Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals bringing Greg Little in for a Try out
(07-30-2015, 10:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Greg Little has been in the league only 1 more year than Sanu or Jones. Yet he has 42 more catches and 500 more yards than Sanu. He also has 92 more catches and 1000 more yards than Marvin Jones. But it’s Greg Little that hasn’t shown anything since coming in the league?

Spent most of his early career playing for a team that has been a consistent loser and was always playing from behind, so those stats are skewed.  How many starts does he have compared to MJ and MO? Perhaps not a lot more, but definitely more.

You can pimp him all you want after he accumulates a season with double digit TD's. My bad on his number of years in the league I didn't feel the need to go "stat boy" on a guy that feels like he has been around for quite a while but has never scored more than four TD's in any given season.

Marvin has a ten TD season and Mo has manged to tie or top Little's TD stats in two out of his three seasons.
The kid has the talent and is worth taking a look at but one would think that the coaches had plenty of time to accomplish that last season.
I'm not opposed to signing him if he decides to start handling his business as a pro.
Reply/Quote
Saw nothing out of Gregg Little to inspire excitement.

They have plenty of guys as is.
Anyone they add at this point if just a dude to wear a jersey.

All Wright going down did was make an inside track for Alford to make the squad and Tate to hang onto a job.

There are some guys like Tevin Reese and Jake Kummerow that should be able to compete for that final spot IMO considering losing guys in the back 3 spots
is way easier than losing 2 of your top 3.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 05:14 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Spent most of his early career playing for a team that has been a consistent loser and was always playing from behind, so those stats are skewed.  How many starts does he have compared to MJ and MO? Perhaps not a lot more, but definitely more.

You can pimp him all you want after he accumulates a season with double digit TD's. My bad on his number of years in the league I didn't feel the need to go "stat boy" on a guy that feels like he has been around for quite a while but has never scored more than four TD's in any given season.

Marvin has a ten TD season and Mo has manged to tie or top Little's TD stats in two out of his three seasons.
The kid has the talent and is worth taking a look at but one would think that the coaches had plenty of time to accomplish that last season.
I'm not opposed to signing him if he decides to start handling his business as a pro.

Not sure I'm "pimping him", just not chiming in with a resounding Hell no. I'm more than happy to let him come in and compete at TC. Who knows maybe Hue can do something with him when he has more time. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure I'm "pimping him", just not chiming in with a resounding Hell no. I'm more than happy to let him come in and compete at TC. Who knows maybe Hue can do something with him when he has more time. 
Right on, they just signed him so let's hope he brings his best this time around.
Reply/Quote
I was really pulling for David Nelson, but here comes Greg Little.

*Update* And Cobi Hamilton has been waived.
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Greg Little has the body to be dominating in the league but still hasn't. He has similar issues to Gresham I believe. Loads of potential but can't put it all together. Will be a good depth player given more time.
Reply/Quote
We swapped out one guy who can't catch for another guy who can't catch.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
So...  Greg Little is the new Chris Crocker?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 08:33 PM)jason Wrote: So...  Greg Little is the new Chris Crocker?

Chris Crocker actually helped the team....
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 08:33 PM)jason Wrote: So...  Greg Little is the new Chris Crocker?

Not really. We relied on Crocker to get starter snaps. Little will be the 4th-5th WR at best and the 7th-8th receiving option. 

Hopefully

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2015, 08:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not really. We relied on Crocker to get starter snaps. Little will be the 4th-5th WR at best and the 7th-8th receiving option. 

Hopefully
They are both like that chick that you knowyou can call at the last minute when there's nothing bettergoing on. Big Grin
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Clearly this move signals that the Bengals feel they have a legit shot at the Super Bowl, otherwise they wouldn't have gone after a guy like Little.
Reply/Quote
So we add a skillet handed receiver to a WR corps that already has skillet handed receivers (Sanu, Moore). Are our coaches allergic to the idea that being sure handed is more important than raw physical measurable?
Reply/Quote
I told you Bengals, don't screw up when I'm on vacation.

Go sit in the corner.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 04:41 AM)Joelist Wrote: So we add a skillet handed receiver to a WR corps that already has skillet handed receivers (Sanu, Moore). Are our coaches allergic to the idea that being sure handed is more important than raw physical measurable?

Can't get on board with this.

1 question:

Who has been the dominant WR over the last 5ish years?

Reply/Quote
If Little stays on, he'd be lucky to see 5 snaps a game.
Reply/Quote
Little has the exact same issues that 1st round pick and supposed savior for the Ravens offense Perriman has and that is drops.

In Little's defense, you can't make up 6 weeks of training camp and I believe half of 2015 coming in late to learn of offense.

I like the idea we are giving a stud receiver (potential) a shot to come into camp, learn the offense and compete in camp.

If the gamble pays off, he is a true #1 receiver that this team lacks other than AJ. I would love for the lights to come on for Little like the did last year for LeFell at New England and he give us anothe major weapon versus a receiver that is a #2 or #3 (slot) only that we already have in camp with Jones and Sanu and others.

If he can't get it, then cut him and move on to someone else.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 01:29 AM)Utts Wrote: Clearly this move signals that the Bengals feel they have a legit shot at the Super Bowl, otherwise they wouldn't have gone after a guy like Little.

they lost a ST's guy and a 4th/5th WR.. Little can fill in both those roles.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 11:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Little has the exact same issues that 1st round pick and supposed savior for the Ravens offense Perriman has and that is drops.

In Little's defense, you can't make up 6 weeks of training camp and I believe half of 2015 coming in late to learn of offense.

I like the idea we are giving a stud receiver (potential) a shot to come into camp, learn the offense and compete in camp.

If the gamble pays off, he is a true #1 receiver that this team lacks other than AJ. I would love for the lights to come on for Little like the did last year for LeFell at New England and he give us anothe major weapon versus a receiver that is a #2 or #3 (slot) only that we already have in camp with Jones and Sanu and others.

If he can't get it, then cut him and move on to someone else.

1. What does Perriman have anything to do with Little? One hasn't played a snap in the NFL and the other has 4 years in the league. I don't even understand why you brought him up, seems pretty random.

2. Not knowing the offense doesn't really excuse drops. If you're on the field and a ball hits you in the hands whether you're running a crisp route or not, you need to catch the ball. Nothing really excuses that. Also, drops aren't his only issue, I don't know why people talk about Little as if he would be some great receiver if he didn't drop a few passes.

3. If Greg Little is a "stud receiver (potential)", then we might as well say that about every WR that's in the entire NFL. It's not like we haven't seen him on the field for the past 4 years or anything. Hell, we even saw him in a Bengals' uniform for part of a season. It's crazy how he can still be said to have "stud potential".

4. Any WR becoming a true #1 receiver is amazing, I don't know why that would even be expected for Little. We need someone to fill a #4/5 WR role on the team. That's where Little's expectations should be right now. Would it be better to have him on the field than Denarius Moore at times? That's the question.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 03:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they lost a ST's guy and a 4th/5th WR.. Little can fill in both those roles.

Little doesn't belong in the league.
Reply/Quote