun, Higgins or Jones. Otherwise I’m trying to trade down. Definitely not gonna get excited about a DT considering we have Geno and Reader. I’d rather have Higgins or Pittman at WR over Mims

If we take WR here I'm going with Pittman hands down !
Reply/Quote
It is smoke. At least with Blacklock
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
They already know who they are taking.

So why would they leak TWO names?

I don't think they take either of those guys.
Reply/Quote
I've soured on Mims. I don't like hearing that he has trouble separating. That's not a guy I want to spend a 2nd on when there are other receivers worthy of the pick.

I actually wouldn't be upset at the Blacklock selection. Most of what I've read about him and seen translates to him being an absolute monster. He works his tail off and plays with a lot of intensity and violence. He handles multiple gaps. He'd be a terror next to Reader and rotating with Geno.

He might not be my first choice, but I'd be happier with Blacklock than Mims.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They already know who they are taking.

Lap said he thinks they're trying to move down 6-7 spots.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They already know who they are taking.

I'm hoping they trade down just a few spots and get an extra 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lap said he thinks they're trying to move down 6-7 spots.

I can see them moving down to Giants without losing much but 7 spots is pushing it.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I watched Mims highlights and the dude pushes off like crazy. I'm not interested.

Blacklock , I seriously hope not. We dont need another DT right now
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:36 PM)samhain Wrote: I've soured on Mims.  I don't like hearing that he has trouble separating.  That's not a guy I want to spend a 2nd on when there are other receivers worthy of the pick.

I actually wouldn't be upset at the Blacklock selection.  Most of what I've read about him and seen translates to him being an absolute monster.  He works his tail off and plays with a lot of intensity and violence.  He handles multiple gaps.  He'd be a terror next to Reader and rotating with Geno.  

He might not be my first choice, but I'd be happier with Blacklock than Mims.

4.38 speed, 6'3" with a 38 inch vert? smooth routes, great hands, great in contested catches.  Yeah he has a hard time separating

[Image: giphy.gif?w=696&ssl=1]

[Image: SkinnySpryAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: 3rxbhk.gif]

[Image: Gif_03.gif]

Look at his releases, look at his change of direction that comes with having a 4.43 20yd shuttle.  AJ green ran a 1.55 10 yard split, he ran a 1.51  .  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Great take a WR to sit the bench
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:49 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Great take a WR to sit the bench

when aj and ross get hurt yet again this year don't come crying on this forum that Burrow has no one to throw to.

Reply/Quote
Get one later on
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:50 PM)Okeana Wrote: when aj and ross get hurt yet again this year don't come crying on this forum that Burrow has no one to throw to.

I understand your point, but you can't both pay a WR $18 million AND burn a #33 pick on insurance that he stays healthy.  If there was a concern about Green not staying healthy then you don't pay him $18 million.

Live by the sword.  Die by the sword.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:53 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Get one later on

This.

Maybe even take 2.

But not in the 2nd or 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I understand your point, but you can't both pay a WR $18 million AND burn a #33 pick on insurance that he stays healthy.  If there was a concern about Green not staying healthy then you don't pay him $18 million.

Live by the sword.  Die by the sword.

I look at the player, not the position, and when you have a chance to get a player like Mims you take it.  That's just my opinion everyone is welcome to their own =)

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 05:39 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I can see them moving down to Giants without losing much but 7 spots is pushing it.  

I think there are enough players available that a drop down 7 spots would be worth it if we got a 3rd rounder.
Reply/Quote
The more I think about draft Mims he has Moss like ability draft him at 33 and figure it out later at other positions.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have done a great job keeping things tight to the vest on their picks etc.. im not taking this info too much until we get a bit more outlets saying the same thing
Reply/Quote
I'm going to trust the player they take is the right pick for us and avoid throwing criticism their way.
Reply/Quote