Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in talks to trade up for #2 pick
I'm going to be honest here, I would love it just for the excitement, but hate it equally for the loss of higher picks in a draft that's very strong mid/late. I think Mixon is the better prospect, anyway.

If they traded back into the (late) first/early 2nd to grab Mixon I would be extremely happy with that.

If they trade up for Fournette I would still have a Fournette 50th anniversary jersey. I wouldn't be THAT mad.

No way the Bengals do this, though.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:31 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I keep seeing over and over that the Browns are going to have to get in front of Buffalo to get Trubisky with their second pick, so I think there is something to that.

Unless McCarron is part of the package, moving up 10 slots in the first round is going to cost a lot.  I would really hope they don't lose the 2nd and 3rd this year, because it is a very deep draft for defensive linemen and this teams needs pass rushing help badly.

I could see that happening to jump Buffalo if Trubisky gets past the Jets. I'd take #12 and #33 in a heart beat. I mean really, we should get more than that for helping out our division rival secure their franchise QB.
Reply/Quote
To be honest, I think the run blocking isn't necessarily a huge issue. Pass protection? Yes. However, I'd love to see how a legit elite RB would do in Cincy. I'm concerned about the pass protection for Dalton regardless of this draft.
Reply/Quote
Be happy to get Fournette but there is no way the Bengals move up to #2 to get him....and nor should they as we need the rd2,3 picks for pass rush , OL, receiver
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 01:03 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: oh my lawd jeebus please no

article basically says bengals are interested in trading up to #2 for Fournette. LOL the dude was horrible against big SEC players...couldnt imagine him against NFL players. Check his stats against big schools.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=551967

No need to worry Alleyviper...

When we sell our future to get to #2 its to go get Marshon Lattimore.

We then will get a whole summer of "you never can have too many rd1 CB's" from Hobson  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown isn't real big on trades, see Akili Smith, I'll believe it when I see it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
... This had better be a joke
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:54 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike Brown isn't real big on trades, see Akili Smith, I believe it when I see it.

Seriously?  On the eve of the draft, you bring up that name??  You need to immediately seek out a Shaman, perform some sort of sacrifice, take part in a ritual... anything to rid the universe of that negativity Nervous lmao
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:43 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: To be honest, I think the run blocking isn't necessarily a huge issue.  Pass protection?  Yes.  However, I'd love to see how a legit elite RB would do in Cincy.  I'm concerned about the pass protection for Dalton regardless of this draft.

Our run blocking has been subpar for the past 10 years. Our pass protection has generally been the strength of the offensive line.

Now...with that said...there has been so many changes on the offensive line that it's impossible to say what will be good and what will be bad.
Reply/Quote
I saw plenty of times where holes were open and we had an inept RB who couldn't make anything from it. Could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 041899smithjersey_600x449.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:54 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mike Brown isn't real big on trades, see Akili Smith, I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah I agree when it comes to the draft and in general. If they do make a trade for the draft, it would be to move down a few spots to pick up a later draft pick, but they dont do the wheeling and dealing like Patriots & few others do sometimes.

And for those that dont know but the Bengals in 1999 were offered all the Saints draft picks so they could move up to take Ricky Williams, yet refused. Talk about one of the greatest draft trade blunders of all time lol. Turned down another teams entire draft picks, who picked at 12 too, then turn around and draft an all time bust at qb.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:13 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah I agree when it comes to the draft and in general. If they do make a trade for the draft, it would be to move down a few spots to pick up a later draft pick, but they dont do the wheeling and dealing like Patriots & few others do sometimes.

And for those that dont know but the Bengals in 1999 were offered all the Saints draft picks so they could move up to take Ricky Williams, yet refused. Talk about one of the greatest draft trade blunders of all time lol. Turned down another teams entire draft picks, who picked at 12 too, then turn around and draft an all time bust at qb.

While it was a blunder in hindsight...the Falcons tried trading for our draft pick that ended up being AJ Green. The Browns took the trade. They got Phil Taylor...and someone else. The Falcons got Julio Jones. Who won THAT trade?
Reply/Quote

article basically says bengals are interested in trading up to #2 for Fournette. LOL the dude was horrible against big SEC players...couldnt imagine him against NFL players. Check his stats against big schools.

Yep....I have the same sinking feeling about him.....Jeremy Hill 2.0, IMO.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I definately like Fournette a lot more than you do AV but still, i wouldn't necessarily like this either.

Probably would have to give up a lot to do this. I would rather just stay at 9 and if a playmaker falls grab him or trade down.

Would rather add more picks in the 2nd or 3rd than give up some in the crapshoot draft.

Need as many early picks as we can get, maybe we can get that diamond in the rough.

Heck, i like Cook better for us than Fournette anyway and he will most likely be there at 9.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 01:06 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Members of this board are always clamoring for us to make moves.

Will be funny to see everyone flip their stance on that if we trade up to #2 haha.

Maybe we know Cleveland isn't going to take Garrett with #1 and we want to move to #2 to take him, wouldn't that be just something.

I'm all for trading up.....but not for LF.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:13 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: [Image: 041899smithjersey_600x449.jpg]

Speaking of Akili,  I ran into his uncle at the gym   .the guy is a total nutbucket.  5150 nutty. After seeing me wear my bengals gear he came up to me and told me he's Akili uncle and Akili made a lot of money. Etc..i told him to bad he was a disappointment.  He then went off.. anyways , still can't believe we rejected the Saints offer .
Reply/Quote
Im not buying any of this. Makes no sense. I don't think we would be willing to give up that much to move up for a RB or a TE as deep as those positions are. Garrett would have to be the pick but with the Browns wanting to move back up in the top 8 one would assume it's for a QB. If that's the case then Garrett will already be gone. Unless Hue leaked some info to Marvin, none of this makes sense. I think the best thing to do is trade back if a team is willing. Take Kamara or dare I say Mixon in the 2nd. Or stay put and take Cook or McCaffery at 9. Maybe Fournette falls who knows but I and everyone does know there will be a good RB at 9 regardless.
Reply/Quote
Lol how pissed will everyone be if we are trading up for a OT or CB. I would probably turn the draft off for the weekend at that point.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Im not buying any of this. Makes no sense. I don't think we would be willing to give up that much to move up for a RB or a TE as deep as those positions are. Garrett would have to be the pick but with the Browns wanting to move back up in the top 8 one would assume it's for a QB. If that's the case then Garrett will already be gone. Unless Hue leaked some info to Marvin, none of this makes sense. I think the best thing to do is trade back if a team is willing. Take Kamara or dare I say Mixon in the 2nd. Or stay put and take Cook or McCaffery at 9. Maybe Fournette falls who knows but I and everyone does know there will be a good RB at 9 regardless.

I think you pretty much nailed it Tkuhl, nice post.
Reply/Quote