Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals at Bears Predictions
(09-15-2021, 03:09 PM)kevin Wrote: Yes, against Rams in Regular Season, Fields is off to a bad start.  I am not talking preseason of vanilla defenses. Nor am I talking how Fields looked at Ohio State.  I am a long time Ohio State Fan, but few NFL QBs come from OSU.  A good RB and DB college, and some good LBs and WR's.  Just very few QBs from Buckeyes cut it in NFL.  I consider Burrow more LSU than Ohio State, Burrow in that LSU Saints offense like Brees was in..  Fields isn't going to be able to run in the NFL as he did at Ohio State, often against weak opponents, and that is what I think keeps Buckeye QBs from making it in the NFL.  The NFL Defenses never let these Buckeye QBs run wild like in The Big 10. 

He played 5 snaps in the game completing both passes, handing the ball of twice and keeping it once for 3 yards. He was a situational guy who had a limited package, he wasn't "off to a bad start". The rest of your post are cliches and nonsense so they aren't even worth discussing. Some sort of weird discussion about OSU QB's that is disconnected from reality or what Fields actual situation is. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 03:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Classic pre-Steelers week type of game. Do they go in and handle business in Chicago or do they get caught looking ahead to our first AFCN game and hated rivals?

Tough call. Soldier Field is gonna be rockin; it’s their home opener. This is where we see how disciplined they are, especially the offensive line. False starts have to be held to a minimum, gotta stay on schedule. Gotta contain Montgomery and get after Dalton. As bad as he’s been recently, he still gets the ball out quickly and if you don’t pressure him, he can and will hit his targets.

Optimist me says Bengals by 6.

Bengals are going to win, and head to a 2-0 pitt breathing fire with nothing to lose.  I don't want to look past Chicago, but I CAN'T WAIT for that game.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As to the actual game, the Bears would be much better using Fields because Dalton either due to his own lack of confidence or that of the coaching staff they not once attacked the Rams down the field last week. They use a lot of window dressing that the Rams simply didn't bite on. Their play calling on 3rd down often consisted of stick flat combos that don't convert or Allen Robinson trying to make a contested catch at the marker.

Defensively they struggled with communication down the field. They were without Eddie Goldman last week which could be a big boost to the interior of their defense, but along the backend there are still some serious questions. This could be a game where Chase gets shadowed by their best corner in Johnson and we see Higgins and Boyd shine more.

I will take the Bengals in this one 28-20.
Reply/Quote
I dont think the Bears have enough firepower on offense
To stay caught up with JB if he can get on a roll offensively
Its important the Bengals can score first and score early
If you can have Dalton playing from behind thats a good thing
I expect the Bengals to key on Montgomery on defense going big
At DT again.
I have a feeling we are going to see a,defensive or special teams TD
From the Bengals this weekend
Bengals 28 Bears 17
Reply/Quote
this will likely be a defensive battle early. Ill go ahead and say 20-17 bengals
Reply/Quote
Hopefully with our receivers and a team that was REALLY susceptible to the bomb versus the Rams they take the blinders off and Let Burrow be Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Chicago can be a bit tight end-dependent in the passing game, which projects a serious test for our young linebackers.

The Bengals are the better team, but Chicago is in their home opener. I expect a close and low-scoring game.
Reply/Quote
Bengals offence will rip it. Defense stands up tall!!!!

Bengals 31-Chi 17
Reply/Quote
It's the Bears' home opener, it's hard to tell how good they are since they started off in prime time in LA, they can run the ball, they have TE's, and Dalton isn't a lock to suck if it's a 1pm game and they'll probably work Fields in more than they did in week 1. We can win this, but the margin for error should be a lot thinner than week 1 against the Vikings.
Reply/Quote
I just hope Andy starts.Fields gives them the better chance to win.Bengals should win this game though,regardless,as to which of their Quarterbacks start.The Vikings are a better team than the Bears,without question.Bengals win 31-13
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 04:03 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: With Andy, it seems to be predicated on pressure.   Need to get after him.   He’s always seemed like a tale of two qbs with protection being the variable.

Yep. If our DL can get consistent pressure against the Bears' OL like they did in the Vikings game, it'll certainly be bad Andy that shows up. 

I feel like this is a game we should win. I think the defense believes they are a top notch defense and are afraid of nobody and it'll show as they start to gel on the field even more.

Offensively, I think now that Burrow has gotten some REAL game action - even took a little beating - he'll be more than ready to improve upon last year's play and start to turn into the elite QB we all know he can be. And that starts this Sunday with the Joes leading the offense to a win.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Fairly close game, Bears rebound a little and the Bengals aren’t ready to be that dominant team this early in the season.

Bengals win 23-16
Reply/Quote
All things considered I feel we can take this one.

Bengals 27

Bears 17
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 06:21 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Fairly close game, Bears rebound a little and the Bengals aren’t ready to be that dominant team this early in the season.

Bengals win 23-16

Yeah, I'd have to lean towards a similar game to week 1, but we are on the road and we are the team that comes up a bit short.  Then again, ZT is over .500 for the first time in a season so the notion of him winning 2 in a row to be 2-0 would be grand...in a low bar sort of way.  Oh, seems we won 2 in a row last year.
Reply/Quote
Would be nice for them to win comfortably now that they won about the tightest game you can get. They have to learn how to play with a lead. No better time to do it than this week.
Reply/Quote
Feel like this is a tough Matchup.

1.) Dalton is a good QB that knows how to win. Plus we tend to struggle with mobile QBs seems like there is a good Chance Fields breaks a big run or two.

2.) Eli Apple is going to get destroyed by Robinson.

3.) Akeem Hicks can rush the passed and Khali Mack is pretty good still.

Bears 30 Bengals 27
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 06:54 PM)J24 Wrote: 3.) Akeem Hicks can rush the passed and Khali Mack is pretty good still.

Gotta hope we don't see Drew Sample trying to save Burrow from Mack.  Is Burrow OK?  He had that game-winning play and all, but you can't deny the gameplan was really light on Burrow after he came off shaken up. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 07:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Gotta hope we don't see Drew Sample trying to save Burrow from Mack.  Is Burrow OK?  He had that game-winning play and all, but you can't deny the gameplan was really light on Burrow after he came off shaken up. 

All indications say he is fine. Really not worried about him he is going to play well no matter what.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 07:06 PM)J24 Wrote: All indications say he is fine. Really not worried about him he is going to play well no matter what.

Well, it's good that he's fine but I'm not sure 4 quarters of post-limp Burrow from week 1 would be ideal.
Reply/Quote
Bengals make a statement against a bad Chicago team.

Bengals 34
Bears 17 (late 4th quarter td)
Reply/Quote