Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals haven't beat a team with a winning record
Shifty RB's who can bounce it outside kill us, mostly because we suck at tackling. Le'Veon Bell scares the hell out of me. LeSean McCoy looked 110% for the first time in 2 years yesterday, and I'm not sure it had much to do with his health...
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 01:36 AM)CinciREborn Wrote: Way I see it, just keep handing us crap teams them. We will gladly rack up wins on bums. If we beat bum teams or if we beat great teams.. it all ends the same. It ends in the first round of the playoffs Sad

Who rattled your chain sunshine?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just saw a random graphic on FB that showed the Bengals with (by far) the easiest remaining strength of schedule for the undefeated teams.

The Bengals actually have one of the easiest schedules in the league for the rest of the season, but that's using current records where some teams obviously aren't as bad as their record indicates. Either way though, this is great for us because with the Broncos having the #1 most difficult SOS to end the year, I think it gives us a great chance of getting a first round bye. If the Broncos and Steelers drop a couple more games, we should be very well positioned in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I just think it's fun that as fans most of us don't have experience on what level of positivity or caution is appropriate when it comes to our confidence, validation, or excitement levels.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:47 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I just think it's fun that as fans most of us don't have experience on what level of positivity or caution is appropriate when it comes to our confidence, validation, or excitement levels.  Rock On

Is there any reason that we should all be in step with each other?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:54 AM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Is there any reason that we should all be in step with each other?

Is there any reason that you took my post to mean that there is?
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Steelers are our last big test, if we lose to them not matter being 6-1 it will feel like we aren't quite there yet (which is a shame given we'll just be 6-1).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I feel like the Steelers are our last big test, if we lose to them not matter being 6-1 it will feel like we aren't quite there yet (which is a shame given we'll just be 6-1).

I have given this some thought lately....

- Will be the team's toughest test to date for sure.
- If the Bengals lose at Pitt I would not think that would hurt their psyche. I am of the opinion that if it did have a negative effect then they aren't destined for great things anyway, really.
- All but two teams ever have lost at some point. It is bound to happen.

- I am more bummed that with a loss to the Steelers, despite plying phenomenal ball, the lead in the division will only be 1 game.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I have given this some thought lately....

- Will be the team's toughest test to date for sure.
- If the Bengals lose at Pitt I would not think that would hurt their psyche. I am of the opinion that if it did have a negative effect then they aren't destined for great things anyway, really.
- All but two teams ever have lost at some point. It is bound to happen.

- I am more bummed that with a loss to the Steelers, despite plying phenomenal ball, the lead in the division will only be 1 game.

Who is the second team that went unbeaten??
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:29 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Who is the second team that went unbeaten??

He's probably referring to regular season in which case it's New England.
Reply/Quote
Marshall Faulk jinxed the Bengals on NFL Gameday Final I think it was when he said "Looking at the Bengals schedule the rest of the way, they could go undefeated"

While I don't disagree with Faulk, I just don't see it happening because it is so hard to win in the NFL.

If the Bengals get past the Steelers, the only game that worries me after that is against the Cardinals. All others are winnable and the Bengals could go 16-0!

That's crazy talk...right?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 03:02 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Marshall Faulk jinxed the Bengals on NFL Gameday Final I think it was when he said "Looking at the Bengals schedule the rest of the way, they could go undefeated"

While I don't disagree with Faulk, I just don't see it happening because it is so hard to win in the NFL.

If the Bengals get past the Steelers, the only game that worries me after that is against the Cardinals. All others are winnable and the Bengals could go 16-0!

That's crazy talk...right?
Yes it's very crazy talk. We still got 2 against pitt, 2 against Cleveland who always seems to beat us once, rams defense is really good, broncos have the top defense, and the Arizona cardinals. One week at a time. Beating pittsburgh is huge for them
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This is silly. The Bills were over 500 before the game. We beat a team with a winning record.

Seattle, San Diego and Oakland were 500 when we beat them.
Reply/Quote
That's why they have losing records, the Bengals beat them. Lets just hope the Bengals put Shitsburgh back in the losing team column after the bye!
Reply/Quote
To be fair, the Bengals played the,

0-0 Raiders, non losing record
1-0 Chargers, winning record
0-2 Ravens, losing record
1-2 Chiefs, losing record
2-2 Seahawks, non losing record
3-2 Bills, winning record

So, 4 out of 6 games won were at the time against teams with a .500 better record or better. It's is because of the Bengals that these teams do not have winning records, lol.

As for the OP, it's just a "Make Fun Of" post not to be taken to seriously.

And if you look at the schedule and records, the Bengals still haven't beaten anyone with a winning record.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Let's see how the season ends up before judging strength of schedule. Most teams have 10 games left, so there's a ton of season left.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 01:36 AM)CinciREborn Wrote: Way I see it, just keep handing us crap teams them. We will gladly rack up wins on bums. If we beat bum teams or if we beat great teams.. it all ends the same. It ends in the first round of the playoffs Sad

(10-19-2015, 11:38 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Who rattled your chain sunshine?

Careful now.  That guy might be wearing a Denny skin-suit while posting.

You don't wanna be "tracked" by that guy.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M04b44810b2950b75463d013662528...=280&h=158]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A lot of the teams the Bengals played against were either .500 going into the game or one game over .500.

So on the flip side, if the Bengals had lost any of these games, they would have lost to teams with winning records (at the time), which is something the Bengals have gotten shit for over the years.

So damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote