Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in talks to trade up for #2 pick
(04-26-2017, 01:06 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Members of this board are always clamoring for us to make moves.

Will be funny to see everyone flip their stance on that if we trade up to #2 haha.

Maybe we know Cleveland isn't going to take Garrett with #1 and we want to move to #2 to take him, wouldn't that be just something.

I guarantee people will whine if we trade up and then try to flip it into the team being cheap somehow.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
It will be great if we get garrett though..... who promised to punish anyone who passed on him... and he would get to do it often.

pretty sure its not the running back... But you spread the rumor its the running back so anyone else doesn't try to out bid a trade for you to get the guy your after
Reply/Quote
A running back just isn't worth a first round pick in todays NFL unless you KNOW your getting Zeke or Adrian Peterson
Reply/Quote
If they trade McCarron and get a 2nd or 3rd as part of the trade I would love it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 01:03 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: oh my lawd jeebus please no

article basically says bengals are interested in trading up to #2 for Fournette. LOL the dude was horrible against big SEC players...couldnt imagine him against NFL players. Check his stats against big schools.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=551967
Bengals Front Office Man Tobin wants Fournette and says he can be an impact player like Elliott was for Dallas......but......Tobin also said he liked where all the Bengals picks in draft are and didn't want to trade away picks to move up or go the other way trading down. He likes Pick 9.

Now IF Tobin and Bengals get an offer from a team needing a QB but no QB worth a top 5 pick,....So they trade down to Bengals at 9 and if we don't have to give up good picks to move up,  I would be all for moving up, taking Fournette, letting the other team pick at 9, as long as we don't have to trade off pick 41 or any picks.  I could see moving back a couple spaces on a late comp pick to a pick 2 in the next round somewhere on Saturday picks. 

I do know from all Bengals have said that they will grab Fournette if they can and say he is too good of a running back to pass up. 

Does AJ McCarron come into play for a team needing a QB and trading down to 9 and Bengals move up ??? We find out tomorrow. That's the good thing. The draft is here and soon the speculation ends.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 06:32 PM)Housh Wrote: A running back just isn't worth a first round pick in todays NFL unless you KNOW your getting Zeke or Adrian Peterson

.....or a Devonta Freeman.  Seems like there's a similar cat in this draft that shattered a lot of his numbers at FSU......Hmm 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 06:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: It will be great if we get garrett though..... who promised to punish anyone who passed on him...  and he would get to do it often.

pretty sure its not the running back... But you spread the rumor its the running back so anyone else doesn't try to out bid a trade for you to get the guy your after

This. 

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 06:36 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals Front Office Man Tobin wants Fournette and says he can be an impact player like Elliott was for Dallas......but......Tobin also said he liked where all the Bengals picks in draft are and didn't want to trade away picks to move up or go the other way trading down. He likes Pick 9.

Now IF Tobin and Bengals get an offer from a team needing a QB but no QB worth a top 5 pick,....So they trade down to Bengals at 9 and if we don't have to give up good picks to move up,  I would be all for moving up, taking Fournette, letting the other team pick at 9, as long as we don't have to trade off pick 41 or any picks.  I could see moving back a couple spaces on a late comp pick to a pick 2 in the next round somewhere on Saturday picks. 

I do know from all Bengals have said that they will grab Fournette if they can and say he is too good of a running back to pass up. 

Now that's a terrifying thought. If that's what Tobin believes and if he has a strong say in who we draft it doesn't bode well for the future of this team...

Fournette is NOTHING like Peterson or Zeke. If we trade up for the 2nd spot the only logical selection is Myles Garrett. If the team actually does this in an effort to nab fournette I will be livid. That will be unforgivable 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 03:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I really do like those unis...  !!

How can you not? They're amazing... I mostly miss the leaping tiger and the tiger head logo. That punkass "B" makes me sick. Bring back the tiger, destroy the B... And maybe just make the entire current uniform black. Do away with the white side paneling and it will make a world of difference. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 04:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't necessarily see LF as Hill 2.0, but I feel like he'd be wasted here. LF is someone you'd shape the offense around, but I feel like we'd be putting the square peg in the round hole routine with him. Imagine all the runs out of shotgun.

Yeah....he's obviously better than Hill....but he's been hyped up to me.  He'll make a good player....so long as you can smash open holes.  Remember all of the Carlos Hyde hype. He was good for a while....then the team went to shit....and he became a regular guy. When your line is shit....and so far...ours looks like straight dookie...you better get a shifty type back. Not a sledgehammer.

Of course.....Carlos is much better than 2 yard Jeremy.

Reply/Quote
Ok you guys are talking out of your ass. This is the best RB class i can remember and LF is the top of the heap. They want Mixon, but they can't risk not getting one of those two. This also doesn't mean they 100% go LF. They have a shot at Garrett and maybe Hugh gave them a heads up. Lastly they could take Jamal Adams who is a real lockerroom leader and hell of a player. Easily one of the best players in the draft and can transform this team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 06:45 PM)Okeana Wrote: Ok you guys are talking out of your ass.  This is the best RB class i can remember and LF is the top of the heap.  They want Mixon, but they can't risk not getting one of those two.  This also doesn't mean they 100% go LF.  They have a shot at Garrett and maybe Hugh gave them a heads up.  Lastly they could take Jamal Adams who is a real lockerroom leader and hell of a player.   Easily one of the best players in the draft and can transform this team.

It's a lot of opinion.  I think Cook is the best in the class. Others don't....differing opinions make the world go round.

That said....if they traded up to 2....and took Cook over Garrett.....I'd be livid.  We have serviceable backs....we NEED some splash on D.

Reply/Quote
I doubt this will happen, but I'd be amused if it did. I'm all for seeing something crazy happen.
Reply/Quote
I think trading up in the top 10 would be a huge mistake.I wouldn't mind trading up in the end of the first round to get that 5th year option on a player though.
Reply/Quote
I also think Cook is the best back in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:31 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I keep seeing over and over that the Browns are going to have to get in front of Buffalo to get Trubisky with their second pick, so I think there is something to that.

Unless McCarron is part of the package, moving up 10 slots in the first round is going to cost a lot.  I would really hope they don't lose the 2nd and 3rd this year, because it is a very deep draft for defensive linemen and this teams needs pass rushing help badly.

Agreed.  I doubt this is true.  I just can't see Mike Brown giving up our 1, 2, and 3 for one guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 06:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....he's obviously better than Hill....but he's been hyped up to me.  He'll make a good player....so long as you can smash open holes.  Remember all of the Carlos Hyde hype. He was good for a while....then the team went to shit....and he became a regular guy. When your line is shit....and so far...ours looks like straight dookie...you better get a shifty type back. Not a sledgehammer.

Of course.....Carlos is much better than 2 yard Jeremy.

Actually look out for Hyde being a pretty decent RB. He put together 988 yards (4.6 YPC) 6 TD, plus another 163 yards/3TD receiving in 13 games last year. Dude just doesn't seem capable of staying healthy, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Lol, sure they're thinking of trading up to #2... Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 06:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: It will be great if we get garrett though..... who promised to punish anyone who passed on him...  and he would get to do it often.

Cleveland will take Garrett...well they should...but it's Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
I can't go through all these pages, but no, that isn't a real thing.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote