Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals have no plans on trading the #1 pick
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28514417/sources-bengals-no-intention-trading-no-1-overall-draft-pick?sf228464393=1

Hopefully this quiets a few more people and dispels some rumors.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 03:32 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28514417/sources-bengals-no-intention-trading-no-1-overall-draft-pick?sf228464393=1

I believe this based on the Bengals' history, but I'll truly believe it when it happens. The draft can't get here quick enough.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 03:32 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28514417/sources-bengals-no-intention-trading-no-1-overall-draft-pick?sf228464393=1

What if the Dolphins gave us all three of their first round picks?  #4, #20, and #24?  I'd be tempted.  I'd be very happy with Burrow, but I'm just saying there are scenarios of possible offers that would need a second look before saying no.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 04:35 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What if the Dolphins gave us all three of their first round picks?  #4, #20, and #24?  I'd be tempted.  I'd be very happy with Burrow, but I'm just saying there are scenarios of possible offers that would need a second look before saying no.

None of them are worth Burrow
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 04:35 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What if the Dolphins gave us all three of their first round picks?  #4, #20, and #24?  I'd be tempted.  I'd be very happy with Burrow, but I'm just saying there are scenarios of possible offers that would need a second look before saying no.

I actually agree. I’m kinda disappointed they are already turning down all offers.
Reply/Quote

I wouldn't make the trade.  If that was Miami's first offer, I might try to see how far I could push it, just to know.  I'd want a second or maybe another first next year.  If I'm giving up Burrow, I want all they have and more at this point.
Reply/Quote
I hope that this quiets some of the absurd trade scenario speculations that have been going around, but I doubt that it will.

The Bengals are in a position to have the new franchise QB step in, and be able to fix most of what was wrong with the roster, with just a few key free agency additions and a solid draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

How many franchise QBS get traded? That's basically what they would be doing.
Reply/Quote
It's kinda funny in the other thread everyone is in agreement that they can't just come right out and say they are drafting Burrow. This is them saying that they are drafting Burrow though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: rico.jpg?w=750]

Reply/Quote

Possible though I prefer Oakland trade.. both #1s, next year #2 and Carr that would be something I would have to look at 
Reply/Quote
Not being open to ideas has killed this team in the past hopefully it doesn't this time. All options should be on table.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 04:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: None of them are worth Burrow

We don't know that.  The draft is a crap shoot.  I'm looking at Mahomes right now.  He went #10 in 2017.  He would definitely go #1 in a do-over.  Myles Garrett went #1 in 2017.  He's hotheaded and has had problems with roughing penalties, and don't forget that Steelers/Browns fight.  Nobody would pick him over Mahomes now.  Mitchell Trubisky went #2 in 2017, 8 spots ahead of Mahomes.  Enough said there.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 05:01 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: How many franchise QBS get traded? That's basically what they would be doing.

Or hit free agency? Who’s the best QB in recent years to do so? Kirk Cousins? And Minnesota had to pay him a FORTUNE! Good QB’s are really, really hard to come by people.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 05:01 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: How many franchise QBS get traded? That's basically what they would be doing.

You may be right and I don't have a problem with drafting Burrow, but if a crazy deal is thrown at us, we think about it.  Burrow hasn't played an NFL game yet.  We can't be sure he's our franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 05:07 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We don't know that.  The draft is a crap shoot.  I'm looking at Mahomes right now.  He went #10 in 2017.  He would definitely go #1 in a do-over.  Myles Garrett went #1 in 2017.  He's hotheaded and has had problems with roughing penalties, and don't forget that Steelers/Browns fight.  Nobody would pick him over Mahomes now.  Mitchell Trubisky went #2 in 2017, 8 spots ahead of Mahomes.  Enough said there.

I agree you just never know though Burrow put up a record setting year but last year was good... that is why if Oakland called use and put Carr with both their #1 picks and maybe #2 next year I would consider it since Carr is 28 proven in the NFL.. I think just like Dalton he needs a change of environment that will help his game.. we could really use both #1 and first pick in #2 to hopefully find players to shore up the team.

Now I have settled on drafting Burrow but i would still be open to the trade above if Oakland called
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for a little more gamesmanship by the front office. Hopefully they'll at least hear people out for the pick. Another team could offer something stupid.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 05:23 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm hoping for a little more gamesmanship by the front office. Hopefully they'll at least hear people out for the pick. Another team could offer something stupid.

That's all I'm saying.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 05:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree you just never know though Burrow put up a record setting year but last year was good... that is why if Oakland called use and put Carr with both their #1 picks and maybe #2 next year I would consider it since Carr is 28 proven in the NFL.. I think just like Dalton he needs a change of environment that will help his game.. we could really use both #1 and first pick in #2 to hopefully find players to shore up the team.

Now I have settled on drafting Burrow but i would still be open to the trade above if Oakland called

I might take that offer too.  
Reply/Quote
Derek Carr isnt a potential franchise qb. Hes a good qb, but he isnt THAT much better. We already know Carrs ceiling and has had a leg injury. We can pick someone with the potential to be great and no qb offered in any of these trades has that potential.

That's what Burrow represents.
Reply/Quote