Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals interested in J.C. Jackson
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 11:09 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Where is JC24 to explain to us how his huge salary isnt the issue but the 40-50M in guaranteed money he will want is the issue?

For those of us that didnt know.

All joking aside and before I make my guy mad, Im following up on the Carolina insiders that told me Gilmore would like to play here with a chance to get a ring, maybe he would be a little more guaranteed money friendly with a 2yr deal or something?

Reply/Quote
Just saw this and it would be nice but I hope we don't get him and have that prevent us from getting us another offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
Would love to pair him with Awuzie. We need some depth still. However, this has to come behind O-line in priority. If they can do this and solidify the line, I’m down.
Reply/Quote
No chance the Bengals give JC Jackson the kinda money he wants. We are talking 25ish mil APY.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with having arguably the best CB in the NFL on your roster
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Just saw this Tweet:

Quote:- If it's not Jalen Ramsey money, don't want to talk.

He wants highest paid corner money?

No thanks. Sorry. Come back when no one gives you anything close to that and you want to chase a ring.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 11:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just saw this Tweet:

He wants highest paid corner money?

No thanks. Sorry. Come back when no one gives you anything close to that and you want to chase a ring.

I got a little emotional with that because I'm still so caught up on us needing money for the offensive line lol

He might get somewhere near that much somewhere but no way in hell we can break the bank like that for him.

I think he MIGHT get a contract that ends up averaging 18 per when you include signing bonuses and everything.
Reply/Quote
Can only imagine the Bengals tagging Bates, signing JC Jackson to be the highest paid CB, overpaying Uzomah.... only to then having to settle for bargain bin OL. Would be time to sharpen the pitchforks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't overpay, but remember we'll cut Waynes which would save 10million.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will have legitimate interest for sure, but the offer won't be interesting to the Jackson camp. He'll be a Commander. I feel like those guys are always going after high dollar secondary players.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Pass, the bengals secondary was good enough last year. They shut down mahomes for 60 minutes total.

OL, OL, OL
Reply/Quote
Forget it. I'd rather spend money on 2 good Oline Starters (Armstead, and 1 of the top 4 centers) and spend our first rounder or even trade up or down for a DB with our first pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 12:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can only imagine the Bengals tagging Bates, signing JC Jackson to be the highest paid CB, overpaying Uzomah.... only to then having to settle for bargain bin OL. Would be time to sharpen the pitchforks.

You forgot to mention the Hobson fluff piece about Carman and Smith and Hill ready to make their mark in their 2nd year and how the answers to the line were already on the roster and blah blah blah, another 50 plus sack season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 01:19 AM)Yogo Wrote: Forget it.  I'd rather spend money on 2 good Oline Starters (Armstead, and 1 of the top 4 centers) and spend our first rounder or even trade up or down for a DB with our first pick.

Armstead alone will probably command more than JC. Given that we already have a quality young LT Armstead would be trying to fix a problem we don't have. We do have a problem at CB 1. Awuzie's good, but there's 2 sides of the field. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 01:39 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You forgot to mention the Hobson fluff piece about Carman and Smith and Hill ready to make their mark in their 2nd year and how the answers to the line were already on the roster and blah blah blah, another 50 plus sack season.

The Bengals would have to seriously change the way they do business to make the Bates FT, a JC deal, a starting TE and 3 tech, and necessary OL upgrades work under the cap.  They would need to drop some serious money on signing bonuses and guarantee a ton of money at signing to get those first year cap hits down to squeeze them in.

That said, we are in uncharted waters at this point.  Mike Brown has never been this close to a SB before, so trying to predict what exactly he might do is tough.   
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 01:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Armstead alone will probably command more than JC. Given that we already have a quality young LT Armstead would be trying to fix a problem we don't have. We do have a problem at CB 1. Awuzie's good, but there's 2 sides of the field. 

Armstead is a beast, but he misses a lot of games.  Most of the OL we've been rumored to have interest in are guys that are historically very durable.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 01:57 AM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals would have to seriously change the way they do business to make the Bates FT, a JC deal, a starting TE and 3 tech, and necessary OL upgrades work under the cap.  They would need to drop some serious money on signing bonuses and guarantee a ton of money at signing to get those first year cap hits down to squeeze them in.

That said, we are in uncharted waters at this point.  Mike Brown has never been this close to a SB before, so trying to predict what exactly he might do is tough.   

It will certainly be interesting to see what they do at this point.

I mentioned this in a FA thread that the price tag for CJ is going to be a little higher now then a lot of people around here will like with Schultz, Njoku and Gesicki all getting hit with the tag. Still some good names to be had, but I have a feeling CJ will get a nice contract from either the Bengals or someone else.

Hopefully the Bates issue gets resolved and they extend him so he isn't playing under the tag but it seems like the guaranteed money issue might be the hold-up. 

Sadly, I really think they're going to end up much like last season where there is a lot of articles linking them to the top tier OL guys, but then watching all of them be priced out of the Bengals comfort zone. The team then getting a few tier 2-3 guys and crossing their fingers.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 01:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Armstead alone will probably command more than JC. Given that we already have a quality young LT Armstead would be trying to fix a problem we don't have. We do have a problem at CB 1. Awuzie's good, but there's 2 sides of the field. 

Armstead at LT, Jonah at RT.  If we giving top end money, I'd rather pour it into protecting Burrow over a lockdown corner.  The DB talent is pretty good in this draft even at the end of round 1 if we get lucky and a DB falls, especially after the supposedly fabled mediocre QB run.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 05:25 AM)Yogo Wrote: Armstead at LT, Jonah at RT.  If we giving top end money, I'd rather pour it into protecting Burrow over a lockdown corner.  The DB talent is pretty good in this draft even at the end of round 1 if we get lucky and a DB falls, especially after the supposedly fabled mediocre QB run.

Problem is pouring money on Armstead is only protecting Burrow some of the time. The rest of the time the guy will be on the IR.

He's literally never played a full season in the NFL. Dude is fragile. Odds are you're going to pay him, he will play 7-10 games, and then you're stuck continuing to pay him top end money as Jonah moves back to LT and Isaiah Prince becomes the starting RT again while he watches in a hoodie on the sideline.

Same problem I would have with signing Brandon Scherff. I would rather have a slightly less talented but SIGNIFICANTLY more reliable/durable player for much much less money.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote