Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Bengals bring back Frank Pollack
(01-09-2021, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But that doesn't make Zac look bad. 

not necessarily..with a new coach coming in, he may have decided that he should choose his own staff

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So, board Oline experts. Fill me in on his scheme. What did he run first go round? Did he run the same thing in NY?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 07:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: So, board Oline experts. Fill me in on his scheme. What did he run first go round? Did he run the same thing in NY?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Pollack got 4.1 YPC out of a backfield which had Frank Gore at age 37 and no one else of note not to mention a patchwork OL that rivaled ours in terms of losing player games to injury. He even managed to develop young players on the OL like Meckhi Benton and Connor McGovern.

Good hire, especially with him taking over the run game component.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, he's definitely better than Turner. I won't pretend to know OL candidates enough to know if there were better options, but this is at least an improvement.

Where's he been coaching since he left? Did go back to Dallas?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 07:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Ah, sorry. I didn't click the link and assumed "bring in" meant for an interview.

So yea, this is a very weird choice, considering the Bengals let him leave just 2 years ago. Makes me wonder if ZT is actually making the coaching decisions, since he was probably the one who let Frank go in the first place in order to make room for his friend, Turner.

From what was "leaked" back in 2019, Pollack and Zac met about the future. Zac and Pollack didn't agree on something and Pollack decided to move on. I wouldn't be too surprised if this is more of a FO move.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 08:14 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, he's definitely better than Turner.  I won't pretend to know OL candidates enough to know if there were better options, but this is at least an improvement.

Where's he been coaching since he left?  Did go back to Dallas?

Jets the past two seasons.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 07:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If they hire him, that would be a pretty big indictment on Zac Taylor's judgment of coaches, since we fired him when Zac came in (or maybe he left because they wouldn't guarantee his job on the new staff?)

The Bengals did NOT fire him. His deal was up or he asked to be released to join a different staff before Taylor was even hired. I can't remember which.

EDIT: After reading articles from 2019, he requested to move on when the new coaches came in. I don't think it was due to Taylor personally, but more along the lines if uncertainty or knowing people on a different staff and being offered a spot. The Bengals did NOT fire him and expected him to return until he asked out.
Reply/Quote
I hope this means Pollack doing 2 jobs creates an opening for and OC so ZT can work with all OC, DC and Simmons versus trying to be a HC and a OC.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Great news, I bet Mixon will be very happy as he was very unhappy when Pollock left before
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 08:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: From what was "leaked" back in 2019, Pollack and Zac met about the future. Zac and Pollack didn't agree on something and Pollack decided to move on. I wouldn't be too surprised if this is more of a FO move.

This.

From what i remember Zac had free choice on his staff apart from Simmons - that was non negotiable from the family.

They wanted Pollack too and lobbied but Zac won out on that one.

Really pleased about this. Does not exactly put Zac's decision making / staff building in a good light but i could not care less...glad to see Pollack back  :andy:
Reply/Quote
Whoa, whoa, whoa, now wait a gosh darn minute. Wasn't the line shit when Pollack was here in 2018? Also, didn't Jerry Jones fire his ass because the Cowboy's line declined once he was promoted from asst OL coach in the 3years he was there in 2015 thru 2017? And if he's coming from the Jets, that's not a bright spot either. They sucked worse than us this year.

So, why are we excited about this? Because Joe Mixon is? I call BULLSHIT!

Reply/Quote
This seems more like a FO move then a Zac Taylor move.

I'm pretty sure if I'm remembering correctly that Zac Taylor preferred Turner, but the Brown family and Tobin preferred Pollack.

I truly believe that they allowed Zac to do as he pleased the first two years, but I believe that they wanted to be involved heavily this time around.

This to me says he's on the hot seat to win this year, but most people already knew this.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Pollack's profile is already back up on Bengals.com.
Reply/Quote
Away from the outside zone into the inside zones. Fits and a run game coordinator.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If this offense can put up.points in 2021 then Pollack
Might.be your MVP.
Reply/Quote
This is an upgrade.

Continue this, please.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
It's not Turner, so I'm cool with it.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But that doesn't make Zac look bad. 

I be damned if folks aren't giving it their best shot. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We have a run game?
Reply/Quote