Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals claim Cooper, Perine
Zac said yesterday he's hopeful Jonah could be back by beginning of December. Maybe thats why acquiring more oline help isn't as urgent as it appears. as far as LB ive been reading we are going to be in nickel 85 to 90 percent of the time.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:31 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Zac said yesterday he's hopeful Jonah could be back by beginning of December. Maybe thats why acquiring more oline help isn't as urgent as it appears. as far as LB ive been reading we are going to be in nickel 85 to 90 percent of the time.

I doubt Jonah will be able to have the strength to play good by December, sounds like hopeful optimism there...

Also we better be able to stop the run cause that is what teams will do if we are always in the Nickel.
Reply/Quote
As far as Nickerson getting the boot guy is garbage shouldn't have even made initial 53
Reply/Quote
I just read that Cooper has a 25.1 yard avg on 61 KR, and a 10.7 avg on 30 something PR. Looking like a nice pickup, especially if Erickson is pressed into full time offensive duties, while AJ Green continues to recover.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson waived for Cooper and Perine.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson waived for Cooper and Perine.

we could see one or both of them on the PS

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:31 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Zac said yesterday he's hopeful Jonah could be back by beginning of December. Maybe thats why acquiring more oline help isn't as urgent as it appears. as far as LB ive been reading we are going to be in nickel 85 to 90 percent of the time.

True. Another reason keeping only 5 cb's raised eyebrows.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just read that Cooper has a 25.1 yard avg on 61 KR, and a 10.7 avg on 30 something PR.  Looking like a nice pickup, especially if Erickson is pressed into full time offensive duties, while AJ Green continues to recover.

Always great to have good Returners.

(09-01-2019, 03:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Josh Malone and Hardy Nickerson waived for Cooper and Perine.

Upgrades.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I doubt Jonah will be able to have the strength to play good by December, sounds like hopeful optimism there...

Also we better be able to stop the run cause that is what teams will do if we are always in the Nickel.

Colts won a SB playing mostly nickel maybe Williams can be our Sanders
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Colts won a SB playing mostly nickel maybe Williams can be our Sanders

Depends on the team, have to be able to stop the run and the pass.

Not only big guys can stop the run though, as long as you can shed blocks and get to the runner its all good.

Shawn or Fej, I don't care. Bates is the man though, dude is a future star IMO.
Reply/Quote

we could see one or both of them on the PS

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Trading Malone and Nickerson for Perine and Pharoh = winning
Reply/Quote
I liked Cooper from what I saw of him when he was with SC. He's one of the few I had actually hoped the Bengals would draft back in those days. It's quite up in the air what they plan to do with the LB problem. Hope for a miracle perhaps? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:11 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: All these non moves makes me believe we are planning for the long term route.

I know we need oline help but if we end up top 3 in the draft Jerry Jeudy looks insanely good.

Long term plan. Hilarious. No playoff win since 1991 how long a plan is that? This team shows no ability to be strategic in any of its moves. It drafts, it coaches, it lives with what it has. It truly is RC Cola in the world of pop. They will spend 3 years building the OL by which time one or two other position groups will age and be deficient. And so it goes
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I doubt Jonah will be able to have the strength to play good by December, sounds like hopeful optimism there...

It takes those guys about 10-14 days in the weight room to get their strength back. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It takes those guys about 10-14 days in the weight room to get their strength back. 

From shoulder surgery?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: From shoulder surgery?

After/during rehab, when they're cleared. 

They can rehab, during which time they will undoubtedly lose strength. Once they're cleared, and start lifting again, the strength will come back pretty quick. 

I'm just talking from observations and discussions. Sunset would probably know a hell of a lot more than me what it's like coming back from injury to lift heavy again. 

Keep in mind, this is a very young man. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: After/during rehab, when they're cleared. 

They can rehab, during which time they will undoubtedly lose strength. Once they're cleared, and start lifting again, the strength will come back pretty quick. 

I'm just talking from observations and discussions. Sunset would probably know a hell of a lot more than me what it's like coming back from injury to lift heavy again. 

Keep in mind, this is a very young man. 

True.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: Maybe Ross is out.

If Ross gets cut, this forum will go nuts.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Agreed.

The Texans really stunted their growth over a couple years and while ya the Colts are out Andrew Luck that is still a good football team.

This may be off point a bit but I think Dolphins made some bad deals as well and are going to tank really hard for Tua Pick.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote