Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Bengals haven't done enough to address O-line problems.
(03-16-2022, 10:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Moses signed a reasonable deal. I agree. There are affordable upgrades out there.

I’m not sure Moses is the answer for 3 years. It would be nice to have bookend tackles like willie and Levi.

Bringing back reiff this year (hopefully no injury bug) would be similar production.

Collins would be the answer and would solidify our line for 3 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of depth at the TE in the draft this year. Why spend $6-7 MIL on a TE when we can get one as talented as any left in the draft.

I'm not sure there is/was a TE in FA that I'd take over the likes of those that will be available at 62. 

Lots of te depth in the draft? I see mocks where only a couple tes go in the 1st few rounds. Can't rely on those guys starting.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is how the Bengals operate. They let others teams spend themselves out then they swoop in and sign what's left.

It didn't feel like that the last two years.  

I don't know if they are sitting for Armstead or what.  They could be waiting on Collins to be designated for release and if so, Collins price will go up from 10 mil per.  There is no reason to sit on Tretter unless they do not want him.  It feels like they are waiting on a big name but I do not know who.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The Bengals are probably going to resign Reiff draft from a loaded draft of O-Tackles. I’d expect that if they can nab Collins in a deal they like or maybe get Tretter. It’s a waiting game. The draft is also loaded with tight ends.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lots of te depth in the draft? I see mocks where only a couple tes go in the 1st few rounds. Can't rely on those guys starting.

This past year the Top 5 TEs in receptions:

None were taken in the first round

3 of 5 were taken after RD 2

There plenty TE talent in this draft. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 06:23 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I self-imposed a boycott on 'new' merch as a result of the troubles.  I've all but exhausted the secondary market at this point.  Going to buy my wife a nice sewing machine and set it up in the bedroom for her.  When she takes her blindfold off on the the other side of the door and asks me what the hell it is, I'm going to throw a handful of leaping tiger patches at her, push several cases of wine in, whip her terrible ***** cat whofuckincares and slam the door.  Will be interesting to see what comes out the other side of this clusterfuck.  

Well at least she'll have something to do in the bedroom when bfine's not visiting. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It didn't feel like that the last two years.  

I don't know if they are sitting for Armstead or what.  They could be waiting on Collins to be designated for release and if so, Collins price will go up from 10 mil per.  There is no reason to sit on Tretter unless they do not want him.  It feels like they are waiting on a big name but I do not know who.  

Tretter just got released. Some people on here must buy the first house or car they look at.
Reply/Quote
I believe they're waiting for Watson. If he doesn't go to the Saints, Armstead's coming here unless he's part of the trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:37 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I believe they're waiting for Watson. If he doesn't go to the Saints, Armstead's coming here unless he's part of the trade.

Guarantee Armstead will not be part of the trade

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This past year the Top 5 TEs in receptions:

None were taken in the first round

3 of 5 were taken after RD 2

There plenty TE talent in this draft. 

How many of those TEs were rookies?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:37 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I believe they're waiting for Watson. If he doesn't go to the Saints, Armstead's coming here unless he's part of the trade.

The Saints don't have cap space to retain him.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's literally day 1 of FA.

They went out and got who they wanted Cappa/Karras, now they can afford to sit back and let the chips fall where they may.

I'll go out on a limb and assert the Day 1 starting RT is not on this team yet.

Feel the same. I will judge once we have our starting lineups even a touch set.

Right now we are feeling the market as we should. Don't panic like some on this board would do and **** everything up. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How many of those TEs were rookies?

None, but I'm unsure how that's relevant to your assertion that this TE class is not deep because "you don't see many listed in the top 2 rounds of mocks". 

Last year we seen a 1sr RD generational TE, but the class was not deep. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Saints don't have cap space to retain him.

They could actually with a little work. They can pick up 12-15 million in restructures still (7 million from Taysom Hill alone). If they are willing to cut Malcolm Jenkins and a couple others with post June designations they can get another 12-15. From there you start looking at structure, potentially a minimum salary with massive signing bonus stretched over 6 years giving a minimal hit this year.

People say every year the Saints won’t be able to get under the cap but they always do, and then they thrive and get more players.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Saints don't have cap space to retain him.

They're experts at pushing out the cap.  

I was wrong about Armstead being part of the trade though, he's a free agent.

Still think we sign him if Watson doesn't go to the Saints. 
Reply/Quote
I hate this thread.....its been 3 days
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well at least she'll have something to do in the bedroom when bfine's not visiting. 

Her card is full. I’ll pay you to come deal with the ***** problem though.
Reply/Quote
Random Note....Saints just created 29 Million more in cap space.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 04:28 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: If we had Cappa  and Karras on the line for Feb 13, 2022,  Cincinnati is Super Bowl champs.  Now the job is build competition at every oline spot. They’ve opened the draft up for that and still have cash to go get improvements.

Do we really win a SB though with Prince ,no Apple and no CJ? it's debatable we just changed weaknesses. CJ won us a couple of games with his play
Reply/Quote
Norwell to Washington. Quickly, it's looking like Spain is our LG.
Reply/Quote