Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals confirm-Zac stays
Everyone should have seen this coming. If you thought differently you were ignorant to how things have been done here for 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:53 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Paul Brown didn't do those things. He'd happily fire a coach where the team wasn't performing.

Both Bill Johnson and Homer Rice were gone before 3 years were done. Rice didn't even make it for two seasons.

The next coaches after those two got the team to the Super Bowl. Then came Mike Brown.

Yeah, I'm just trying to process how the mind of Mike Brown works by making up far-reaching reasons as to why he's keeping Zac around and how he constructed his communication to the Bengals fans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No surprise, Zac was given at least three years to move this team into the right direction, from the letter it seems that he has next year to show the Bengals are competitive to retain his job. The leash seems short unlike Marvin Lewis tenure.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No surprise, Zac was given at least three years to move this team into the right direction, from the letter it seems that he has next year to be show the Bengals are competitive to retain his job.  The leash seems short unlike Marvin Lewis tenure.

Marvin Lewis is interviewing for the Detroit job and maybe others. I think Zac has been given little to work with. Give him another year with a better offensive line and see where that leads.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'll wait on judging this move to see what becomes of the assistant coaches. I don't hate keeping Zac around if we bring in player development focused assistants.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:22 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yeah, I'm just trying to process how the mind of Mike Brown works by making up far-reaching reasons as to why he's keeping Zac around and how he constructed his communication to the Bengals fans.

How Mike Brown's mind works has mystified us all for 30 years.

Reply/Quote
At this should kill the false narrative that losing to the Browns is the surefire way to get MB to fire you. ZT is 1-3 against the Browns and they've won 11 more games than we have during his 2 years at the helm.
Reply/Quote
No good assistant coaches are coming to the Bengals with Taylor as head coach.

Think about it- coming to work for Mike Brown and Taylor???

How stupid would you have to be to accept Bengals offer unless it was the only one you received?

Folks- promise you they are moving as soon as lease expires or as soon as they can get out of lease.

Mike Brown will blame the fans and their lack of support when this happens..

Please mark this down.

Predicting the Mike Brown family departure when lease is up  is about as difficult as predicting they would not fire the worst coach in the history of the franchise ( and one of the worst in NFL history) so long as he had even one year remaining on his contract.

Would Paul Brown keep Taylor after these two years? Of course not but he never would have hired him in the first place.
Reply/Quote
After just witnessing his team giving up a historical amount of rushing yards yesterday, I'm genuinely curious as to what he wouldn't be bullish on.  Kodak film?  Electron tubes?  Radio talk show hosts?  Nazi Germany?  Just what the hell does it take to dampen his enthusiasm about something?!?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:48 PM)bengals67 Wrote: No good assistant coaches are coming to the Bengals with Taylor as head coach.

Think about it- coming to work for Mike Brown and Taylor???

How stupid would you have to be to accept Bengals offer unless it was the only one you received?

Folks- promise you they are moving as soon as lease expires or as soon as they can get out of lease.

Mike Brown will blame the fans and their lack of support when this happens..

Please mark this down.

Predicting the Mike Brown family departure when lease is up  is about as difficult as predicting they would not fire the worst coach in the history of the franchise ( and one of the worst in NFL history) so long as he had even one year remaining on his contract.

Would Paul Brown keep Taylor after these two years? Of course not but he never would have hired him in the first place.

Good. Let some other city suffer and get swindled by those frauds.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I must say I'm not surprised at all. Also, I think we all know who we're dealing with as the owner of the team. If you forget that, then you've left yourselves open for a letdown. I hope you remember who runs the team when the draft rolls around, and one or two (even good) FAs get signed that you don't let your excitement run wild leading to high expectations. Stay grounded. And if the team surprises us next year with a good year, it'll feel a lot better. But if they are bad, it won't disappoint you as much.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we are going to hear anything more about coaching changes.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
The fish rots from the head.
Reply/Quote
I saw PDJ mention that Taylor and staff won't be coaching the Sr Bowl, either. Glad he's all in with opportunities...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:32 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: This tells me one of two things...The Bengals Front Office doesn't care about the fanbase and/or they are so narcissistic that they can't admit to the mistake of hiring Taylor to begin with.

Or #3 : MB will NOT pay a coach who isn't coaching...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown has been trying to earn his stripes since the day Paul Brown died. He has failed to do so in 3 decades and with the little time he probably has left, he never will.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:20 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Everyone should have seen this coming. If you thought differently you were ignorant to how things have been done here for 30 years.

Some of us did. I've been telling people all along Taylor would get at least 3 years, and was blasted for that opinion. I've been here since game 1, some things are just the way they are.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 06:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some of us did. I've been telling people all along Taylor would get at least 3 years, and was blasted for that opinion. I've been here since game 1, some things are just the way they are.

I think you’ve been blasted more for the proclamations of greatnesses to come than how long he’ll be here.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:08 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I saw PDJ mention that Taylor and staff won't be coaching the Sr Bowl, either.  Glad he's all in with opportunities...

maybe the Senior bowl said no thanks
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 06:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some of us did. I've been telling people all along Taylor would get at least 3 years, and was blasted for that opinion. I've been here since game 1, some things are just the way they are.

people are allowed to hope for at least 1 positive change this offseason right?
Reply/Quote