Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals.com article about OL at the combine
(03-06-2018, 02:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mellow

I took a few Psychology classes and this very topic was covered. It's a rather fascinating study. What I took from this class was not of which is "better" or "worse", but "why" people view life (or their sports team) in this manner. They've found some very interesting things like pessimistic people live longer, but optimistic people have healthier lives and relationships.  Really a pretty cool study. Here's a few links I remember reading while taking those classes.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/pessimism-vs-optimism/
https://blog.cognifit.com/optimism-vs-pessimism/
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 04:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know it is extremely discouraging to us fans but probably the biggest mistake a coach can do is rule out a player, even if it is
Bodine or Ogbuehi. If Pollack sees something in them who am i to argue. If we bring back Bodine i just hope it is not for starter
money, i would be happier if we just moved on though and that way it would force the team to take a Center early.

I don't see Bodine getting better, he was never a high ceiling type of Center. He was solid coming out of college and could lift
the weights, but he didn't have the longer arms, punch or lower weight to really anchor.

This is all just talk right now but if Pollack wants nasty, these guys are not it and he will see that.

(03-05-2018, 01:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: Of course people are gonna be a little discouraged when they see three of the worst players at their respective positions being spoken of in any regard other than "you suck". LOL 

Pollack is in his 1st year.  He's not gonna torch the damn place right out of the gate.  He may have to work with these bums this season.  Hopefully he can address their flaws and correct them, or at least change the blocking scheme to mask their deficiencies.  Maybe he makes some personnel changes.....we'll just have to wait and see.

Sure, I would have LOVED it if he had said "Ced needs to get his head out of his ass, and quit pussyfooting around out there.  Bodine needs to realize he's a few years removed from the ACC, and this is the NFL......which stands for 'Not For Long' if he keeps getting his ass handed to him week in and week out."......but that's not very realistic. Smirk

Exactly! Bodine & Ced are not even close to my favorite Bengal players, both n my bottom ten, I can assure everyone. That said, Bodine doesn't miss games! He misses assignments and blocks, but not games. 

Ced is/was rated a first round talent. Somewhere out there must be a vet olineman or coach that can at least make him serviceable. 

Both players drive me crazy, but with the new season also comes the search and hope of finding the silver lining.

Personally, I hope Pollack gets this train moving n the right direction. I want a salty engineer at the helm and a locomotive with a raging boiler inside. Keep hope alive, but leave both feet planted squarely on terra firma.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 08:30 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Well, he did become more fierce at playing badly  Cool

At least hes not Johnathan martin  lol
Reply/Quote