Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals have no plans on trading the #1 pick
(01-20-2020, 07:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just having a Good/Great QB isnt enough to guarantee success...    Fun to watch games sure  but not wins.

That’s the best summary of all my offseason fears.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 07:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but it takes more than just that guy to make those Runs... Outside this season its been a while for Rodgers and Brees has been 1 and done lately.

Just having a Good/Great QB isnt enough to gaurantee success...    Fun to watch games sure  but not wins.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you. Mikey HAS to add some pieces and dip into free agency. I'm all about Burrow but I think the reason Rodgers has only been to 1 Super Bowl in his career is because Green Bay never puts a great team around him. Just my opinion.

All I'm saying is we have the first pick in a year that most other teams would kill to be in our position because of Burrow. You gotta take and actually make efforts to help him win a Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 07:01 PM)BleedOnB Wrote: *This*

Couldn't agree more or have said it any better myself. This might be our chance to have our own Mahomes, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc. To me there is almost no draft capital on 1 single team that is worth the possibility of having "THAT GUY" at qb finally here in Cincy. I watched every single LSU play for the past 2 years and folks, he's the real deal and he has only gotten better. He is a good leader and the most accurate passer I have ever seen. He is worth taking a chance on.

Yes sir.

(01-20-2020, 07:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but it takes more than just that guy to make those Runs... Outside this season its been a while for Rodgers and Brees has been 1 and done lately.

Just having a Good/Great QB isnt enough to gaurantee success...    Fun to watch games sure  but not wins.

Still need that piece for success.

(01-20-2020, 07:14 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I totally get it and I don’t disagree.  Still I could understand if they traded the pick for an unbelievable deal.

Would have to be unbelievable which is why I don't believe it will happen lol
Reply/Quote

I'm sorry, but as a bengal fan you c ax nt really complain about any kind of play off run.
Reply/Quote
per Ben Baby....https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28526248/still-early-process-bengals-brass-refutes-espn-report-saying-intend-deal-top-pick

Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin disputed ESPN's report that Cincinnati would not trade the No. 1 pick in the draft, telling the team website on Monday that the report was "news to him."

"I don't know that any decision has been made for what we're going to do in April," Tobin told Bengals.com. "We're early in the process. We certainly haven't had any meetings to determine that at this point. Those will be meetings we'll have as we go through the process."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Blah blah blah.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
PFT is reporting that Dolphins owner Ross wants Burrow really bad. I’d be really tempted if they offered their top two first round picks and a 2nd this year, as well as their first round and a 2nd or 3rd next year.
Reply/Quote
Please do not trade Burrow.

Lates mock has Miami getting Tua (QB) at 5, Mecki Becton OL at 16 and Kenneth Murray LB at 26.
I would much rather have Joe Burrow and sign a Free agent LB and lineman.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 07:29 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: PFT is reporting that Dolphins owner Ross wants Burrow really bad. I’d be really tempted if they offered their top two first round picks and a 2nd this year, as well as their first round and a 2nd or 3rd next year.

Of course they really want him. And so do we!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 07:29 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: PFT is reporting that Dolphins owner Ross wants Burrow really bad. I’d be really tempted if they offered their top two first round picks and a 2nd this year, as well as their first round and a 2nd or 3rd next year.

It would take a completely ridonkulous offer to give up that pick! I’m not even sure what an acceptable offer would look like.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 09:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It would take a completely ridonkulous offer to give up that pick! I’m not even sure what an acceptable offer would look like.

This was the Rams moving from 15 up to 1 for Goff. Might take a better deal than this.

Tennessee gets: Rams' first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016), a third-round pick (2016), a first-round pick (2017) and another third-round pick (2017).

Rams get: Titans' first-overall pick (2016), a fourth-round pick (2016) and a sixth-round pick (2016).
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 11:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: This was the Rams moving from 15 up to 1 for Goff. Might take a better deal than this.

Tennessee gets: Rams' first-round pick (2016), two second-round picks (2016), a third-round pick (2016), a first-round pick (2017) and another third-round pick (2017).

Rams get: Titans' first-overall pick (2016), a fourth-round pick (2016) and a sixth-round pick (2016).

Might? Jared Goff was no Joe Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 01:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Might? Jared Goff was no Joe Burrow.

The “might” is because it costs a lot more to move from 15 to 1 like the Rams did, versus the Dolphins would only be moving from 5 to 1. The Bengals could still take Tua or Herbert at 5, but they aren’t getting either of those guys at 15, probably.
Reply/Quote