Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in talks to trade up for #2 pick
Imo, it would be a huge mistake to trade up at this point, unless you are 100% sure that the player you want is a bonerfied Hall of Fame player. If there is any doubt in that from either talent, off-the-field, &/or injury perspectives, then you dont even think to trade up that high to #2 spot.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dumb move maybe liked it if we did something in free agency you know like kept zeitler and Whitworth and signed a center. We need a tone of talent not a glorified Hill at RB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:13 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: [Image: 041899smithjersey_600x449.jpg]

Blech... Keep the man away from this football team but please bring back those uniforms 
Reply/Quote
Ok - read the link and didn't see anything about Cincy wanting 4net

" if the Carolina deal goes through, it is with the Panthers' intention of taking Fournette".
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals thought they had a guy worth trading up for then I am all for it as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 01:24 PM)J24 Wrote: Dumb move maybe liked it if we did something in free agency you know like kept zeitler and Whitworth and signed a center. We need a tone of talent not a glorified Hill at RB.

we would have had to cut a few players to have done that and not sign any rookies.
Reply/Quote
I find this thread to be completely misleading and stupid.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:39 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Imo, it would be a huge mistake to trade up at this point, unless you are 100% sure that the player you want is a bonerfied Hall of Fame player. If there is any doubt in that from either talent, off-the-field, &/or injury perspectives, then you dont even think to trade up that high to #2 spot.

I'm now hearing (Adam Schefter) that the Browns may actually be considering Mitch Trubisky at #1. This might be the one situation I can see trading up -- Getting Miles Garrett is worth paying something of a premium. There are no guarantees of course, but it would at least make more sense. 

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 02:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I find this thread to be completely misleading and stupid.

Tell'em to go to hell Weezy, do it.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 02:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I find this thread to be completely misleading and stupid.

Yes it is... While the bengals might be exploring the option and the cost to do so...  Just in case the browns be the browns and take a 2nd round qb 1st overall.  

but its fun to think about
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 11:20 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Seriously?  On the eve of the draft, you bring up that name??  You need to immediately seek out a Shaman, perform some sort of sacrifice, take part in a ritual... anything to rid the universe of that negativity Nervous lmao

I sacrificed my dignity so we should be ok.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 02:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we would have had to cut a few players to have done that and not sign any rookies.

What are you talking about? We had what 40 million in cap space and the players we would have cut would be insignificant.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 01:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Blech... Keep the man away from this football team but please bring back those uniforms 

I really do like those unis...  !!
Reply/Quote
Not sure that I trust the source, but how often does our name come up in these kinds of rumors? I don't remember a single time, to be honest.Maybe CP9 was the last time. Not sure that's a comparable situation to the final days leading up to the draft. What a strange time for this rumor to drop. I wonder if McCarron is part of these talks.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:14 PM)J24 Wrote: What are you talking about? We had what 40 million in cap space and the players we would have cut would be insignificant.

If we paid Whit / Zeitler what they received We would have had to more cap cuts.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/20/14954486/what-if-bengals-matched-departed-free-agent-contracts

this takes into account all departed free agents but even with any others we would have been left with nothing much to sign new players outside of the draft picks. and certainly not enough for any extenstions.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....I have the same sinking feeling about him.....Jeremy Hill 2.0, IMO.

I don't necessarily see LF as Hill 2.0, but I feel like he'd be wasted here. LF is someone you'd shape the offense around, but I feel like we'd be putting the square peg in the round hole routine with him. Imagine all the runs out of shotgun.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:53 PM)Shady Wrote: Not sure that I trust the source, but how often does our name come up in these kinds of rumors? I don't remember a single time, to be honest.Maybe CP9 was the last time. Not sure that's a comparable situation to the final days leading up to the draft. What a strange time for this rumor to drop. I wonder if McCarron is part of these talks.

There were talks in March that the Bengals REALLY liked Fournette...presumably if he dropped to 9.

There were rumors too that no RB would be selected in the 1st Round.

The newest rumors have Fournette going at 4.

Thus couple rumor 1 and 3 and the Bengals are moving up ahead of 4 to get him.

I wouldn't doubt that the Bengals had discussions. I do doubt that it will happen. The Bengals should be talking to a bunch of teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 04:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If we paid Whit / Zeitler what they received We would have had to more cap cuts.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/20/14954486/what-if-bengals-matched-departed-free-agent-contracts

this takes into account all departed free agents but even with any others we would have been left with nothing much to sign new players outside of the draft picks. and certainly not enough for any extenstions.

Bengals should have signed Zeitler and Whitworth. So what if they cut Pacman Jones(who should have been cut), not resigned Kirkpatrick(who is average and aging), and cut both backup Lbers in vincent Rey and Rey Maluaga (both are thirty) to keep those two. 
We drafted two first round Corners in 14 and 16 they can replace Pacman and Kirkpatrick. Nick Virgil was drafted to be a nickel LB and all indications are he will be the Nickel Lb this year so that reduces Vincent Rey to a glorified special teams player. We cut Rey Maulaga but we signed Minter to do the same role for the same price which is stupid because Mauluaga role was very limited and wasn't needed. Also Paul Dawson was drafted in 2015 so he should be able to fill Maulaga said role. 
This team makes a big deal about how they build through the draft and how they don't over pay players but thats simply not the case. They refuse to play their draft picks while overpaying on non essential players. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:12 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Believe nothing and trust no one at this point in the process. 99% of the leaks you hear right now are lies.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
Did anyone else see the 9ers article on nfl.com where the owner said you had to have a superstar qb to win?

Not sure about this rumor.

see also: Bengals draft history.
Reply/Quote