Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals can't sell out a 12,000 seat stadium
(12-01-2020, 04:40 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Changed? Change is change,

Yes it is.  That was my point.

(12-01-2020, 04:40 AM)Older Than You Too Wrote: we saw the FO do their due diligence on a top CB that cheated his way onto this roster and has been injured ever since.

WTF does this mean?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We just saw the front office spend over $140 million on free agents this last off season.

Things have changed, but many still refuse to acknowledge it.

That's the thing about it, there is plenty to complain about when it comes to the Brown family without making things up. Example, one could say "they didn't do enough to address the offensive line" and that would be a correct statement. But saying "They didn't do anything to address the offensive line" is just a lie.

Saying there hasn't been any change in the last 2 years, especially last off season, is a flat out mistruth.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's the thing about it, there is plenty to complain about when it comes to the Brown family without making things up. Example, one could say "they didn't do enough to address the offensive line" and that would be a correct statement. But saying "They didn't do anything to address the offensive line" is just a lie.

Only on this board do people take figure of speech so literally.  You all know damn well what people mean when they say "They didn't do anything to fix the OL".

-It's no different than saying "That coworker does nothing here." (Does not mean he literally does nothing, it means his work is severely lacking)

-It's no different than saying "Dave is rich, dude can afford anything." (Does not mean Dave could buy Microsoft and Apple, it means Dave is really rich.)

-It's no different than saying "That chick weighs a ton." (Does not mean she weighs 2,000 pounds, it means she's weight a lot)

When people say "they didn't do anything to fix OL" they mean they didn't do anywhere close to enough, and that their effort to do so was unacceptable.

I know this, you know this, and even Fred knows this (although he always plays the fool to advance arguments).

This is how we end up in stupid debates about free agents in the past.  Someone says something like "We never sign any free agents", and every normal person knows what they mean, and Fred has to show up and remind them we sign some collection of Turd Burglars for $4.75.

They signed a backup a G, drafted a bum in the 6th round, and had a guy returning from injury who was already on the team, who had never played an NFL snap in his entire life.

They could and should have done a lot more. (They didn't do anything to fix the OL).
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 09:17 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: This franchise will not fire Talyor.  They just don't operate like normal organizations and demand results.

Seen this act way too many times.  MB will make the standard post season excuses, injuries, bad luck, Burrows growth under Taylor, and this year COVID.  

They'll nip off a couple of the assistant coaches and think all is well heading into next season.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Next year we'll have the same discuss only Taylor will be finally on the block.  Problem is with another new coach coming in we will waste the first 3 years of Burrow's rookie contract.  Welcome to Cincy Joe where it's Groundhog Day every year.  Geez!

If JB love Zack so much make him the QB coach. Does not need to be HC
Reply/Quote
Yeah Burrow was the only thing that made this team watchable. I'm shocked that over 10k showed up. Probably a lot of blue in the stands.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well it's not like the Bengals are the only team NOT selling out their limited capacity. I believe the World Champion Kansas City Chiefs did not sell out their 1st home game this year in prime time.

1st link: From Nov.17th. Where each of the 32 NFL teams stands on allowing fans into stadiums.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29910246/where-32-nfl-teams-stands-allowing-fans-stadiums

2nd Link: NFL Attendance - 2020

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

I believe the virus has had some impact on attendance for a couple of reasons: 1.) People are afraid of getting Covid. 2.) Some folks are being hit hard financially by the downturn in the economy because of Covid and they have to spend wisely this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF does this mean?

Basically insinuating that Waynes was hurt when he signed, but he suffered his injury the first week of camp and then had surgery. It should also be noted that Waynes does have a chance to actually end up playing before the end of the season. The unfortunate thing is the season is already lost.

Waynes did complain in the offseason that it had been a "headache" trying to sign his contract, as the Bengals refused to sign the contract until a physical was performed. Since the league prohibited anyone coming into the stadium through the Spring and most of Summer, Waynes wasn't able to sign his contract until right at the start of training camp. His agent told him not to work out the way he is used to out of caution until he signed his contract.
https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-trae-waynes-wait-to-officially-sign-a-headache
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: They signed a backup a G, drafted a bum in the 6th round, and had a guy returning from injury who was already on the team, who had never played an NFL snap in his entire life.

And claimed a guard off waivers....
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 10:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And claimed a guard off waivers....

Out of necessity.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 11:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Out of necessity.

I was talking about Prince, not Spain. Prince opted out after he was claimed. It's just another case of leaving things out that don't fit the narrative.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was talking about Prince, not Spain. Prince opted out after he was claimed. It's just another case of leaving things out that don't fit the narrative.

Yeah, because our OL coach was abusive towards him.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 11:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, because our OL coach was abusive towards him.

And that's only good if your last name is Patricia, right? If being called a thug is all it took to run Prince off, he soft and probably wouldn't have been any good anyway.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And that's only good if your last name is Patricia, right? If being called a thug is all it took to run Prince off, he soft and probably wouldn't have been any good anyway.

Patrica and Turner are both bad coaches.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Patrica and Turner are both bad coaches.

But some of the same people screaming for Turner to be fired are screaming to hire Patricia.... 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: But some of the same people screaming for Turner to be fired are screaming to hire Patricia.... 

There’s also plenty of people that want nothing to do with him.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Go-get-Patricia

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 10:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And claimed a guard off waivers....

Prince was a 6th round pick and was considered a Day 3 pick by experts. Yes, they picked him up off waivers, but there is not (or shouldn't be) high confidence he's going to be a quality starter. If he does, great, but he's just considered developmental depth at this point. And the fans want people who they are confident would be upgrades over the starters, not just adding developmental depth.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 12:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:
Only on this board do people take figure of speech so literally
.  You all know damn well what people mean when they say "They didn't do anything to fix the OL".

-It's no different than saying "That coworker does nothing here." (Does not mean he literally does nothing, it means his work is severely lacking)

-It's no different than saying "Dave is rich, dude can afford anything." (Does not mean Dave could buy Microsoft and Apple, it means Dave is really rich.)

-It's no different than saying "That chick weighs a ton." (Does not mean she weighs 2,000 pounds, it means she's weight a lot)

When people say "they didn't do anything to fix OL" they mean they didn't do anywhere close to enough, and that their effort to do so was unacceptable.

I know this, you know this, and even Fred knows this (although he always plays the fool to advance arguments).

This is how we end up in stupid debates about free agents in the past.  Someone says something like "We never sign any free agents", and every normal person knows what they mean, and Fred has to show up and remind them we sign some collection of Turd Burglars for $4.75.

They signed a backup a G, drafted a bum in the 6th round, and had a guy returning from injury who was already on the team, who had never played an NFL snap in his entire life.

They could and should have done a lot more. (They didn't do anything to fix the OL).

So your argument is members can make wild and wrong statements and others should be able to read their mind?????????????

May be dumbest thing ever written. How about post concise and accurate statements, then there will be no need to debate it. I have no idea what others are thinking when they write lies or incorrect statements. I am left to assume they wrote what they meant, not want you or others wanted it to mean.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s also plenty of people that want nothing to do with him.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Go-get-Patricia

Yes, I saw those as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 12:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So your argument is members can make wild and wrong statements and others should be able to read their mind?????????????

May be dumbest thing ever written. How about post concise and accurate statements, then there will be no need to debate it. I have no idea what others are thinking when they write lies or incorrect statements. I am left to assume they wrote what they meant, not want you or others wanted it to mean.

Dude, first of all, calm the hell down.

My point is, don't go out of your way to argue semantics with someone when it's clear what they meant.  This happens all the time around here.

Saying the Bengals did nothing this season to improve their OL is a perfectly acceptable statement in the real world, outside of this bubble that is JN.

They drafted a 6th rounder, and a signed a backup guard, while letting another guard leave for more money (wash).  They spent 140 million dollars in free agency and 3 mil per went to XSF.  They waited, and waited, and waited to do anything in the draft

They essentially did nothing, and banked on one player returning from injury magically fixing one of the worst OL's in the league.  And that dude was already on the team, you can't say they did something this year because he got healthy.

They pretty much ignored the entire group and rolled the dice.  They rolled the dice on Michael Jordan, they rolled the dice on Bobby Hart, they rolled the dice on XSF, and they rolled the dice on guys like Fred Johnson and Billy Price by not bringing in any more proven depth. 

I'm all for accurately representing your position, and using as many facts as you can.  Hell, I'll supply more statistics and numbers than most, to the point of probably boring most people.  But I think it's stupid when people get attacked on semantics.

Like I said in my post you took such offense to,  it's the same shit we've seen in the past with free agency.  Someone would say "Man, we never do never do shit in free agency" and then some a-hole has come and remind them that techinically we signed this player and that player, even though they knew exactly what they meant.

Whatever, I'll stop here.  Geez Louise.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 01:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Dude, first of all, calm the hell down.

My point is, don't go out of your way to argue semantics with someone when it's clear what they meant.  This happens all the time around here.

Saying the Bengals did nothing this season to improve their OL is a perfectly acceptable statement in the real world, outside of this bubble that is JN.

They drafted a 6th rounder, and a signed a backup guard, while letting another guard leave for more money (wash).  They spent 140 million dollars in free agency and 3 mil per went to XSF.  They waited, and waited, and waited to do anything in the draft

They essentially did nothing, and banked on one player returning from injury magically fixing one of the worst OL's in the league.  And that dude was already on the team, you can't say they did something this year because he got healthy.

They pretty much ignored the entire group and rolled the dice.  They rolled the dice on Michael Jordan, they rolled the dice on Bobby Hart, they rolled the dice on XSF, and they rolled the dice on guys like Fred Johnson and Billy Price by not bringing in any more proven depth. 

I'm all for accurately representing your position, and using as many facts as you can.  Hell, I'll supply more statistics and numbers than most, to the point of probably boring most people.  But I think it's stupid when people get attacked on semantics.

Like I said in my post you took such offense to,  it's the same shit we've seen in the past with free agency.  Someone would say "Man, we never do never do shit in free agency" and then some a-hole has come and remind them that techinically we signed this player and that player, even though they knew exactly what they meant.

Whatever, I'll stop here.  Geez Louise.

The mere fact that they spent only 7% of that free agent money on the o-line says it all...especially after drafting a QB 1OA. How do you not do everything in your power, especially with that amount of money being at your disposal, to assemble the best possible line you can in order to protect your investment at QB. 
Reply/Quote