Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals get screwed in preseason scheduling?
The dates of our next three preseason games are the 24th, 29th and 3rd.

Meaning, 4 days between the 2nd and 3rd game and 4 days between the 3rd and 4th game.

Is this really fair?

I thought to myself that other teams must have to go through this as well, and teams do like the Buccaneers and Steelers. However other teams like the Seahawks have for example have 7 days between their 2nd and 3rd games.

Detroit had their second game on the 20th, their 3rd on the 28th and last on the 3rd. So 7 days, then 5 days.

We are stuck with 4 and 4.

Are the preseason games staggered because training camps start at different times? I don't get why all the teams don't just have similar preseason schedules.

Anyone else think this is somewhat bogus?
Reply/Quote
I don't really care about the number of days between pre-season games. All I look at is the number of days before our regular season opener, and I am happy that our last pre-season game is on a Friday. Especially considering that we have to travel to the west coast for our first regular season.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure that it matters.  The starters are gonna play x amount of snaps regardless.  It will be marginal players and guys who get cut feeling the brunt of the scheduling.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The dates of our next three preseason games are the 24th, 29th and 3rd.

Meaning, 4 days between the 2nd and 3rd game and 4 days between the 3rd and 4th game.

Is this really fair?

I thought to myself that other teams must have to go through this as well, and teams do like the Buccaneers and Steelers. However other teams like the Seahawks have for example have 7 days between their 2nd and 3rd games.

Detroit had their second game on the 20th, their 3rd on the 28th and last on the 3rd. So 7 days, then 5 days.

We are stuck with 4 and 4.

Are the preseason games staggered because training camps start at different times? I don't get why all the teams don't just have similar preseason schedules.

Anyone else think this is somewhat bogus?

Nah we get to test run MNF and PS game 4 wont feature many projected starters. and most starters will probly play less than 1/2 of game 2.
Reply/Quote
If anything it means that our key players will potentially play less in each of these last three preseason games which is something I would be very happy about.
Reply/Quote
They only guys who really get the screw are the ones who have a minor injury. Instead of just missing one preseason game they will miss 2.
Reply/Quote
All good points thank you for clarifying
Reply/Quote
Haven't looked at the dates, but wouldn't that mean we get more days between the last preseason and the first regular season game? Which would be a positive, I'd think. More time for the coaches to look at preseason film of any upcoming opponents.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They only guys who really get the screw are the ones who have a minor injury.  Instead of just missing one preseason game they will miss 2.

Or get injured in the LAST pre-season game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think everyone plays that 4th game on 9/3, so there are a lot of teams playing the prior Saturday and Sunday that will have a short turn-around. Playing MNF and then the Bears on four days rest may be a good thing. The Bears game is game #3, the closest to a real game and real game conditions. We can see what Andy and company can do on a short week. Maybe that will help with that Cleveland game in November.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Meh, no big deal.  Just means more time for the rookies and hangers on to get more reps.  Honestly, I think it would be pretty cool if the NFL had a preseason game week designated where only players that were not on the starting lineup were allowed to participate.  Maybe like the 2nd preseason game, right before the 1st round of cuts?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm still confused as to why the preseason schedule is staggered to begin with. Does it have to do with the different starting times for training camps? I don't even know why training camps start at different times throughout the year.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:27 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: If anything it means that our key players will potentially play less in each of these last three preseason games which is something I would be very happy about.

Yeah what he said.
Reply/Quote
Aren't there several teams that had to play 5 PS games this year?

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 06:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I think everyone plays that 4th game on 9/3, so there are a lot of teams playing the prior Saturday and Sunday that will have a short turn-around.  Playing MNF and then the Bears on four days rest may be a good thing.  The Bears game is game #3, the closest to a real game and real game conditions.  We can see what Andy and company can do on a short week.  Maybe that will help with that Cleveland game in November.

Or maybe it just means that the 1s will only do one or two drives against the Buccaneers. I doubt they will play much at all with them playing the Bears so soon after
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 09:01 PM)orangeandblackblood Wrote: Aren't there several teams that had to play 5 PS games this year?
Just two. Minn and Pitt because of the HOF game
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 10:21 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Or maybe it just means that the 1s will only do one or two drives against the Buccaneers. I doubt they will play much at all with them playing the Bears so soon after

Well, here's hoping the coaching staff has more forsight than to run the 1s out for just a single series, even with the Bears a scant five days away. Guess we'll see.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The Bengals really get screwed in the regular season scheduling. 6 straight years on the road to start out the season, in Oakland no less.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:39 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not sure that it matters.  The starters are gonna play x amount of snaps regardless.  It will be marginal players and guys who get cut feeling the brunt of the scheduling.

^ Bingo.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2015, 01:38 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: The Bengals really get screwed in the regular season scheduling. 6 straight years on the road to start out the season, in Oakland no less.

If they can't go beat the Raiders in week one they don't deserve to win a game all year. And you have 8 home games and 8 road games. I could care less if they open at home. Even if it is not until week 5, you have a "home opener" at some point and 7 more games following it. Geez, this thread almost makes me wish I was a Steelers fan. Man up you Who Deys!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote