Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals bringing Greg Little in for a Try out
For those suggesting drafting Devin Smith would have been the way to go:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/31/jets-devin-smith-hospitalized-with-broken-ribs/

Quote:Jets rookie receiver Devin Smith suffered broken ribs today at training camp, and the injury was serious enough that he needed to be hospitalized.

The Jets announced that Smith will stay at a local hospital overnight and is expected to miss most if not all of the rest of training camp. He suffered the broken ribs on a leaping catch in practice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2015, 03:41 PM)djs7685 Wrote: 1. What does Perriman have anything to do with Little? One hasn't played a snap in the NFL and the other has 4 years in the league. I don't even understand why you brought him up, seems pretty random.

2. Not knowing the offense doesn't really excuse drops. If you're on the field and a ball hits you in the hands whether you're running a crisp route or not, you need to catch the ball. Nothing really excuses that. Also, drops aren't his only issue, I don't know why people talk about Little as if he would be some great receiver if he didn't drop a few passes.

3. If Greg Little is a "stud receiver (potential)", then we might as well say that about every WR that's in the entire NFL. It's not like we haven't seen him on the field for the past 4 years or anything. Hell, we even saw him in a Bengals' uniform for part of a season. It's crazy how he can still be said to have "stud potential".

4. Any WR becoming a true #1 receiver is amazing, I don't know why that would even be expected for Little. We need someone to fill a #4/5 WR role on the team. That's where Little's expectations should be right now. Would it be better to have him on the field than Denarius Moore at times? That's the question.
I brought up Perriman simply because he has been penciled in as the savior for the Ravens as their number 1 receiver and has a major college history of dropping the football. The media loves the guy. In our case, Little has similar ability and does not have to be our #1. I think Perriman is very relevant to a conversation about Greg Little due to these similarities in ability.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 09:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For those suggesting drafting Devin Smith would have been the way to go:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/31/jets-devin-smith-hospitalized-with-broken-ribs/

So the kid is trying to win a starting job and breaks his ribs while making an effort play and suddenly he was the wrong way to go?  Everyone here knows that you hate OSU. No need to take it personal that KY has been terrible at football for decades, at least you have basketball....Oh that's right they got knocked out of the tourney by another Big 10 team last season.
His ribs will heal, then his speed will show up later this year.
Reply/Quote
Hey lets watch it with the Wildcat bashing.

Sounds like Little had a good day at camp today.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 08:50 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Hey lets watch it with the Wildcat bashing.

Sounds like Little had a good day at camp today.

yeah what im reading about him has been encouraging... Joining the team late last season couldnt have helped him much on learning the play book etc. who knowns he may actually make cleveland sorry this season lol
Reply/Quote
Unless anyone has a real working crystal ball that can see the future there's a chance Little may just have a great season and I hope he does just like I hope everyone on the roster has a great season. I'm not rooting for failure from ANY players on the team. Some will have great seasons, some won't, but I hope they all get to celebrate winning the super bowl.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Greg did have a great day at practice on Thursday. Huge difference from his first workout after Wright went on IR when he wrong some wrong routes on air. Lewis openly challenged Little when they signed him - essentially said this is his last chance - and Greg seems to be taking to that. Spoke with Al Saunders at length about Greg and it's the same ol, same ol -- all the physical tools, needs to focus 100 percent of the time. Al said that light goes on at different points for different guys. He didn't say it has gone on for Greg, but that he's aware of it and is working on it. For his part, Greg said he needs to have a good camp and preseason to make. I'll let y'all decide how you feel about this, or what it means, but looking at the roster and what they're running out there without M. Jones -- there is room at the back of the receiver room for Greg Little.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 04:21 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Greg did have a great day at practice on Thursday. Huge difference from his first workout after Wright went on IR when he wrong some wrong routes on air. Lewis openly challenged Little when they signed him - essentially said this is his last chance - and Greg seems to be taking to that. Spoke with Al Saunders at length about Greg and it's the same ol, same ol -- all the physical tools, needs to focus 100 percent of the time. Al said that light goes on at different points for different guys. He didn't say it has gone on for Greg, but that he's aware of it and is working on it. For his part, Greg said he needs to have a good camp and preseason to make. I'll let y'all decide how you feel about this, or what it means, but looking at the roster and what they're running out there without M. Jones -- there is room at the back of the receiver room for Greg Little.

I've been hearing and reading that Little has improved greatly, and even had two very good practices. One Thursday (as you mentioned) and one on Tuesday where he made some spectacular catches, including ones where he had to fight for the ball.

Never understood why people thought Little wasn't talented. He is, he's very talented and has a ton of potential. What has held him back is drops.
Reply/Quote
Has Little truly shown more than Moore who has shown us relatively little?
Reply/Quote
Say that 2 times real fast.....

Jones stays hurt Little will make it for sure.
Reply/Quote
So there's little chance for Moore and more of a chance for Little?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2015, 06:15 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: He worked out with the Jets Yesterday.
He does know the play book a bit...

I really hope they at least call Reggie Wayne.

Truth is they may have called but Wayne turned them down because of playing Time.

AJ, MJ, Sanu - When does Wayne get on the field?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/7/28/9061255/bengals-hosting-greg-little-for-workout-per-report

If Wayne signs here, he gets on the field at worst as a 4th wideout, and possibly as the 3rd WR over Sanu. Sanu has poor hands, and is slower than most of the TE's on the roster. In short, Sanu is nothing special. Wayne is a consumate pro, and while long in the tooth, would provide Dalton with excellent route running and excellent hands. At the vet minimum or near enough, he wouldn't be expensive either.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 04:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I've been hearing and reading that Little has improved greatly, and even had two very good practices. One Thursday (as you mentioned) and one on Tuesday where he made some spectacular catches, including ones where he had to fight for the ball.

Never understood why people thought Little wasn't talented. He is, he's very talented and has a ton of potential. What has held him back is drops.

Little's hands are even worse than Sanu's.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 10:57 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Little's hands are even worse than Sanu's.

Sanu showed up to camp, held his hand up, and proclaimed, "Sanu hand."

That deserves an apology. I apologize.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 10:55 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: If Wayne signs here, he gets on the field at worst as a 4th wideout, and possibly as the 3rd WR over Sanu.  Sanu has poor hands, and is slower than most of the TE's on the roster.  In short, Sanu is nothing special.  Wayne is a consumate pro, and while long in the tooth, would provide Dalton with excellent route running and excellent hands.  At the vet minimum or near enough, he wouldn't be expensive either.

This shows how little you actually pay attention to Wayne and Sanu.

Sanu had 9 drops in 2014. Wayne had 9 drops in 2014.
Sanu had only 8 less receptions than Wayne.
Sanu also had a higher percentage number of targeted passes caught. 57.1% to 55.2%.
Sanu had more yards (790 to 779) and more touchdowns (5 to 2) and less fumbles (0 to 1) than Wayne did last year.

Yes, Wayne was targeted 18 more times, but let's not act like he's what he once was.
Also, Sanu is faster than every tight end on this team. Even if you look at 40 times.
Sanu: 4.67
Eifert: 4.68
Kroft: 4.75
Not sure what CJ's was, as he doesn't have an official time. But even so, Sanu is faster than those tight ends who are certainly going to be playing.

Also, Sanu is not the fastest guy, but he can make spectacular catches and is great with yards after the catch. In fact, Sanu had more yards last year than Jones did in 2013 (granted Jones had more touchdowns).

So no. Wayne wouldn't start over Sanu and we shouldn't sign him.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 03:49 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: This shows how little you actually pay attention to Wayne and Sanu.

Sanu also had a higher percentage number of targeted passes caught. 57.1% to 55.2%.
Sanu had more yards (790 to 779) and more touchdowns (5 to 2) and less fumbles (0 to 1) than Wayne did last year.

Yes, Wayne was targeted 18 more times, but let's not act like he's what he once was.
Also, Sanu is faster than every tight end on this team. Even if you look at 40 times.
Not sure what CJ's was, as he doesn't have an official time. But even so, Sanu is faster than those tight ends who are certainly going to be playing.

Also, Sanu is not the fastest guy, but he can make spectacular catches and is great with yards after the catch. In fact, Sanu had more yards last year than Jones did in 2013 (granted Jones had more touchdowns).

I would add there is zero chance Wayne contributes on special teams so we would be paying a 4th best WR who make take 5 to 10 snaps a game 3 to 4 million. The more I think about it, the more I think Wayne is not a great option for this team now as he is also 1 year older
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 04:21 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Greg did have a great day at practice on Thursday. Huge difference from his first workout after Wright went on IR when he wrong some wrong routes on air. Lewis openly challenged Little when they signed him - essentially said this is his last chance - and Greg seems to be taking to that. Spoke with Al Saunders at length about Greg and it's the same ol, same ol -- all the physical tools, needs to focus 100 percent of the time. Al said that light goes on at different points for different guys. He didn't say it has gone on for Greg, but that he's aware of it and is working on it. For his part, Greg said he needs to have a good camp and preseason to make. I'll let y'all decide how you feel about this, or what it means, but looking at the roster and what they're running out there without M. Jones -- there is room at the back of the receiver room for Greg Little.

I was wondering why they brought Little back when he couldn't even get on the field much last year when everyone was hurt.  He must have made a lot of progress for them to do that.  I wish him well.  I'm also a little worried about Jones getting hurt again.  Can we count on him?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 03:49 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: This shows how little you actually pay attention to Wayne and Sanu.

Facts. Come and get ya some.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Greg Little's catch made the top 5 catches of the week of NFL.com (was 4th out of 5).

I don't think we saw that coming!

He looks decent this year, hopefully he can stay consistent.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 10:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Greg Little's catch made the top 5 catches of the week of NFL.com (was 4th out of 5).

I don't think we saw that coming!

He looks decent this year, hopefully he can stay consistent.

Yep.  If he can do more of that, he might be pretty decent and worth keeping around.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote