Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals at New York Jets Predictions
The Jets have one of the worst offenses in the NFL and they have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. They have no interceptions going into week 8 on defense.

However, Bengals need to beware of coming off a Big Win High and coming out Flat and unable to get started against The Jets

It is an away game, at that New Jersey stadium. Away games are not easy. Do not take At New York Jets lightly

On paper, the Bengals should walk away with this and have their back-up QB in to mop up for a third straight game by Bengals. ON PAPER they should win. Do not be Flat after a Big Win. Do not be looking ahead to Browns game. The Jets are showing up to win, nobody has told them they are suppose to lose.

I'm hoping Bengals are not Flat, and they beat The Jets and go to 6-2. Do not let the Jets pull a huge upset and ruin what Bengals have accomplished so far.

GO BENGALS and climb to 6-2 on the season.

Just like Bengals at Lions...Bengals 34, Jets 11

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Jets suck and all, but they are still professional football players who just got embarrassed. I think they show up for a tougher game, but just can't handle the Bengals.
Bengals 34-14
Reply/Quote
Maybe sit a couple players for this one? aye?
Reply/Quote
Jets were bad, and then the injury to Wilson makes them even worse. I imagine this will be very similar to the Lions game.

Bengals 38
Jets 13 (late game garbage td against our 2nds)
Reply/Quote
Bengals 34 jets 21
Reply/Quote
27-13 Bengals
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:24 AM)kevin Wrote:  The Jets are showing up to win, nobody has told them they are suppose to lose.  

As someone that lives in the NYC area and listens to WFAN NY every morning everyone tells them they are going to lose :) 

The fan base here is totally dejected.

Anyways I get what you were trying to say.

Bengals over the Jets carrying momentum from their big win over the Ravens to a final score of 30 to 17
Reply/Quote
grrrr I hate predicting games we should win in a blowout!!!!!!!!!!

Bengals - 46
Jets - 6
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:10 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Jets were bad, and then the injury to Wilson makes them even worse. I imagine this will be very similar to the Lions game.

Bengals 38
Jets 13 (late game garbage td against our 2nds)

Yeah, but somebody just had to say "Joe Flaccido" in the mirror 3 times.....
Reply/Quote
Joe Flacco had a passer rating of 72.6 with 4,237 yards, 21 touchdowns and 25 interceptions in 20 games against the Bengals in his career. He basically averaged 211 yards/1 TD/1 INT per game against us. And that was him as a starter on good Ravens squads. Here he's with an awful Jets team after riding the bench forever.

Any given Sunday, sure, but he doesn't scare me in the least bit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We should beat them into submission. If we play the way we can should be a cakewalk. I'll go with us winning 31-6

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
We should take care of business here. NYJ is on their back up QB now and maybe even choose to play Flacco on a short acclimation period following the trade.

I'm confident that we can score 30 points against that defense, so I'm going to say 34-21 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:07 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Maybe sit a couple players for this one? aye?
Better get the Win first.  I don't think Bengals are so great they can beat teams with their 2nd string.  If Bengals have the game won in 4th quarter, sure, make it 3 straight games Bengals get Burrow and Mixon and Chase and a few others out early to avoid any stupid late game injuries.  But Start The Starters and Get The Win First.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
After the game, one of the fanbase boards is going to whine about how much their team sucks.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
People were calling earlier games trap games. I didn't think so. However, coming off a HUGE win in Baltimore, I can see the possibility of overlooking the Jets and having to fight to win the game.

That said, I don't think the players nor coaching staff are overlooking the Jets. We have not been a winning team under this coaching staff and I don't think they will take ANY team lightly.

I don't see us putting 50 + on the Jets because I think we'll pull our starters mid-way thru the 3rd.

Bengals win 34-9
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:57 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Joe Flacco had a passer rating of 72.6 with 4,237 yards, 21 touchdowns and 25 interceptions in 20 games against the Bengals in his career.  He basically averaged 211 yards/1 TD/1 INT per game against us.  And that was him as a starter on good Raven squads.  Here he's with an awful Jets team after riding the bench forever.

Any given Sunday, sure, but he doesn't scare me in the least bit.

Joe Flacco is the anti-Dalton. Where Dalton would play generally good and sometimes really good in the regular season but then play average to crap in the post season, Flacco would play average to crap in the regular season but then play good to great in the postseason.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don’t think the Bengals should overlook this team.They are still fighting to win,and they are desperate now.But,with that said.Bengals-41-13.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:47 AM)PhilHos Wrote: People were calling earlier games trap games. I didn't think so. However, coming off a HUGE win in Baltimore, I can see the possibility of overlooking the Jets and having to fight to win the game.

That said, I don't think the players nor coaching staff are overlooking the Jets. We have not been a winning team under this coaching staff and I don't think they will take ANY team lightly.

I don't see us putting 50 + on the Jets because I think we'll pull our starters mid-way thru the 3rd.

Bengals win 34-9

Not mid way thru the 3rd.  Not in the NFL.  That's done sometimes in college.  NFL Teams can score too fast.  That would be taking the foot off the gas peddle too early.  Against the Lions and Ravens, the Bengals got some starters out at the right time in middle of the 4th quarter.  The 3rd quarter in an NFL Game is too risky, these Pro Teams can score fast. Lets say 34 to 9, take starters out and Jets score fast and get 2 point conversion and now 34 to 17 still in 3rd quarter. Now you have to put the starters back in.  That stuff is OK in college, but not in the NFL.  I'm thinking the same type score as you, but with starters coming out midway through the 4th quarter. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:16 AM)kevin Wrote: Better get the Win first.  I don't think Bengals are so great they can beat teams with their 2nd string.  If Bengals have the game won in 4th quarter, sure, make it 3 straight games Bengals get Burrow and Mixon and Chase and a few others out early to avoid any stupid late game injuries.  But Start The Starters and Get The Win First.

True, let me downscale it down about, can we have more frequent substitutions in this game from the beginning. THis will get our 2nd tier players a bigger chance to gel with our power team. Better now than in the middle of the superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:24 AM)kevin Wrote: The Jets have one of the worst offenses in the NFL and they have one of the worst defenses in the NFL.  They have no interceptions going into week 8 on defense.  

However, Bengals need to beware of coming off a Big Win High and coming out Flat and unable to get started against The Jets

It is an away game, at that New Jersey stadium.  Away games are not easy.  Do not take At New York Jets lightly

On paper, the Bengals should walk away with this and have their back-up QB in to mop up for a third straight game by Bengals. ON PAPER they should win.   Do not be Flat after a Big Win.  Do not be looking ahead to Browns game.  The Jets are showing up to win, nobody has told them they are suppose to lose.  

I'm hoping Bengals are not Flat, and they beat The Jets and go to 6-2.  Do not let the Jets pull a huge upset and ruin what Bengals have accomplished so far.

GO BENGALS and climb to 6-2 on the season.

Just like Bengals at Lions...Bengals 34, Jets 11

Tiger

Aren't you gonna say something about blocking?

BENGALS 42- JETS 0

THIS teamnis different and there is no such thing as a trap game for them..
Reply/Quote