Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals claim Cooper, Perine
(09-01-2019, 03:31 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Zac said yesterday he's hopeful Jonah could be back by beginning of December. Maybe thats why acquiring more oline help isn't as urgent as it appears. as far as LB ive been reading we are going to be in nickel 85 to 90 percent of the time.

Please don’t rush him back...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Jets release LB Albert McClellan. He's 33 so don't know how much he has left but he was PFF's highest rated special team player in 2018 for the Pats including 2 blocked punts and a fumble recovery

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This may be off point a bit but I think Dolphins made some bad deals as well and are going to tank really hard for Tua Pick.   

They are set to select Trevor Lawrence with that 2021 first round pick. They'll likely be bad still in year 2 of the rebuild, and the Texans seem on the verge of a collapse. So that pick might be a second top 5 pick come 2021.

Either way the draft is the Dolphins the next couple years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: They are set to select Trevor Lawrence with that 2021 first round pick. They'll likely be bad still in year 2 of the rebuild, and the Texans seem on the verge of a collapse. So that pick might be a second top 5 pick come 2021.

The Texans are probably favored to win that division. I doubt it's a Top 5 pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 05:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: They are set to select Trevor Lawrence with that 2021 first round pick. They'll likely be bad still in year 2 of the rebuild, and the Texans seem on the verge of a collapse. So that pick might be a second top 5 pick come 2021.

I wouldn't rule out the Colts either for Lawrence.  They tanked before for Luck.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

The Dolphins are playing it smart especially if they are committing to Lawrence in 21. 
(09-01-2019, 05:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Texans are probably favored to win that division. I doubt it's a Top 5 pick.
Agreed on the Texans but two firsts and a second are a load no matter how you look at it. they could trade that #1 pick and get a ton of picks in return for it.
(09-01-2019, 05:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I wouldn't rule out the Colts either for Lawrence.  They tanked before for Luck.  
Doubt it; There roster is much better than 2011 and they have a very QB friendly system. Could be a nice trade partner for Dalton though next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 06:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The Dolphins are playing it smart especially if they are committing to Lawrence in 21. 
Agreed on the Texans but two firsts and a second are a load no matter how you look at it. they could trade that #1 pick and get a ton of picks in return for it.
Doubt it; There roster is much better than 2011 and they have a very QB friendly system. Could be a nice trade partner for Dalton though next season.

I would be a big fan of that move if I'm a Texans fan. You have a franchise QB behind a terrible line. Not good. Also consider that the division is up for grabs with Luck gone, and it was a great time to strike. I'm not a fan of the Clowney trade, but I get it. He was pretty much gone anyway with what he was asking, and they got some LB help in return.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hyde is a couple years younger with around 1900 fewer career touches.

Much more likely for Hyde to rebound than McCoy, assuming all things are equal.

WTF is Hyde going to rebound to? He's been pretty much garbage his whole career
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 07:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I would be a big fan of that move if I'm a Texans fan. You have a franchise QB behind a terrible line. Not good. Also consider that the division is up for grabs with Luck gone, and it was a great time to strike. I'm not a fan of the Clowney trade, but I get it. He was pretty much gone anyway with what he was asking, and they got some LB help in return.

IdK they gave up a Kings ransom for a prince. They gave up 3 future potential high-level starters in the process.
J24

Reply/Quote
Can someone with connections to the organization or that can email Zac, make them have Cooper use his 1st name on his jersey, from COOPER to PHAROH????? Sounds way cooler.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: After/during rehab, when they're cleared. 

They can rehab, during which time they will undoubtedly lose strength. Once they're cleared, and start lifting again, the strength will come back pretty quick. 

I'm just talking from observations and discussions. Sunset would probably know a hell of a lot more than me what it's like coming back from injury to lift heavy again. 

Keep in mind, this is a very young man. 

When I had my shoulder rebuilt, it was 12 weeks of rehab, before I was cleared to train light.  It took a good 3-6 months to get back to full go, but I was in my late 40s and Jonah has youth on his side.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 04:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: After/during rehab, when they're cleared. 

They can rehab, during which time they will undoubtedly lose strength. Once they're cleared, and start lifting again, the strength will come back pretty quick. 

I'm just talking from observations and discussions. Sunset would probably know a hell of a lot more than me what it's like coming back from injury to lift heavy again. 

Keep in mind, this is a very young man. 

It is a labrum tear and it takes a year to fully recover. How do I know? My son had one middle of junior season and wasn’t back to full strength until middle of his senior season. Jonah won’t be back this year. Wishful thinking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When I had my shoulder rebuilt, it was 12 weeks of rehab, before I was cleared to train light.  It took a good 3-6 months to get back to full go, but I was in my late 40s and Jonah has youth on his side.

Yeah, Jonah at least has the youth so it is possible i guess.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 08:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTF is Hyde going to rebound to? He's been pretty much garbage his whole career

1151 total yards with 9 TDs in 2016.
1288 total yards with 8 TDs in 2017.

Far from garbage.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 08:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: IdK they gave up a Kings ransom for a prince. They gave up 3 future potential high-level starters in the process.

2 (probably) late first round picks for a very good Tackle? Meh. I wish I could trade Ogbuehi and Billy Price for Tunsil.

I'd say protecting Watson is worth more than a pair of late first rounders.

And again, I didn't like the Clowney trade. Just said that I "get it". Do you suppose they should've kept him then let him go for nothing?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 09:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Jonah at least has the youth so it is possible i guess.

Now, I will add this;  The muscle strength and power came back much sooner than the ability to absorb shocks and jolts.  Up to 9-12 months post surgery, I had to be careful of "stiff arming" doors, or if I took a slip on rugged terrain, I had to resist the urge to stick that arm out to break my fall.

I would think out of diligence to Jonah Williams being a long term investment, the Bengals would be smart to keep him on the shelf for the entirety of this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now, I will add this;  The muscle strength and power came back much sooner than the ability to absorb shocks and jolts.  Up to 9-12 months post surgery, I had to be careful of "stiff arming" doors, or if I took a slip on rugged terrain, I had to resist the urge to stick that arm out to break my fall.

I would think out of diligence to Jonah Williams being a long term investment, the Bengals would be smart to keep him on the shelf for the entirety of this season.

Thought so, don't risk it. Give him the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 09:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1151 total yards with 9 TDs in 2016.
1288 total yards with 8 TDs in 2017.

Far from garbage.

If you say so. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 09:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2 (probably) late first round picks for a very good Tackle? Meh. I wish I could trade Ogbuehi and Billy Price for Tunsil.

I'd say protecting Watson is worth more than a pair of late first rounders.

And again, I didn't like the Clowney trade. Just said that I "get it". Do you suppose they should've kept him then let him go for nothing?

Or you could be giving up a  Zeitler, Jackson, and Bates not sure I would do that for a good but not great player.
 The Clowney trade was bizarre but then again in what sport do you get a fair deal for a player with one year left on his contract.  It was a meh deal for me.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2019, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When I had my shoulder rebuilt, it was 12 weeks of rehab, before I was cleared to train light.  It took a good 3-6 months to get back to full go, but I was in my late 40s and Jonah has youth on his side.

That, in itself, bodes well for (as we've said, a young guy) his timeline to come back in the 4th quarter of the season. 

What i was wondering...when you were a full go on lifting heavy again, how long did it take before you "felt strong" like before?

Also, from what you know of his injury, how similar/dissimilar were the procedures?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote