Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals claim Cooper, Perine
(09-01-2019, 02:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My question as well.

Who did we cut to add these new guys?

A TE perhaps
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After what Houston gave up to attain Tunsil, I can see why the Bengals wouldn't want to go that route.

The Texans really seemed to overpay for the guy, but the o-line is their biggest weakness and we've spent the off-season saying how we don't need to address position XYZ because it isn't our biggest weakness, so can we really fault the Texans for going all-in on a proven LT?  
Reply/Quote
Lets see...an all-pro return guy who played for Taylor in LA, plus a RB who proved he can handle a pretty decent workload if need be.

Solid moves, IMO. Although I know we were all hoping for o-line help. With Perine on board, I'd look to trade Gio.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Texans really seemed to overpay for the guy, but the o-line is their biggest weakness and we've spent the off-season saying how we don't need to address position XYZ because it isn't our biggest weakness, so can we really fault the Texans for going all-in on a proven LT?  

I think when you pretty much have the division on lockdown for the next few years like the Texans do now that Luck has retired you can afford to make a move like that. The Bengals are obviously not in that same position.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: The cut is going to have to come from the Defensive side (DL) of the ball that is already short on cb's and lb's. With these players having to be on the team through week 3 I can't see any other moves. Sounds like Dolegala is legitimately on the roster if you take ZT word for it.

I can't see keeping 8 receivers so something is up there. With ZT saying no IR for AJ who's out/traded?

Erickson
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Texans also traded Martinas Rankins to the Chiefs for Carlos Hyde.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:57 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think when you pretty much have the division on lockdown for the next few years like the Texans do now that Luck has retired you can afford to make a move like that. The Bengals are obviously not in that same position.

The truth.

(09-01-2019, 03:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Texans also traded Martinas Rankins to the Chiefs for Carlos Hyde.

So what is wrong with LeSean McCoy?

Hyde is decent but Shady was amazing. Guess I missed the news. Just saw the Bills cut him.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Ross is out.
Reply/Quote
Texans have made a huge mistake by not replacing their GM
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...we've made a lot of questionable personnel moves in free agency, the draft, and even now. I'll just leave it at that.

Maybe they will work out. Maybe not.

It will be interesting to see who we waive.

All these non moves makes me believe we are planning for the long term route.

I know we need oline help but if we end up top 3 in the draft Jerry Jeudy looks insanely good.
Reply/Quote
Surprised and disappointed at no OL/LB, but I don't have a problem with either of these pickups.

Thought I saw the other day on ESPN after he was cut that Cooper was an all-pro returner?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 02:57 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think when you pretty much have the division on lockdown for the next few years like the Texans do now that Luck has retired you can afford to make a move like that. The Bengals are obviously not in that same position.

It woyldnt floor me if any team won that division, though. 
Reply/Quote
Looks like Nickerson may be out:

Reply/Quote
my guess on who get released Erickson Malone. Zac doesn't seem to be a fan of Erickson for whatever reason. If it happens wouldn't surprise me if erickson becomes a productive player for the Pats as backup slot / main punt return guy
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Texans have made a huge mistake by not replacing their GM

Agreed.

The Texans really stunted their growth over a couple years and while ya the Colts are out Andrew Luck that is still a good football team.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It woyldnt floor me if any team won that division, though. 

I'd be pretty surprised if the Bengals won it

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The truth.

So what is wrong with LeSean McCoy?

Hyde is decent but Shady was amazing. Guess I missed the news. Just saw the Bills cut him.

Hyde is a couple years younger with around 1900 fewer career touches.

Much more likely for Hyde to rebound than McCoy, assuming all things are equal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Looks like Nickerson may be out:

Already thin at LB

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Already thin at LB

Hopefully we trade Ross for Devon Bush to the steelers.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Looks like Nickerson may be out:

Good.

(09-01-2019, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hyde is a couple years younger with around 1900 fewer career touches.

Much more likely for Hyde to rebound than McCoy, assuming all things are equal.

Youth, makes sense.

Shady McCoy sure was good in his day though.

(09-01-2019, 03:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Already thin at LB

I don't see us not picking up LB help.
Reply/Quote