Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Bengals bring back Frank Pollack
Great news. None of us really know why he left in the first place, but it was clear even back then that Pollack had a better resume than Turner, and Pollack did a fine job making a trash line overachieve by being decent.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He obviously didn't leave with hard feelings towards anyone or he wouldn't have come back

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 09:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I be damned if folks aren't giving it their best shot. 

And look totally foolish doing so. Frank Pollack left the Bengals, of his own choosing, on January 15.
Zac Taylor was named Head Coach of the Bengals on February 4th.
His leaving had nothing to do with Taylor, and props to Taylor for bringing him back. Now we can listen to all the experts who complained about how he wouldn't start Westerman complain again about how he doesn't know what he's doing.
Reply/Quote
The first half of 2018 when Frank Pollack was here wasn’t exactly perfect but it’s light years ahead of anything we saw in 2019 and 2020.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 09:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And look totally foolish doing so. Frank Pollack left the Bengals, of his own choosing, on January 15.
Zac Taylor was named Head Coach of the Bengals on February 4th.
His leaving had nothing to do with Taylor, and props to Taylor for bringing him back. Now we can listen to all the experts who complained about how he wouldn't start Westerman complain again about how he doesn't know what he's doing.

A lot went wrong with Zac forming his staff and just the Zac era in general. No need to make up stuff. There's plenty of legitimate/real complaints.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I’m very happy with this.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 09:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Great news. None of us really know why he left in the first place, but it was clear even back then that Pollack had a better resume than Turner, and Pollack did a fine job making a trash line overachieve by being decent.

Mixon is very happy. He posted on Twitter that he was
Reply/Quote
Who did Pollack develop on that Dallas offensive line?

Good news is if we do draft Sewell he will actually develop him pretty well
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 10:02 PM)Trademark Wrote: Mixon is very happy. He posted on Twitter that he was

Let me be the 1st:

Mixon is just saying what players are told to say. He's really unhappy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 08:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Whoa, whoa, whoa, now wait a gosh darn minute. Wasn't the line shit when Pollack was here in 2018? Also, didn't Jerry Jones fire his ass because the Cowboy's line declined once he was promoted from asst OL coach in the 3years he was there in 2015 thru 2017? And if he's coming from the Jets, that's not a bright spot either. They sucked worse than us this year.

So, why are we excited about this? Because Joe Mixon is? I call BULLSHIT!

Can’t tell if you just forgot the sarcasm emoji...

Pollack is a good coach though. Joe Mixon led the AFC in rushing a couple years ago running behind a bunch of scrubs. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with Jonah, and hopefully Sewell and some decent FA’s.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 08:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Whoa, whoa, whoa, now wait a gosh darn minute. Wasn't the line shit when Pollack was here in 2018? Also, didn't Jerry Jones fire his ass because the Cowboy's line declined once he was promoted from asst OL coach in the 3years he was there in 2015 thru 2017? And if he's coming from the Jets, that's not a bright spot either. They sucked worse than us this year.

So, why are we excited about this? Because Joe Mixon is? I call BULLSHIT!

The line performed rather well in 2018, actually. The Bengals only averaged 105 YPG rushing(21st), but they averaged 4.7 yards per carry (8th in the league). They also gave up 37 sacks, which was 13th. That is pretty impressive for a line that was made up of Cordy Glenn, Boling, Billy Price, Alex Redmond and Bobby Hart. Obviously, Billy got hurt and Hopkins stepped in, but he still started 10 games. Redmond started 15 games. Hart started all 16. 

Pollack was working with a talent deficit from C to RT and got solid results. I am pleased with this hire. 
Reply/Quote
Not really mad at the hire, just classic Bengals with the thin roladex. Like bring back Andre Smith and Crocker every other year. I'm sure Kirkpatrick and dennard will be back in a few years.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 10:31 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Not really mad at the hire, just classic Bengals with the thin roladex. Like bring back Andre Smith and Crocker every other year. I'm sure Kirkpatrick and dennard will be back in a few years.

We’re not the only team to do this. The Patriots brought back McDaniels didn’t they? If a guy can coach who cares.

Reply/Quote
Super excited he’s back.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This was a thing that happened.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Improvement. I’m on board. Getting a guy out of the locker room who probably treats guys making millions of dollars like recruits at boot camp will probably go a long way in boosting morale.

Hakeem showed promise. Jonah showed promise. Fred is a huge man who hasn’t looked like he doesn’t belong other than that short stint at G. All three are young. If we keep Spain and X just this single coaching move means our OL has improved already and we haven’t even started acquiring new players yet. Sure would be nice to see Price take a step forward since he will likely be given a starting spot to start the year. Maybe he hangs on to the starting job.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 07:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I bet he left because, with a new head coach coming in, he asked "Am I guaranteed a spot on this new coaching staff?" and they said no.

What a difference two years makes haha.
And for him too, jets offense sucked, over 90 sacks in his 2 year and like a 3.6 rushing avg..he might be thankful he found a job.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’re not the only team to do this. The Patriots brought back McDaniels didn’t they? If a guy can coach who cares.

Not mad at it. Just would bet the retreads happen more here than anywhere and the smaller scouting department and family run operation are why we don't have the larger roladex. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 10:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And for him too, jets offense sucked, over 90 sacks in his 2 year and like a 3.6 rushing avg..he might be thankful he found a job.

He’s helped Mekhi Becton turn into one of the best young OT’s in the league. This is exactly what we need with Jonah (and possibly Sewell).

Plus we know he can get our running game going with Joe Mixon. There is literally no reason not to like this.

Reply/Quote
So, the mastermind behind the Cordy Glenn trade and Billy Price pick is back?
Reply/Quote