Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals could still win 10 games
Browning is looking OK at QB, and Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon with McPherson. Bengals have Colts, Vikings, Browns in THE JUNGLE and Steelers and Browns have their own quarterback injury problems. So Bengals still winning 10 games is not wishful thinking by a die hard Bengals fan like me. The Bengals who have went to back to back AFC Championships showed me something against Jacksonville. This Team has the Players and The Pride to Win more games this season. Chiefs are probably a loss, but rest of season are games Bengals could win.

Tiger

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It's mainly the battle of the backups from here on out.

Indy I believe is still using Minshew.
Cleveland is using Flacco.
If Pickett is out for any length of time, it will be Trubisky for Pitt.
Dobbs for Minnesota.

If Bengals can continue morphing the offense to fit Browning, they do have a shot at having a winning season, possibly even 10 games as you said.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just wish CTB was healthy! I believe his energy and play would only this team push to a playoff berth.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 11:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's mainly the battle of the backups from here on out.

Indy I believe is still using Minshew.
Cleveland is using Flacco.
If Pickett is out for any length of time, it will be Trubisky for Pitt.
Dobbs for Minnesota.

If Bengals can continue morphing the offense to fit Browning, they do have a shot at having a winning season, possibly even 10 games as you said.
and I'm taking into account THE JUNGLE.   Colts, Vikings and Browns have to play in Cincinnati.  Fans could be the 12th man on defense and help Bengals WIN.  Steelers are in Pittsburgh, but we've seen Steelers win in Cincy and Bengals win in Pittsburgh many seasons.  3 of the 4 Wins would be IN THE JUNGLE. 

and that Browning to Chase TD Bomb was better than Burrow injured early in season. If Browning can get the ball to Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, the back to back AFC Championship Bengals are stilll plenty tough.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 11:47 AM)kevin Wrote: Browning is looking OK at QB, and Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon with McPherson.  Bengals have Colts, Vikings, Browns in THE JUNGLE and Steelers and Browns have their own quarterback injury problems.  So Bengals still winning 10 games is not wishful thinking by a die hard Bengals fan like me.  The Bengals who have went to back to back AFC Championships showed me something against Jacksonville.  This Team has the Players and The Pride to Win more games this season.  Chiefs are probably a loss, but rest of season are games Bengals could win.

Tiger

GO BENGALS

And even with respect to the Chiefs game, there are so many unexpected things that can happen in football. Injuries, weather, the way the ball bounces on a fumble, illness, etc. Mahomes has been nearly indestructible, and has  played through all kinds of injuries and the flu. But he has had off games. One never knows. Although the game is at Arrowhead, so the Bengals will probably be big underdogs again. But they just faced a red-hot Jaguars team, in Jacksonville, and were 10-point underdogs, and came out the winner. The Jets somehow beat the Eagles. 

It's just nice having something still to play for, even after the loss of our franchise QB. I'm sure everyone is now excited for Sunday's game. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 11:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Bengals can continue morphing the offense to fit Browning, they do have a shot at having a winning season, possibly even 10 games as you said.

This. I think Pittsburgh is going to be surprised when we play them again. According to Browning and Zac, against Pitt, they tried to run the same offense as if Browning were Burrow. Browning even admittedly told the coaching staff to not change the offense. Clearly, it failed. The coaches and Browning then worked together to find what Browning does well and what he likes and we see what happened against the Jaguars.

Now, granted Jacksonville's defense ain't no "Steel Curtain" but given that we just needed a little bit more from the offense and we could've beat the Steelers a couple weeks ago, I think we will get what we need offensively and we WILL beat the Steelers. As probably most of the other teams. Hell, we may even surprise the Chiefs (more likely they look past us), though I doubt it.

I was one who, without Burrow, was fine if we lost the rest of the way to get a better draft pick, but even though I don't think we can win a playoff game, let alone the Super Bowl, with our current team (mainly the defense), I still think it would be awesome if we could at least MAKE the playoffs. Show the NFL, that even without Burrow, we're still a decent team.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 11:47 AM)kevin Wrote: Browning is looking OK at QB, and Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon with McPherson. Bengals have Colts, Vikings, Browns in THE JUNGLE and Steelers and Browns have their own quarterback injury problems. So Bengals still winning 10 games is not wishful thinking by a die hard Bengals fan like me. The Bengals who have went to back to back AFC Championships showed me something against Jacksonville. This Team has the Players and The Pride to Win more games this season. Chiefs are probably a loss, but rest of season are games Bengals could win.

Tiger

GO BENGALS

Well if Browning plays like Monday of course. Zac & Lou are 3-1 vs Mahomes/Reid though the underdog. The One loss they got beat at the gun.The offense has outscored KC 60-31 in the second half after tremendous adjustments by the coaches. The Packers just beat them. KC has struggled (for them) offensively with their scoring average down 20%. But I think 4-2 is more realistic because Jake is going to throw some INT’s I’d bet.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 12:34 PM)Nepa Wrote: It's just nice having something still to play for, even after the loss of our franchise QB. I'm sure everyone is now excited for Sunday's game. 

Exactly how I'm feeling. I was only planning on watching the first half of the Jaguars game as I expected them to blow us out, but I watched the whole thing because of how fun and competitive it was. I'm now back to looking forward to our upcoming games. Even the Chiefs one.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 12:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I was one who, without Burrow, was fine if we lost the rest of the way to get a better draft pick, but even though I don't think we can win a playoff game, let alone the Super Bowl, with our current team (mainly the defense), I still think it would be awesome if we could at least MAKE the playoffs. Show the NFL, that even without Burrow, we're still a decent team.

To the bolded, it also would show credibility to this offensive coaching staff that they can adapt.
That'd be huge for them, as many (including myself) have given a majority of the credit to Burrow for when the offense has been successful, not the coaches.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If Browning keeps playing like Monday night no reason we still cant win the SB. He just needs to play more like Monday and quit taking sacks. With the Stat line Browning had whose to realistically say Burrow would have done better. Dont get it twisted I still think Burrow is better but if Browning plays like Monday night rest of the season he is a top 15 QB with our offensive weaponry and opportunistic D along with playoff experience from most of the roster. A good QB might be enough to win a championship even without Burrow
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 12:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Exactly how I'm feeling. I was only planning on watching the first half of the Jaguars game as I expected them to blow us out, but I watched the whole thing because of how fun and competitive it was. I'm now back to looking forward to our upcoming games. Even the Chiefs one.

You've got me on the Chiefs one.  Maybe if Mahomes also gets injured.  Other than Chiefs, I like Bengals chances for a 10 win season. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 12:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well if Browning plays like Monday of course. Zac & Lou are 3-1 vs Mahomes/Reid though the underdog. The One loss they got beat at the gun.The offense has outscored KC 60-31 in the second half after tremendous adjustments by the coaches. The Packers just beat them. KC has struggled (for them) offensively with their scoring average down 20%. But I think 4-2 is more realistic because Jake is going to throw some INT’s I’d bet.

Yes KC beat us at the fun with a walk off FG.  We also beat them with a walk off FG, in fact all 3 wins were by 3 points.  Even with KC's wide receiver issue it would take a hell of a game to beat them at Arrowhead.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 12:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Yes KC beat us at the fun with a walk off FG.  We also beat them with a walk off FG, in fact all 3 wins were by 3 points.  Even with KC's wide receiver issue it would take a hell of a game to beat them at Arrowhead.

It’s unlikely but this roster beat SF soundly. Oh I know they didn’t have Samuel or Trent Williams but we put up 34 points on their highly rated defense. If we get solid work from Browning I don’t think it’s as insurmountable. KC has struggled. They scored no TD’s vs Denver and had no points. It took them 37 plays to score a TD on the Packers. They aren’t the same Chiefs. The NFL is tough.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s unlikely but this roster beat SF soundly. Oh I know they didn’t have Samuel or Trent Williams but we put up 34 points on their highly rated defense. If we get solid work from Browning I don’t think it’s as insurmountable. KC has struggled. They scored no TD’s vs Denver and had no points. It took them 37 plays to score a TD on the Packers. They aren’t the same Chiefs. The NFL is tough.

I would definitely rather play KC than the 49ers again.  Beating KC in Arrowhead with a backup QB would be statement game.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I would definitely rather play KC than the 49ers again.  Beating KC in Arrowhead with a backup QB would be statement game.

Dude, how deflated would the Chiefs be if the Bengals beat them for the 4th time in 5 games but this time with a backup QB instead of Burrow? Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dude, how deflated would the Chiefs be if the Bengals beat them for the 4th time in 5 games but this time with a backup QB instead of Burrow? Smirk

Chiefs Twitter would lose their minds.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 12:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This. I think Pittsburgh is going to be surprised when we play them again. According to Browning and Zac, against Pitt, they tried to run the same offense as if Browning were Burrow. Browning even admittedly told the coaching staff to not change the offense. Clearly, it failed. The coaches and Browning then worked together to find what Browning does well and what he likes and we see what happened against the Jaguars.

Now, granted Jacksonville's defense ain't no "Steel Curtain" but given that we just needed a little bit more from the offense and we could've beat the Steelers a couple weeks ago, I think we will get what we need offensively and we WILL beat the Steelers. As probably most of the other teams. Hell, we may even surprise the Chiefs (more likely they look past us), though I doubt it.

I was one who, without Burrow, was fine if we lost the rest of the way to get a better draft pick, but even though I don't think we can win a playoff game, let alone the Super Bowl, with our current team (mainly the defense), I still think it would be awesome if we could at least MAKE the playoffs. Show the NFL, that even without Burrow, we're still a decent team.

Well we are to be completely honest, this team this year had under performed in almost all areas vs previous 2 years , so even with Burrow it seemed unlikely we would make it to Super Bowl, but getting to the playoffs would be a great turn around and show this team is more than just their "star" QB and can overcome periods without Burrow. Hell maybe they might win 1 game in playoffs, if offense continues to perform well and defense continues to improve, A depleted Ravens team outplayed us last year, we looked on the verge of losing before Hubbards TD .
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 12:41 PM)kevin Wrote: You've got me on the Chiefs one.  Maybe if Mahomes also gets injured.  Other than Chiefs, I like Bengals chances for a 10 win season. 

Plus, the Chiefs now have Taylor Swift. Green Bay was able to roll out Simone Biles to counter her. Who do the Bengals have to counter with?  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: Plus, the Chiefs now have Taylor Swift. Green Bay was able to roll out Simone Biles to counter her. Who do the Bengals have to counter with?  Smirk

Kid Cudi or John Legend?
Reply/Quote
I was really down on Browning and that’s why i predicted no more wins and i thought we’d try and tank

But if Browning is gonna play like a NFL QB then maybe we can win 4/5 of our last games.

Colts and Vikings are hard games and must wins.

Cleveland game is winnable because of their QB situation.

Chiefs is gonna be a slaughter

Pittsburg is the game I’m circling.

I just don’t see a way we win that without jumping out 2 scores early and playing keep away.

This is gonna be a stressful 5 weeks
-Housh
Reply/Quote