Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals going in the wrong direction?
This was posted by Jeff Ruby this morning on his Twitter account. What do you think?

[Image: XcoHtSj.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He nailed it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:15 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: This was posted by Jeff Ruby this morning on his Twitter account. What do you think?

This is an obvious YES. While I agree on not resigning some of the players that left there are others who are obviously needed to be signed . Zeitler for example. No offer this free agency is being reported and the only offer from Cincy was last offseason for roughly the same $ that was paid to Boling on his extension. This is unacceptable. Grossly misjudging the market On Whitworth was also unacceptable. All I can do is hope Ced starts to fulfill his first round potential.

We are being asked as fans to trust the front office philosophy that has produced no playoff wins.
Reply/Quote
Moral of the story

When you lose guys you have to have suitable replacements on hand

We don't do that. It seems every time someone walks it caught us off guard
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:27 AM)Housh Wrote: Moral of the story

When you lose guys you have to have suitable replacements on hand

We don't do that. It seems every time someone walks it caught us off guard

...and off tackle too.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:15 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: This was posted by Jeff Ruby this morning on his Twitter account. What do you think?

According to some on here, you and Jeff Ruby should just get over it.... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Days like yesterday are why Carson Palmer couldn't wait to leave town.
Reply/Quote
Good for him. I'm glad he posted it. Hopefully Mike Brown, Marvin & the FO will catch hell over how this went down. The truth hurts.....but what they do about it is what matters.......
Reply/Quote
Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:Days like yesterday are why Carson Palmer couldn't wait to leave town.

I honestly don't hold any ill will toward him at this point, I actually can completely understand his frustration with the way this team does business.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:52 AM)nkets Wrote: I honestly don't hold any ill will toward him at this point, I actually can completely understand his frustration with the way this team does business.

Agree. I always hated seeing him leave but I completely understood why
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Days like yesterday are why Carson Palmer couldn't wait to leave town.

(03-10-2017, 11:52 AM)nkets Wrote: I honestly don't hold any ill will toward him at this point, I actually can completely understand his frustration with the way this team does business.

I understood it then, I was in his corner.....I just can't believe I got duped again by this three ring circus.  Bet your ass, that won't happen again.  Back to being a cynic, eff these clowns, they deserve it.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 11:55 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I understood it then, I was in his corner.....I just can't believe I got duped again by this three ring circus.  Bet your ass, that won't happen again.  Back to being a cynic, eff these clowns, they deserve it.

Yes they do -- but at the expense of Andy Dalton's health and safety?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes they do -- but at the expense of Andy Dalton's health and safety?

I feel bad for Andy.  He had grown into the QB we needed about the time they decide to eff up again.  They did the same thing to Palmer about 07-08.  Palmer couldn't move, and got injured.  Dalton's only saving grace is he can scramble.  If I were him, and AJ Green for that matter, I'd be looking for dancing partners.  Geno and Dunlap only have another year to put up with this shit.

Reply/Quote
Spot on. Spot on.

But look at the bright side: this very well may be Marvins last year
Reply/Quote
This is definitely stating the obvious. The Bengals are not doing so hot at the moment.

As for grossly misjudging the market, I don't think that's it at all. I simply think Mike Brown has a number he's willing to pay a player and if the player wants more, oh well. I think people are giving this front office too much credit by saying they mistakenly judged the market. We all know Brown is king of cheap. Offensive line is a place he doesn't believe is valuable, so he's not willing to put a bunch of money there. Dumbest thing I've ever heard, but that's our owner and GM.
Reply/Quote
Can he buy the team?

Reply/Quote

I am alarmed. I just upgraded my season tickets to the club with family for 8 seats in the club. My message to MB and Bengals is lose in 2017 and My group is done, no more season tickets.

Ruby nailed it
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Spot on. Spot on.

But look at the bright side: this very well may be Marvins last year

It won't matter as long as the same bozos are running the show.  I'm starting to believe Marv has succeeded in spite of these Bungaling fools.....he's just become Bungalized.

Reply/Quote
Katie is just as culpable as her old man.

Go count the number of people in the FO that dont share or swap DNA with the brown family. Go ahead, I'll wait, won't take too long. Not going to progress as an organization when there is no diversity of ideas.

It's a disgrace to Cincinnati on the whole. Makes the city look bad. They should be ashamed and the whole town should publicly shun them. I'm going to start saving my trash to make a deposit.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:32 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Katie is just as culpable as her old man.

Go count the number of people in the FO that dont share or swap DNA with the brown family.  Go ahead, I'll wait, won't take too long.   Not going to progress as an organization when there is no diversity of ideas.  

It's a disgrace to Cincinnati on the whole.  Makes the city look bad.  They should be ashamed and the whole town should publicly shun them.  I'm going to start saving my trash to make a deposit.

When you have local business men trashing you on social media.....you'd think it would be a wake up call.  Not to the delusional waterheads.  If I were Jeff, I'd be pissed too.  He, and others, developed the waterfront with the thought of catching some of the game day crowds as big business days.  The Reds attendance is already subpar, if the Bungals follow suit and have an empty stadium, it could theoretically hurt their business down there.  I'm glad to see Jeff call them out, to be honest.  Kudos.....about time someone with a platform did.

Reply/Quote