Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting 3 6th-round Comp Picks
Build the OL with all 6th rounders.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 11:40 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Build the OL with all 6th rounders.

We tried that a couple years ago... It's just we took those sixth rounders in the first four.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 12:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The sad part is, they'd likely accept that offer.  Then, the Bengals would be stuck paying the man.

What is the difference between paying Brown and paying Boyd?  You don't re-sign him and you pay an extra $5 million per year over Boyd's next likely contract?  Yes, please.  Douchebag and all....I think he would LOVE to stick it to his old team.  Although, I was just trying to be funny by offering a sixth rounder, but the more I think of it what would be the downside?
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 08:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What is the difference between paying Brown and paying Boyd?  You don't re-sign him and you pay an extra $5 million per year over Boyd's next likely contract?  Yes, please.  Douchebag and all....I think he would LOVE to stick it to his old team.  Although, I was just trying to be funny by offering a sixth rounder, but the more I think of it what would be the downside?

Brown is a product of Ben. Whenever Ben went down with injuries AB's numbers nose dived. I think Dalton wouldn't be able to supply him with enough passes. I would pass on AB unless they plan on drafting a QB.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 08:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What is the difference between paying Brown and paying Boyd?  You don't re-sign him and you pay an extra $5 million per year over Boyd's next likely contract?  Yes, please.  Douchebag and all....I think he would LOVE to stick it to his old team.  Although, I was just trying to be funny by offering a sixth rounder, but the more I think of it what would be the downside?

Plenty of downsides.. He's not unlike the rest of us in that he too is getting older and I don't think he will at any time drop by the fountain of youth for eternal life.. We often hear of "locker room cancers".. He would likely be worse than mere cancer, more like a toxic waste dump that spreads to everything it touches with it's own live and breeding vermin to spread even further.
We might all be wrong in not wanting him around and perhaps he would indeed catch more TD's than any Bengal ever, but I kind of doubt it.. On the upside he might single handedly provide plenty of jobs for Cincinnati police and jail guards. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 11:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Cobi Hamilton was just miscast and underutilized.  In the right system, he could have been a perennial All-Pro.     Ninja

Cobi Hamilton started 8 games for the Steelers in 2016.
Reply/Quote
Cobi might be one of the few WR ever to have 6 years in and be with 6 different teams.
he really looks the part for the position.
nice physical numbers
but for whatever reason he cant secure a starting or reserve role anywhere.
hes one and done.
he cant even make a,AAF roster.
he probally doesnt show enough on special teams
to be able to stick around.
Reply/Quote
Have we not had 22 picks in the last two years? The last thing we need is anothe huge number, move to quality over quantity.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 09:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 6th round picks, otherwise known as Future Bengals Message Board Preseason HoFers.

ML ERA 6TH ROUNDERS:

Langston Moore....9 starts, 76 tackles, 5 sacks in 6 seasons
Greg Brooks
Tab Perry....team record 1564 kick return yards in '05.
Reggie McNeal
Matt Toeaina...Bears starting DT in 2010 and 2011
Corey Lynch.....12 starts, 104 tackles, 5 ints in 6 years
Matt Sherry
Morgan Trent.....3 starts, 66 tackles and 3 ints in 3 NFL seasons
Bernard Scott.....1200 yards from scrimmage in 3 years with Bengals.
Dezmon Briscoe.....35 receptions and 6 tds for Tampa Bay in 2011
Ryan Whalen
Daniel Herron....524 yards from scrimmage for Colts in 2014
Rex Burkhead....1324 yards from scrimmage and 11 tds over last 3 seasons.
Cobi Hamilton.....started 8 games for Steelers in 2016
Marquise Flowers....played 300 snaps on defense and 200 more on ST for the Super Bowl Patriots in 2017
Derron Smith
Cody Core
Jordan Evans...played over 50% of snaps on 2018 defense.  9 starts, 94 tackles in 2 seasons
Brandon Wilson

Some real message board heroes there. Best players from that list are probably Corey Lynch and Rex Burkhead, both depth role players. No real hits.

We don't have to get stars to make the picks valuable.  All we have to do is get players better than what is on our roster right now. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 05:18 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: About what we were expecting I guess.

Now have 5 picks in the 6th round alone, including the one gained from the Cowboys for the Benwikere trade.

I figured as much, when I did a mock draft, I thought the 6th round would never end.... Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2019, 11:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hold onto those picks and use them. Huber was a below average punter last year and Randy can easily be upgraded. Get the best kickers available and use the rest on some fliers

This is actually not a bad idea.  There are a couple of pretty good prospects at K this year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
These picks don't have much trade value on draft day, unfortunately.
Per the 2019 trade value chart, all three comp picks estimate about 20 pts total, which is equivalent to early 6th rounder.
The Bengals might be able to trade all five of their 6th rounders to get another 4th rounder though, but it may not be worth it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 06:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One thing that all of those picks have in common?  They were all pre Marvin Lewis era picks.  And, judging from the information deduced from Leonarleap's post, it seems that the late picks in the Marvin Lewis era paled in comparison to the rest of the league.  Maybe Marvin Lewis wasn't the "great judge of talent" that many of us gave him credit for, during much of his run with the Bengals? 

Perhaps Zac Taylor and his hand selected group of assistants will do a better job of identifying players with a specific skill set, that fits into what they want to accomplish on the field?

I wouldn't blame it all on Marvin, he only requested the ketchup bottles, he didn't know they were being used for something else.

Paul probably had little choice with cheapskate Mike Brown at the helm, had to get innovative and creative with the least amount of money. And all was well til they made Green Ketchup....
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2019, 11:32 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Brown is a product of Ben. Whenever Ben went down with injuries AB's numbers nose dived. I think Dalton wouldn't be able to supply him with enough passes. I would pass on AB unless they plan on drafting a QB.

In that hypothetical where you add the leading receiver in the league...IF Dalton can't 'supply him with enough passes' then you need to move on from Dalton because no combination of WR's would be good enough.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2019, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In that hypothetical where you add the leading receiver in the league...IF Dalton can't 'supply him with enough passes' then you need to move on from Dalton because no combination of WR's would be good enough.

We already have a number 1 receiver. AB would make all  pro  water cooler tossing. This guy is a cancer and a me first player that can't be relied on. If a future HOF QB couldn't make him happy I don't think many starting QBs will. This is a moot point because AB wants a ring and he knows he isn't getting it here anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2019, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In that hypothetical where you add the leading receiver in the league...IF Dalton can't 'supply him with enough passes' then you need to move on from Dalton because no combination of WR's would be good enough.

We're on the four team list of teams the Steelers will not trade him to so it's a very moot point.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Since Feb 25 is Zac Taylor day in Cincinnati we're a shoe in to win even with a horrible team because...uhhh...errr... Well it just is.. 
Can you just imagine your great great great grandkids celebrating the day out of school for Zac Taylor day someday?
Yeah, me either.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hmmmm...
3 6th round comp picks.
Our 6th round pick.
Dallas's 6th round pick.

We have 5 shots at the next Tom Brady!

We're going to win a bunch of Super Bowls!!!!!

LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2019, 07:11 PM)McC Wrote: We're on the four team list of teams the Steelers will not trade him to so it's a very moot point.

Reportedly wants the next team to fully guarantee the rest of his contract and want additional money. This will handcuff the Steelers as far as trading him for any value. I think there is a cartoon here with AB and Bell taking turns having their way with the Steelers and their fans while bent over a barrel.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2019, 07:11 PM)McC Wrote: We're on the four team list of teams the Steelers will not trade him to so it's a very moot point.

I don't get that.,.they could get our pick and saddle us with a guy who will probably quit on us the second he gets a taste of the Bengal way. 
Reply/Quote