Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com Saying Bengals To Dump Payroll After Draft.
Here's Rotoworld's contract status for the Bengals, which should be enough fodder for playing 'what if?' : http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/cin/
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 04:31 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: MJ(almost 5 mil), Iloka(6 mil), Williams(3.6), Hewitt(almost 2 mil) all are costly and expendable.

Kirkpatrick is too much dead money even though most would ship him out in a heartbeat.

Who plays S?  Fej and a rookie?  Or will Brandon Wilson be ready?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Laffell and Rey should be the first to go. Wouldn't be surprised if any of these three are trade Kirkpatrick, Williams, and Burfict. MJ should go but I just don't see it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 04:42 PM)McC Wrote: Who plays S?  Fej and a rookie?  Or will Brandon Wilson be ready?

I would say either Williams or Iloka could go...  not both.

I'd prefer Iloka stays and we draft or sign a ballhawking safety.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Looking at salaries makes you even more sick that Ross was not utilized more.

Hopefully they plan on getting him on the field soon.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 04:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would say either Williams or Iloka could go...  not both.

Seems Austin isn’t happy with our safeties. A high end replacement might have. To wait until next year. Can’t see them passing on OL this year
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 04:49 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Laffell and Rey should be the first to go. Wouldn't be surprised if any of these three are trade Kirkpatrick, Williams, and Burfict. MJ should go but I just don't see it.

The roster bonus they paid LaFell earlier today suggests he isn't getting cut, at least not anytime soon. Maybe at the end of camp, maybe. But Mike Brown paying a guy $1M to sit around in the off-season only to be cut a month later? That happens and I'll start to suspect MB actually passed away and in an effort to avoid a city-wide celebration at the news, Katie's become involved in a very complex 'Weekend at Bernie's' scenario to keep up appearances. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 04:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would say either Williams or Iloka could go...  not both.

Agreed.  Yes, one of those please.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 05:09 PM)Ravage Wrote: The roster bonus they paid LaFell earlier today suggests he isn't getting cut, at least not anytime soon. Maybe at the end of camp, maybe. But Mike Brown paying a guy $1M to sit around in the off-season only to be cut a month later? That happens and I'll start to suspect MB actually passed away and in an effort to avoid a city-wide celebration at the news, Katie's become involved in a very complex 'Weekend at Bernie's' scenario to keep up appearances. 
Should not will too different things. By the way if you don't know  by now he is a dumbass.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 04:31 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: MJ(almost 5 mil), Iloka(6 mil), Williams(3.6), Hewitt(almost 2 mil) all are costly and expendable.

Kirkpatrick is too much dead money even though most would ship him out in a heartbeat.

Unless a guy is total loss I don't see any reasone to cut a player making less than $4 million.  The nonlt way you save money is to replace with a rookie, and even high draft choices are hit and miss.

Those moves are usually for teams that are over or right aginst the cap.
Reply/Quote
My Guess its:
-MJ
-S. Williams
-V. Rey

They could draft Josey Jewell in mid rounds and maybe a safety if Wilson still needs time.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It amazesme how after getting burned on so many high draft picks people just casually talk about getting 2 or 3 instant starters out of the draft.

You know how many first round picks started as many as 8 games last year? 18 of 32. Barely more than half.

You know how many 2nd round picks started as many as 8 games last year? 9 of 32. Less than a third.

We can't just easily replace starters with rookies.

If you release shawn Williams and replace his with a rookie you are probably saving less than $3 million and you could easily end up with a starter much worse that Shawn.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 04:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Seems Austin isn’t happy with our safeties.  A high end replacement might have. To wait until next year.  Can’t see them passing on OL this year

Seeing how the team made an offer to Kurt Coleman, a free safety, I would guess that Williams would be a good guess at a Safety salary to cut.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 04:22 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Don't we have 5 de's???

Nope. Cutting MJ would put us at technically 3 DEs since they still have Lawson listed at LB but have the new DT Baker listed at DE. 

We dont even have a practice squad type to hype up.

As a 4-3 defense going thin at DE would be ignorant. 
Reply/Quote

Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 05:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Unless a guy is total loss I don't see any reasone to cut a player making less than $4 million.  The nonlt way you save money is to replace with a rookie, and even high draft choices are hit and miss.

Those moves are usually for teams that are over or right aginst the cap.

(03-18-2018, 05:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It amazesme how after getting burned on so many high draft picks people just casually talk about getting 2 or 3 instant starters out of the draft.

You know how many first round picks started as many as 8 games last year?  18 of 32.  Barely more than half.

You know how many 2nd round picks started as many as 8 games last year?  9 of 32.  Less than a third.

We can't just easily replace starters with rookies.

If you release shawn Williams and replace his with a rookie you are probably saving less than $3 million and you could easily end up with a starter much worse that Shawn.

The topic of the thread is if they had to save money who might be in consideration.

Who do you suggest then in this scenario?

They have to be making a considerable amount with low dead cap space I'd imagine.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 06:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The topic of the thread is if they had to save money who might be in consideration.

Who do you suggest then in this scenario?

They have to be making a considerable amount with low dead cap space I'd imagine.

Fred doesn't make considerations bro.

He just defends the worst players on the team and brings up stats that KINDA support his position.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 06:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fred doesn't make considerations bro.

He just defends the worst players on the team and brings up stats that KINDA support his position.

I understand what he's saying about swapping a known vet for a draft pick though.

It's really not that simple...  but not impossible either.

That wasn't the topic of the thread though.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 06:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I understand what he's saying about swapping a known vet for a draft pick though.

It's really not that simple...  but not impossible either.

That wasn't the topic of the thread though.

I do too, the Draft is a crapshoot. You never know how a player will work out from the 1st pick to an UDFA.

I am just giving Fred crap. Mellow
Reply/Quote
To the people that want Iloka and Williams cut; why? Their solid at there position, both play special teams, and they both can play nickle LB. Why cut verstile players like that but yet keep Laffell and Rey?
J24

Reply/Quote