Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Bengals haven't done enough to address O-line problems.
(03-16-2022, 03:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Agreed with the title of the thread, but not really the content of the OP.

I will say, good AFC teams are importing NFC pass rushers to make it more and more dangerous.
Randy Gregory to the Broncos to go with
Khalil Mack to the Chargers
Chandler Jones to the Raiders

Bengals really need to make sure their OL is fully solid-or-better across the board because other teams are gearing up to try to take out Burrow and the other great young QBs in the AFC.

Add....
Von Miller going to the Bills
Za'Darius Smith going to the Ravens
...on the list of NFC pass rushers going to good AFC teams.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
There really isn't any excuse to not have 4 new starters on this line. We have time and there is plenty of help available. I guess some things never change. We need to pounce and not sit on our hands. The league doesn't play on Bengals time.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Sad 
(03-16-2022, 08:30 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: There really isn't any excuse to not have 4 new starters on this line. We have time and there is plenty of help available. I guess some things never change. We need to pounce and not sit on our hands. The league doesn't play on Bengals time.

Four new starters? I prefer five…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not impressed with what has been done so far. Underwhelmed is a great adjective describing performance of the front office. Not good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:19 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Not impressed with what has been done so far.  Underwhelmed is a great adjective describing performance of the front office.  Not good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not going to freak out...but the Bills, Steelers (minus qb), Ravens, Broncos, and Chargers all appear to considerably improved their rosters. And if the Browns add Watson they might too.

Still time left though. It's early.
Reply/Quote
Sure hope there's a big move coming soon. While I like the moves so far, its not much compared to what some others have done. I'm sure its not realistic but I'd like to see:

C: Tretter (drop Hopkins)
T: La'el Collins (or from the group of: Trent Brown /Daryl Williams / Duane Brown) - and not sure why the Bengals gave Fred Johnson 2.4M - wasn't he a healthy inactive for most games last year.
CB: Gilmore (drop Waynes)

its a lot of salary but dropping Waynes and Hopkins reduces the hit by 16M.
Reply/Quote
Even if the Bengals are able to sign Tretter to a 3 year deal, there are a lot of holes on this team. DT, DE, TE, CB1, CB4, RT, S3, S4, punter. Do they even have a backup QB?

If the Bengals are interested in Collins, they are certainly coy about it. Keep in mind that if Bengals do not go full throttle on Collins, and since Frank Pollack has worked with him in trenches, then it was not a good fit for whatever reason.

It feels like the Watson decision is causing a holding pattern. It also feels like the Bengals are sitting on a big move, just waiting.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'm just utterly baffled by the TE position. I understand RT and CB not being addressed yet. TE is a wasteland and Sample shouldn't even be guaranteed a roster spot at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:43 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm just utterly baffled by the TE position. I understand RT and CB not being addressed yet. TE is a wasteland and Sample shouldn't even be guaranteed a roster spot at this point.

I think the Bengals are interested in Tonyan and/or Everett.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
It's literally day 1 of FA.

They went out and got who they wanted Cappa/Karras, now they can afford to sit back and let the chips fall where they may.

I'll go out on a limb and assert the Day 1 starting RT is not on this team yet.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:43 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm just utterly baffled by the TE position. I understand RT and CB not being addressed yet. TE is a wasteland and Sample shouldn't even be guaranteed a roster spot at this point.

Lots of depth at the TE in the draft this year. Why spend $6-7 MIL on a TE when we can get one as talented as any left in the draft.

I'm not sure there is/was a TE in FA that I'd take over the likes of those that will be available at 62. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 06:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I self-imposed a boycott on 'new' merch as a result of the troubles.  I've all but exhausted the secondary market at this point.  Going to buy my wife a nice sewing machine and set it up in the bedroom for her.  When she takes her blindfold off on the the other side of the door and asks me what the hell it is, I'm going to throw a handful of leaping tiger patches at her, push several cases of wine in, whip her terrible ***** cat whofuckincares and slam the door.  Will be interesting to see what comes out the other side of this clusterfuck.  
When the impending concussion wears off, send us a pic of your punishment outfit that consists of only a dog collar, apron, and feather duster to hide your shame.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 11:40 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I know it is still very early and lots of things can happen but if the Bengals dont make any more moves to improve the O-line other than sign Cappa and Karras the O-line will have issues again next season.  While Karras is good as a guard he is not as good at center.  His previous two years at center he played at about the same level as Hopkins so having Karras at center doesnt upgrade what we already have with Hopkins.   Cappa is a big upgrade from Adeniji no doubt but if Cappa is the only upgrade on the O-line and every other position plays at the same level, Burrow is going to take a beating again.  The Bengals need to do more to fix the O-line.

Drafting Oline would also be considered moves  so are you saying dafting a oline help would not be enough with the two additions?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of depth at the TE in the draft this year. Why spend $6-7 MIL on a TE when we can get one as talented as any left in the draft.

I'm not sure there is/was a TE in FA that I'd take over the likes of those that will be available at 62. 

OJ Howard? Just 27 YO, top 20 pick a few years ago, elite speed at the position.

His production fell off a cliff once gronk arrived, but I’m not sure you can hold that against him, considering the Brady/Gronk connect has a decade of chemistry and we are talking about a potential all time great (Brady/gronk) at their positions.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of depth at the TE in the draft this year. Why spend $6-7 MIL on a TE when we can get one as talented as any left in the draft.

No one wanted to waste 62 on a TE given the need at RT, C or OG, DT (3t/NT), S, and CB.... whatever position we passed on at 31. I disagree about this being a good TE draft class. I would think a 2nd round TE would be a huge fail.

This FA is reminding me of the Marvin Lewis free agency periods.

Only thing I can think of is they are waiting for someone to make a decision and that player is holding everything up.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

MR. Glass who is currently a FA played 15 games for the Jags last year is an improvement over anyone we currently have on roster
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:54 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: OJ Howard? Just 27 YO, top 20 pick a few years ago, elite speed at the position.

His production fell off a cliff once gronk arrived, but I’m not sure you can hold that against him, considering the Brady/Gronk connect has a decade of chemistry and we are talking about a potential all time great (Brady/gronk) at their positions.

Never mind Gronk. Cameron Brate has made him TE#3 on the Bucs the last couple years. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 08:30 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: There really isn't any excuse to not have 4 new starters on this line. We have time and there is plenty of help available. I guess some things never change. We need to pounce and not sit on our hands. The league doesn't play on Bengals time.

Moses signed a reasonable deal. I agree. There are affordable upgrades out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Even if the Bengals are able to sign Tretter to a 3 year deal, there are a lot of holes on this team.  DT, DE, TE, CB1, CB4, RT, S3, S4, punter.  Do they even have a backup QB?  

If the Bengals are interested in Collins, they are certainly coy about it.  Keep in mind that if Bengals do not go full throttle on Collins, and since Frank Pollack has worked with him in trenches, then it was not a good fit for whatever reason.  

It feels like the Watson decision is causing a holding pattern.  It also feels like the Bengals are sitting on a big move, just waiting.

This is how the Bengals operate. They let others teams spend themselves out then they swoop in and sign what's left.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:57 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: MR. Glass who is currently a FA played 15 games for the Jags last year is an improvement over anyone we currently have on roster

Tyler Eifert was not in the NFL last year

Reply/Quote