Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Bengals have the most inexperoenced coaching staff in the NFL.. Junior Varsity staff
I won't bet...but I doubt we pick Top 3. I'd see the floor being maybe 5-11 with the ceiling being 10-6 with this team.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 09:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'd take that bet, but Sam Adams gives me the shits. Mellow

A whole bottle of Sam Adams? He put out such brazen bet..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 11:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I won't bet...but I doubt we pick Top 3. I'd see the floor being maybe 5-11 with the ceiling being 10-6 with this team.

My personal feeling is that they probably have to take one step back in order to take two steps forward. That said, I do think there is at the very least a pathway for them to contend next year, if things fall the right way.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 01:03 PM)NKURyan Wrote: My personal feeling is that they probably have to take one step back in order to take two steps forward. 

I don't understand why so many people make this claim.

If coaching was the problem then we should get better immediately.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 01:03 PM)NKURyan Wrote: My personal feeling is that they probably have to take one step back in order to take two steps forward. That said, I do think there is at the very least a pathway for them to contend next year, if things fall the right way.

Really for all but about 5 teams isn't there a path to contend? 

So you basically feel like it will take the coaches a year or two to develop into good coaches?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand why so many people make this claim.

I think the offense will definitely show improvement and not have periods of stagnation during games like we have been in the past.  I think the team will play more disciplined football.  No more favorites continuing to play after knuckleheaded moves on the field.  The defense could be iffy.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand why so many people make this claim.

I don't either. I think coaching was certainly part of the problem and I also believe the team is moving in the right direction.

But, by the end of the season I could feel completely different about it. Have to wait and see.

The new coaching staff hasn't done anything bad or obviously wrong that I can see. So they are inexperienced. That doesn't mean they are bad or will blunder it all to hell and back. I've seen guys who were in the league much longer fail miserably as a HC.

I wish them well. They'll make mistakes and that's perfectly ok as long as they learn from them move on.

Reply/Quote
Some fans feel like the FO should let them ok their choices. The FO interviewed Taylor and they obviously were highly impressed. Because of the Rams being in the Super Bowl the majority of the new head coaches had a month head start as far as hiring coordinators but now they are set and will have to prove themselves. It seems to me we hired a very experienced coordinator from the Steelers who could coach his way out of a paper bag. There is a saying that people rise up through the company until they reach their level of incompetence. Hopefully Zac has not reached that level.
Reply/Quote
It is official. This no name junior Varsity coaching staff is the worst NFL coaching staff in the history of the NFL based on years of NFL experience.

It is also interesting no one from the Rams followed this guy. This tells me Zac was not well liked.

Let's add it up folks

Cheapest owner in the NFL + Smallest Scouting department in the NFL + the most inexperienced NFL coaching staff in the history of the NFL = 4 wins tops. Q

Trevor Lawrence in 2021 or bust

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/02/28/zac-taylor-bengals-finalize-coaching-staff-cincinnati/3018533002/
Reply/Quote
Let's rank the NFL head coach, Defensive Coordinator, and offensive coordinators

Head coach is 32nd out of 32 head coaches in NFL coaching experience.
Offensive Coordinator is 32nd out of 32 teams in terms of NFL experience as offensive coordinator.
Defensive Coordinator is 32nd out of 32 teams in terms of defensive coordinator experience.

Bengals have a hat trick folks. The three leaders of the Bengals are the least experienced in NFL history.

That doesn't include the rest of the coaching staff. They are made up mostly of college coaches and even a high school football coach.

Bengals in 2019 will win 4 games tops.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 10:27 PM)Flirtdoc Wrote: Let's rank the NFL head coach, Defensive Coordinator, and offensive coordinators

Head coach is 32nd out of 32 head coaches in NFL coaching experience.
Offensive Coordinator is 32nd out of 32 teams in terms of NFL experience as offensive coordinator.
Defensive Coordinator is 32nd out of 32 teams in terms of defensive coordinator experience.

Bengals have a hat trick folks. The three leaders of the Bengals are the least experienced in NFL history.

That doesn't include the rest of the coaching staff. They are made up mostly of college coaches and even a high school football coach.

Bengals in 2019 will win 4 games tops.
I guess you weren't miserable enough going thru a season like last year. You want to be miserable all year long. Please don't ask the rest of us to wallow in your pessimism. You have stated your reasons for why you think they will fail. While they are valid , I don't think being so negative accomplishes anything. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 04:32 PM)Flirtdoc Wrote: The NFL is a war. Bengals don't have a former NFL head coach General such as  Wade Phillips like Sean McVey did to teach him the ropes.

Zac Taylor and his staff are a bunch of Army Privates landing on the beaches of Normandy with no senior leadership.

Maybe Zac Taylor is Audie Murphy or Gomer Pile, who knows until he lands on that beach.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 10:20 PM)Flirtdoc Wrote: It is official. This no name junior Varsity coaching staff is the worst NFL coaching staff in the history of the NFL based on years of NFL experience.

It is also interesting no one from the Rams followed this guy. This tells me Zac was not well liked.

Let's add it up folks

Cheapest owner in the NFL + Smallest Scouting department in the NFL + the most inexperienced NFL coaching staff in the history of the NFL = 4 wins tops. Q

Trevor Lawrence in 2021 or bust

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/02/28/zac-taylor-bengals-finalize-coaching-staff-cincinnati/3018533002/

Aubrey Pleasant interviewed, and would have certainly taken the DC job had Taylor offered it to him. You’re totally making things up if you claim Taylor isn’t well liked.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 12:28 PM)sandwedge Wrote: A whole bottle of Sam Adams? He put out such brazen bet..... Hilarious

Things are tight up in Pissburgh.
Reply/Quote

Well last year heading into the season I'd say we had a lot more certainty at linebacker and tight end for sure... this year both of those are huge unknowns. Last year we went into the season feeling pretty optimistic about the WR position, I think outside of Green and Boyd that has mostly been tempered after last season. Last year we all felt like defensively they'd be fine - hell, there was talk that they'd chase the franchise record for most sacks in a season - but they ended up being awful. These aren't just coaching problems. Even if Taylor is the coach I hope he is, there will likely be players they part with that we wouldn't necessarily expect them to part with, so who knows what the roster will actually look like at this point. Key players are getting older, they're all going to be learning a brand new scheme from coaches who will have to learn a few things on the fly, and they have probably the worst home field advantage in the entire league at this point.

Can they win next year? Sure. The division is (IMO) wide open, there is still plenty of talent on this roster, and the schedule looks easy at the moment. That said, I'm going to keep my expectations in check until they address at least some (if not all) of those concerns.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2019, 03:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Really for all but about 5 teams isn't there a path to contend? 

So you basically feel like it will take the coaches a year or two to develop into good coaches?

Well that, and a lot of our players need another year or two to develop as well. Are you going into next year counting on John Ross, any TE we have, any of our LBs, whoever we run out there at RT, or any of our young CBs? Because until they actually show me something, I'm not.

Some of these probably will "click" and work out just fine, but I need to see it first.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 01:13 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Well that, and a lot of our players need another year or two to develop as well. Are you going into next year counting on John Ross, any TE we have, any of our LBs, whoever we run out there at RT, or any of our young CBs? Because until they actually show me something, I'm not.

Some of these probably will "click" and work out just fine, but I need to see it first.

Counting on some of those guys is a recipe for disaster. That said, there were usually a couple players each year who exceeds expectations. I'd love for Ross to be one, but we need to have a WR3 lined up in case Ross busts.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 01:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Counting on some of those guys is a recipe for disaster. That said, there were usually a couple players each year who exceeds expectations. I'd love for Ross to be one, but we need to have a WR3 lined up in case Ross busts.

We're set for a #1 and #2.  Not every team can even say that.  Erickson is pretty good in the slot.  Two RB's who are receiving threats.  I don't think Malone is a lost cause just yet. 

We will sign at least one if not two of the TE's,  The Rams' offense, which is the alleged model of the Taylor offense, doesn't even feature the TE all that much.

And this is not even including Ross, the guy the HC and the OC both say will be a big part of their plans.  Just how many receivers does a team need?  The receiving cupboard is hardly bare.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Let's give credit where credit is due. All these inexperienced guys were probably athletic at some point which to me is about the same as saying they all had the ability to wear a jock strap and white socks somewhere along the way.. That's champion stuff there is it not folks? 
I'll be 60 in July and still wear white socks.. See how athletic I am? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 02:27 PM)McC Wrote: We're set for a #1 and #2.  Not every team can even say that.  Erickson is pretty good in the slot.  Two RB's who are receiving threats.  I don't think Malone is a lost cause just yet. 

We will sign at least one if not two of the TE's,  The Rams' offense, which is the alleged model of the Taylor offense, doesn't even feature the TE all that much.

And this is not even including Ross, the guy the HC and the OC both say will be a big part of their plans.  Just how many receivers does a team need?  The receiving cupboard is hardly bare.

Erickson grades out terrible as a WR and really good as a returner.

Bernard and Mixon are indeed good receiving backs.

Plus, we need a TE who can catch.
Reply/Quote