Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals better go after McCarthy
(12-02-2018, 11:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not really cause Fisher won playoff games and was about a yard or two away from winning the Super Bowl with the Titans.

If memory serves he was a yard or two plus an extra point from going into overtime.  I'm actually so lazy that I'm relying on my memory and risking being wrong rather than look it up.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 09:57 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I'm sure this is an "unpopular" opinion, but...
I DON'T WANT McCARTHY!
Why?  Because, if he couldn't keep his job with Aaron Frickin' Rodgers as his QB, what makes you think he could win here?

Rodgers is a expensive diva and he's obviously a better option than Hue.

But yeah it isn't happening 

Reply/Quote
I'll pass on McCarthy. The Bengals need young and innovative. The guy won 1 super bowl with arguably the best QB ever. His offense is stale and he couldn't adapt it to keep up with the league.

Also ask any Packer fan who their best running back is. They will easily tell you that it is Aaron Jones. Yet McCarthy kept feeding the ball to Jamaal Williams. It took him over half the season to start giving Jones the majority of the carries. That sounds like stubborn Marvin to me. I'll pass. No retreads.
Reply/Quote
The problem with hiring any coach that was a winner coming here is they will be leaving an organization that has a good scouting and player personnel system and likely has established practice routines and a winning culture...coming here where we have none of that.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:04 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Fire Marvin tonight. Bring in McCarthy tomorrow.
Give him the rest of the season to evaluate talent and staff. See who he wants to keep. Then go from there.

I personally do not want to see another fat dude walking the sidelines,McCarthy was only successful because of A.Rodgers.I want brand new blood,but with the brown family in charge nothing will change and we will never see a super bowl.Its never going to happen,ever.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The problem with hiring any coach that was a winner coming here is they will be leaving an organization that has a good scouting and player personnel system and likely has established practice routines and a winning culture...coming here where we have none of that.

Well, you have the same situation with any young assistant coming here, too.  

Whoever takes the job is going to need to institute a culture change, and frankly, Giggles has become almost as big of a part of our culture as Mikey.

I don't know that McCarthy is the guy.  However, if we're serious about winning, we should at least bring in a guy who's gone all the way for an interview.  
Reply/Quote
McCarthy won one super bowl with Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Imagine what he could accomplish with Andy Dalton.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Also why does everyone blame Hue he has been here what three weeks what has he done here to be enemy number one?

left to coach a division rival
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:24 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Rodgers is a expensive diva and he's obviously a better option than Hue.

But yeah it isn't happening 

An expensive diva that is probably the most talented QB of his generation. If he played for Belichick he’d have like 9 rings.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:13 PM)jason Wrote: Oh yeah... McCarthy isn't the most innovative dude either. Aaron Rogers kinda hides the fact that that team is stuck in 1997... But hey... They whooped up on the Patriots in the Super Bowl that year.

It’s ok you were close. McCarthy is the fat, white Marvin Lewis
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:38 AM)Whatever Wrote: Well, you have the same situation with any young assistant coming here, too.  

Whoever takes the job is going to need to institute a culture change, and frankly, Giggles has become almost as big of a part of our culture as Mikey.

I don't know that McCarthy is the guy.  However, if we're serious about winning, we should at least bring in a guy who's gone all the way for an interview.  

I think that IF Jay Gruden got fired, we'd give him a strong look.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that IF Jay Gruden got fired, we'd give him a strong look.

I’d be down for that.

Reply/Quote
Lol, I'm surprised by some of the names mentioned in here. The game right now is FLYING by teams like the Bengals, and we need to catch up quick. And obviously we probably won't get the best option, since GB is really an awesome job.

But no to Mike. He lacks innovation, and is a game manager. It really wouldn't be much different from what we have now.

Jay Gruden has been consistently mediocre in Washington. Why would bringing him here help anything?

We are gonna have to dig deep and look for some young talent. College ranks honestly might be my preferred choice at this point.

BUT eh.. it'll probably either just be Hue or Marv.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that IF Jay Gruden got fired, we'd give him a strong look.

I can see that.  Jay wouldn't be my first choice, but it would be better than Marvin.

I think we will definitely talk to John Harbaugh and Vance Joseph if they get canned.

Bienemy would be another I can see them talking to if they are willing to wait for an interview
Reply/Quote
What makes any of you think ebenezer will do an exhaustive head coach search when he has an in house yes man already in place?

Hue will work cheap, handle the press, not rock the boat and not make any demands about more control.

A couple names I’d like to see interviewed would be John defilipo and Eric bienemy, among others. But what self respecting coach would come here when there would be little say in what goes on here? Job security is their biggest selling point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:32 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol, I'm surprised by some of the names mentioned in here. The game right now is FLYING by teams like the Bengals, and we need to catch up quick. And obviously we probably won't get the best option, since GB is really an awesome job.

But no to Mike. He lacks innovation, and is a game manager. It really wouldn't be much different from what we have now.

Jay Gruden has been consistently mediocre in Washington. Why would bringing him here help anything?

We are gonna have to dig deep and look for some young talent. College ranks honestly might be my preferred choice at this point.

BUT eh.. it'll probably either just be Hue or Marv.

The league is basically turning into Arena football anyway, Jay is an expert!

But honestly, I’d take him over Hue any day. Washington is a disaster of a franchise, with an owner that is almost as bad as Mike Brown. I think Jay is actually a decent coach. And I like that he’s an offense guy.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: If they truly care about change get rid of Marvin and Hue and everyone of the clowns that are in that organization and bring in McCarthy.

McCarthy already has an "in" too with Van Pelt. To me, this is a no-brainer hire. But given Brown likely has "too much respect" for Marvin, he'll likely wait until the end of the year to let him go. And once that happens, he may consider McCarthy if available but likely rolls with Jackson (maybe even if McCarthy is still there). 

We should be worried though if McCarthy ends up in Cleveland.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The league is basically turning into Arena football anyway, Jay is an expert!

Then why is he likely to get fired in Washington?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: McCarthy already has an "in" too with Van Pelt.

Didn't McCarthy get rid of Van Pelt??????
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Didn't McCarthy get rid of Van Pelt??????

I thought Van Pelt left after his contract was up, not fired?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote