Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals better go after McCarthy
Mark Sanchez is 4-2 in playoff games.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:08 PM)jason Wrote: Isn't McCarthy the white Marvin Lewis? Asking for a friend.

McCarthy has 10 playoff wins and a SB, with 8 playoff losses.

Merv has zero, and the team is headed for its 3rd consecutive non-winning season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:32 PM)thillan Wrote: Jay Gruden has been consistently mediocre in Washington. Why would bringing him here help anything?

We are gonna have to dig deep and look for some young talent. 

Because Mikey thrives on mediocre. 

And who exactly is going to dig deep?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 03:08 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Because Mikey thrives on mediocre. 

And who exactly is going to dig deep?

I asked why bringing him here would help anything. Just because it's Mikey's type of guy, doesn't mean it give us a better chance to go to the SB.

Good question, wish I knew someone in the organization who we could trust to go after promising young talent.
Reply/Quote
With the GB firing, my favorite prospect is probably already gone. Josh McDaniels is gonna be salivating over the opportunity to actually build a creative offense around one of the best QBs, and it sounds like people would love to be on his staff.

I don't think he would have ever considered here, but it was a nice thought for a while. Better than him going to Cleveland and possibly whooping up on us lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:24 PM)Adamantium Wrote: McCarthy excites me a hell of a lot more than Marv or Hue. I'd be interested to see what he could do with the Bengals in 2-3 seasons. Mike should sign him to a 3-4 year contract. His coaching record isn't bad.

Exactly. He's a proven winner, an offensive mind and he sure beats Marv and Hue. He's not my #1 candidate, but he'd be a big get considering the types the Bengals would normally look at. I kinda think it's funny some are thumbing their noses at the guy. Are we aware of our history? This guy has twice as many playoff wins (in 12 years) as the Bengals do in their 50 year history.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. He's a proven winner, an offensive mind and he sure beats Marv and Hue. He's not my #1 candidate, but he'd be a big get considering the types the Bengals would normally look at. I kinda think it's funny some are thumbing their noses at the guy. Are we aware of our history? This guy has twice as many playoff wins (in 12 years) as the Bengals do in their 50 year history.

The chances of him coming here are pretty low I'd say. But I'd take him in a heartbeat and be elated beyond belief ! How anybody thinks he's not leaps and bounds better than Merv ? Nuts
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:37 PM)Adamantium Wrote: When did Lewis win a Super Bowl? When did Lewis make it to the Super Bowl? When did Lewis make it to the AFC Championship.......and win? When did he win in the playoffs? 

Should I tell my friend no then?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:22 PM)thillan Wrote: With the GB firing, my favorite prospect is probably already gone. Josh McDaniels is gonna be salivating over the opportunity to actually build a creative offense around one of the best QBs, and it sounds like people would love to be on his staff.

I don't think he would have ever considered here, but it was a nice thought for a while. Better than him going to Cleveland and possibly whooping up on us lol.

Not to crap all over your pick, but I'm not sure why people are always enamored with New England coaches.

Romeo Crennel
Charlie Weis
Bill O'Brien is "ok"
Matt Patricia
Eric Mangini
Josh McDaniels himself

When has the Belichick tree ever produced any great coaches? McDaniels was awful with the Broncos. After a 6-0 start, his teams went 6-20. He traded multiple picks to move up and take Tim Tebow with a 1st round pick. He was busted for spying in Denver, which brought shame to the organization. Then he backed out of a handshake agreement with the Colts, which embarrassed them as well. 

This guy is an egomaniac and he's already proven his word can't be trusted. Not to mention he's a poor talent evaluator and a proven cheat with a bad record as HC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The chances of him coming here are pretty low I'd say. But I'd take him in a heartbeat and be elated beyond belief ! How anybody thinks he's not leaps and bounds better than Merv ? Nuts

I'd say those odds are low only because Mike Brown wants a yes man, and "continuity". 

If Mike Brown were willing to work with McCarthy, I bet he'd be as willing to come to Cincy as anywhere else.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 02:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not to crap all over your pick, but I'm not sure why people are always enamored with New England coaches.

Romeo Crennel
Charlie Weis
Bill O'Brien is "ok"
Matt Patricia
Eric Mangini
Josh McDaniels himself

When has the Belichick tree ever produced any great coaches? McDaniels was awful with the Broncos. After a 6-0 start, his teams went 6-20. He traded multiple picks to move up and take Tim Tebow with a 1st round pick. He was busted for spying in Denver, which brought shame to the organization. Then he backed out of a handshake agreement with the Colts, which embarrassed them as well. 

This guy is an egomaniac and he's already proven his word can't be trusted. Not to mention he's a poor talent evaluator and a proven cheat with a bad record as HC.

Yeah our organization is totally different than NE. They have better scouts, better front office, and a better roster.

Bring their coach here and I doubt he can rebuild that system here.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 02:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah our organization is totally different than NE. They have better scouts, better front office, and a better roster.

Bring their coach here and I doubt he can rebuild that system here.

Agree with you, but my overall point is that people hire these NE coaches hoping for some Belichick magic to rub off, but there is only 1 Belichick.

McDaniels was awful in Denver, and they were/are a better organization than the Bengals. Plus the guy is a snake.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. He's a proven winner, an offensive mind and he sure beats Marv and Hue. He's not my #1 candidate, but he'd be a big get considering the types the Bengals would normally look at. I kinda think it's funny some are thumbing their noses at the guy. Are we aware of our history? This guy has twice as many playoff wins (in 12 years) as the Bengals do in their 50 year history.

Yep, I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot.  Things eventually get stale everywhere.....well.....except for NE apparently.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The chances of him coming here are pretty low I'd say. But I'd take him in a heartbeat and be elated beyond belief ! How anybody thinks he's not leaps and bounds better than Merv ? Nuts

Agreed.....another part of the problem in GB is that the FO hasn't exactly been doing him any favors lately.  Sounds familiar.....

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 02:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed.....another part of the problem in GB is that the FO hasn't exactly been doing him any favors lately.  Sounds familiar.....

IF you don't draft well...it's hard to cover up with coaching. You can hide a couple poor starters, but you can't hide multiple ones at each level.

In the NFL...you just don't see bad teams make the playoffs. It doesn't happen.

You might see an average team make it and win a round, but you don't see poor rosters win.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 02:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF you don't draft well...it's hard to cover up with coaching. You can hide a couple poor starters, but you can't hide multiple ones at each level.

In the NFL...you just don't see bad teams make the playoffs. It doesn't happen.

You might see an average team make it and win a round, but you don't see poor rosters win.

Agreed.  It's evident right here with our own team.  Lazor was able to scheme around oline deficiencies when he had 3 legit TEs to work with.  Once that went out the window, the offense had some issues that went totally off the deep end with injuries.

The defense is so bad at LB, I don't much of anything could have been done.

Reply/Quote
Fire Marvin. Fire Marvin now. This is a joke Mike Brown. The paper bag fans have returned. Just come out and say you only care about money and not winning, so half of your "fans" can exit until you're gone.

"The Bengals need a full-staff coaching reboot, fumigating team headquarters so Hue Jackson doesn't hide in the ductwork and emerge as the head coach somehow. Hiring McCarthy would signal a new direction for an organization whose emphasis on continuity at all costs has made them the knockoff Packers, with all of the predictability but none of the success.

The image of Andy Dalton running Rodgers' offense should send a shudder down your spine—he would endure six sacks and underthrow three passes per game for interceptions before getting injured—but again, we're assuming that McCarthy retools/modernizes/does something besides mimeograph 2011 game plans to his scheme. And if you are thinking about a Bengals future involving Dalton, you aren't thinking about the Bengals' future. McCarthy's task in Cincinnati would be to acquire and develop a new quarterback."
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 02:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree with you, but my overall point is that people hire these NE coaches hoping for some Belichick magic to rub off, but there is only 1 Belichick.

McDaniels was awful in Denver, and they were/are a better organization than the Bengals. Plus the guy is a snake.

Well and Belicheck wasn't good in Cleveland too...so maybe some of it is the Patriots/their system/their HOF QB.

Who knows if Belicheck could win under Mike Brown?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 03:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Fire Marvin. Fire Marvin now. This is a joke Mike Brown. The paper bag fans have returned. Just come out and say you only care about money and not winning, so half of your "fans" can exit until you're gone.

"The Bengals need a full-staff coaching reboot, fumigating team headquarters so Hue Jackson doesn't hide in the ductwork and emerge as the head coach somehow. Hiring McCarthy would signal a new direction for an organization whose emphasis on continuity at all costs has made them the knockoff Packers, with all of the predictability but none of the success.

The image of Andy Dalton running Rodgers' offense should send a shudder down your spine—he would endure six sacks and underthrow three passes per game for interceptions before getting injured—but again, we're assuming that McCarthy retools/modernizes/does something besides mimeograph 2011 game plans to his scheme. And if you are thinking about a Bengals future involving Dalton, you aren't thinking about the Bengals' future. McCarthy's task in Cincinnati would be to acquire and develop a new quarterback."

There was a point during the Chiefs game where Dalton was scrambling and out of the pocket and threw the ball out of bounds. One of the announcers said, if that was Mahommes he probably throws a TD there.

It's kind of true. But apply that to the entire Bengals organization.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 02:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot.  Things eventually get stale everywhere.....well.....except for NE apparently.

And who does Billy B. give credit for his success and declares that credit to be his mentor, at the time??
Reply/Quote