Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Bengals have the most inexperoenced coaching staff in the NFL.. Junior Varsity staff
(02-27-2019, 04:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It wouldn't floor me if we continue to stink next year, I'll admit.

We had a coach that only got us six wins last year. How much worse can he be? I bet if you give him sixteen years he will win a playoff game. It kills me how many so called fans are wanting to run him out of town after a month.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 09:08 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: We had a coach that only got us six wins last year. How much worse can he be? I bet if you give him sixteen years he will win a playoff game. It kills me how many so called fans are wanting to run him out of town after a month.

You're making a lot of assumptions based upon my one sentence post .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin liked to keep us on the edge of our seats for most of his career. Losses were usually in close games, not blowouts (until last year)

but hey, i'm excited to watch how to lose in a new/exciting way. It'll look different at least!
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 03:48 PM)Flirtdoc Wrote: Let's be honest folks. Take a look at every person on the Bengals staff from Head coach down.

Every person is inexperienced for their position.

Head coach
Offensive Coordinator
Defensive Coordinator

Actions speak louder than words. Zac should be measured by his decisions. His decisions for his coaching staff gets a big fat F.

He should have hired Jack Del Rio (he wanted the position too).

Zac must have zero real connections in the NFL to be pulling retread tire coaches from college football. Hey even high school football coaches from Cincinnati are in demand. I coached in Pop Warner  Can I apply to be an assistant LB  coach? 

Look at the other 31 teams coaching staff compared to the Bengals.

We have the least experienced and worst coaching staff in the NFL

Thank God the Bengals talent level is also not last.

This is starting to look like Mike Shula 2.0.

Mike was hired because of Don Shula even though he had no reason to be head coach.

Similarly Zac was hired because of Sean McVay.

I'm both situations the hiring was due to proximity to great coaches and not because of coaching merit.

The last few years we had a very experienced staff with plenty of name coaches.  Where did that get us?
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the Patriots don't start recruiting our coaches like they do with our players.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 07:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, well this one was rear-ended right after filling up at the station and it blew up in 1965.  So there.

That's what she said...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Maybe, just maybe we've hired a coach who knows how to make in game adjustments, has control of his players, and finally wins at least one playoff game since the nineties. Will it be a learning process? Yes. Will he make mistakes? Yes. Is it possible he is the next coming of Dave Shula? Yes. It is also possible that he will succeed. Cincy has the most cynical fans in the country. I for one am happy that the Marvin Lewis show is history. I am looking forward to a breath of fresh air. I believe he deserves the chance to make it his team before we banish him to the scrap heap of former coaches. TAYLOR FOREVER MARVIN NEVER
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Thankfully, we balance it all out by having a GM with 28 years of experience.

Hahaha. The most experience GM in the business in fact!  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 04:32 PM)Flirtdoc Wrote: The NFL is a war. Bengals don't have a former NFL head coach General such as  Wade Phillips like Sean McVey did to teach him the ropes.

Zac Taylor and his staff are a bunch of Army Privates landing on the beaches of Normandy with no senior leadership.

We could have hired a guy with high school head coaching experience and a lot of fans on this board would have been happy and said 'Let's wait and see how the season plays out.'

It's what they said about Austin, Lazor, etc., etc., etc.

The best thing the Bengals have going for them is probability. It's pretty improbably to not win a playoff game in 28+ years. We'll eventually win one...and then Bengals.com will have a Model Model v2 article about how other teams copy our model of success. People will speculate that Katie is the best de facto GM ever too. Then, we'll have a down year and people will assume that MB took over again. That's how this thing works.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 08:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We could have hired a guy with high school head coaching experience and a lot of fans on this board would have been happy and said 'Let's wait and see how the season plays out.'

It's what they said about Austin, Lazor, etc., etc., etc.

The best thing the Bengals have going for them is probability. It's pretty improbably to not win a playoff game in 28+ years. We'll eventually win one...and then Bengals.com will have a Model Model v2 article about how other teams copy our model of success. People will speculate that Katie is the best de facto GM ever too. Then, we'll have a down year and people will assume that MB took over again. That's how this thing works.

It seems like you have put this new staff in a 'no-win' box so that you'll be right regardless of what happens. If they fail, you can say ' I told you so' and if they succeed you'll dismiss it as 'eventuality'. 

Truth is...'probability' -in terms of winning a playoff game - has gotten its ass thoroughly kicked for almost 3 decades now.   Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 09:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It seems like you have put this new staff in a 'no-win' box so that you'll be right regardless of what happens. If they fail, you can say ' I told you so' and if they succeed you'll dismiss it as 'eventuality'. 

Truth is...'probability' -in terms of winning a playoff game - has gotten its ass thoroughly kicked for almost 3 decades now.   Sad

It's crazy that we haven't won a playoff game. Honestly, EVERY TEAM in the NFL has won one since we last did...and most franchises have won 5+ over that span.

So yeah, it is indeed an eventuality based on those statistics. The fact that we haven't won a SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME defies logic.

In our 50 year franchise history we've won 5 total playoff games over something like 3 seasons. It's pathetic statistics.

Yet, when we do win one...it will be like winning a SB.

It's just a show of how downtrodden this franchise is.
Reply/Quote
This thread is a car crash, but thank God we've got these hardcore fans out there scouting and watching tape on our position and strength coaches so we all know how well qualified they are.

"Dude, bro, did you even see that strength coach stretching that RB's hamstring out last Sunday? His technique was completely off, total hack job."

...aren't we to the point where we can transition from complaining about the coaching staff to complaining about the draft yet? At least that'd be new.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:54 AM)NKURyan Wrote: This thread is a car crash, but thank God we've got these hardcore fans out there scouting and watching tape on our position and strength coaches so we all know how well qualified they are.

"Dude, bro, did you even see that strength coach stretching that RB's hamstring out last Sunday? His technique was completely off, total hack job."

...aren't we to the point where we can transition from complaining about the coaching staff to complaining about the draft yet? At least that'd be new.

Honestly, these guys are so far from household names and moving up from 1 level to the next of coaching and sometimes 2 levels up...so it's really hard to say how they will perform.

It's like a guy getting called up from Double AA to the Majors in some cases.

Taylor was an assistant WR coach 1 year with the Rams then a QB Coach for 1 year...and he'll be our HC next year.

Jay Gruden was an Arena League HC then a pretty fine OC with us...so there is some precedence for the jump working.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's crazy that we haven't won a playoff game. Honestly, EVERY TEAM in the NFL has won one since we last did...and most franchises have won 5+ over that span.

So yeah, it is indeed an eventuality based on those statistics. The fact that we haven't won a SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME defies logic.

In our 50 year franchise history we've won 5 total playoff games over something like 3 seasons. It's pathetic statistics.

Breaking news: the Bengals lack postseason success. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Everything's an eventuality so I have no idea what kind of an argument that even is lol. Expecting things to happen just because "they're due" is a pretty ridiculous approach to have in anything IMO.

There are Cubs fans who lived entire adult lives and died without seeing them win a postseason series.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, these guys are so far from household names and moving up from 1 level to the next of coaching and sometimes 2 levels up...so it's really hard to say how they will perform.

It's like a guy getting called up from Double AA to the Majors in some cases.

Taylor was an assistant WR coach 1 year with the Rams then a QB Coach for 1 year...and he'll be our HC next year.

Jay Gruden was an Arena League HC then a pretty fine OC with us...so there is some precedence for the jump working.

How many position coaches are ever "household names"? I mean really? The amount of hyperbole around her people use just to trash the Bengals is nuts sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's crazy that we haven't won a playoff game. Honestly, EVERY TEAM in the NFL has won one since we last did...and most franchises have won 5+ over that span.

You need some new material.

Reply/Quote
I hear ya....the last time we had a staff this inexperienced was 1984, we all saw how that turned out. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 04:18 PM)Flirtdoc Wrote: Will bet anyone here a bottle of Sam Adam's.

Bengals will draft on the top three next year.

I'd take that bet, but Sam Adams gives me the shits. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 04:19 PM)pally Wrote: He's older than his own head coach too

Plenty of people work and are taught by people younger than they are even football players.  

Sean McVey is 33 and took his team to a Super Bowl
Marvin Lewis is 60 and never won a playoff game.

True, you never know how this will play out.  Same as the outside world.  It depends on attitude and personality.  I was 27 years old when I got my first management position.  There were guys working under me that were in their late 50s and early 60s.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 04:22 PM)Flirtdoc Wrote: Sean McVay had more years as a NFL coordinator than this guy. 

Zac Taylor is the least experienced NFL coach in NFL history  Take a look at his resume compared to Sean McVay or anyone else. 

Being a Cincinnati Bearcat offensive coordinator for 1 horrible year should not mean NFL ready

Sam Wyche begs to differ.....

Reply/Quote