Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals interested in Jordy Nelson
Apparently we are interested, wow

[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
While it wouldn't hurt us in the slightest, we don't need him.

Run a good gameplan and shore up the line, we have good enough receivers for the offense we have; we don't throw 50 yard bombs all day like GB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
holy cow. no way. no way we pull two moves I really like
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:24 PM)Trademark Wrote: Apparently we are interested, wow

I never read we were interested. I did read this writer speculated we may be because of Van Pelt from Packers coaching here now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While it wouldn't hurt us in the slightest, we don't need him.

Run a good gameplan and shore up the line, we have good enough receivers for the offense we have; we don't throw 50 yard bombs all day like GB.

What does that even mean, Truck?

They had good enough wide receivers for the 27th ranked passing offense last year. How do you look at it and go "nah, we're good"? Was it a planned 27th passive offense, and any better would mess up the plan or something?

Lol... just such a weird statement that somehow this offense makes better players somehow unnecessary. As if Lazor is talking to Marvin and Mike "Whatever you guys do, don't give me any WRs not named AJ Green who can run good routes, get open frequently, or make big plays. That'll just mess up EVERYTHING for my LaFell-5-yard-pass offense."

BTW: The Packers were in a 3-way tie for 17th in passing plays of 40+ yards. The year before they were in a 4-way tie for 10th. The year before that they were in a 3-way tie for 29th. Apparently that's throwing 50 yard bombs all day?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If this happens I am going to assume mb went stif and the information had not been released yet.
Reply/Quote
Since we don't really know how much the bengals plan on spending I'd rather sign someone else, unless it's a smaller deal.

Would have rather seen them sign Trey Burton
Reply/Quote
Fake News. Just a writer's opinion. He'll be a Raider tomorrow.

On a side note, the Ravens are making some horrible moves. Laughable moves if you ask me overspending on these wideouts.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Think he will be a Patriot and replace Amendola unless Raiders or someone overpays which is a possibility.

Yet will not be mad if Bengals inked him to a contract. Think there are bigger needs but hey he would not hurt a thing.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I dunno .seems to me Nelson has been pretty banged up over the years . Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 12:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Think he will be a Patriot and replace Amendola unless Raiders or someone overpays which is a possibility.

Yet will not be mad if Bengals inked him to a contract. Think there are bigger needs but hey he would not hurt a thing.

If spending that money for him means they won't re-sign Bodine, then I'm all for it.  Ninja  But seriously, no - I don't see the FO moving in this direction.

Looking at the numbers, we're not losing Boyd at under a million per year, nor do I think LaFell will be cut at <$4 million. Green is untouchable of course. The talent behind them (that will take the few remaining snaps) does warrant another year of development and opportunity to progress. I definitely think Ross is not to be overlooked. There are bigger fish to fry outside of the WR group. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
The only reason I can think of wanting him is for name alone and to kick lafell to the curb. I don't see this happening although this would be a Bengal signing ,washed up older player .I'd rather draft a couple guys then take him.
Reply/Quote
We won't be able to make Jordy work in this offense. Andy's not Rodgers.

I see a guy who could be like Nelson in the draft. Braxton Berrios from Miami (FL).
Reply/Quote
Read this article yesterday, writers opinion. I don't see us as being interested, but it also wouldn't be a downgrade if we signed Nelson and cut LaFell.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
My guess would be he lands with the Pats. We’ll kick the tires though.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What does that even mean, Truck?

Well, I can't answer for Truck, but I tend to agree with him.  This team already has plenty of receivers that we can't get the ball to.  There are plenty of more pressing needs, besides another WR to spend serious money on.

If you really want to improve the offense's passing game ranking, give Andy another .5 seconds with the ball to allow plays to fully develop.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Having Nelson would be a luxury I think the Bengals would look at, if we didn't have so many glaring needs. While the line is working itself out, we still need linebacker help, and a better safety.... (I'd actually like them to try out Pac at safety)
Reply/Quote
No way the Bengals outbid the other teams for Nelson. Bengals have to pay extra because of the organization's perception by others. But if they cut MJ, LaFell, Jones, and Bodine then they could have to money for one more signing. Also, I think this news illustrates that Marvin Lewis has been granted more power in the organization. I always liked Nelson when he is healthy and hated playing against the guy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Can he even run anymore. I was under the impression his legs are done. We have a guy like him in Lafell as this point in his career. Don't want any part of this.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While it wouldn't hurt us in the slightest, we don't need him.

It would be sexy and a name...which screams of trying to sell tickets. 

I think Bengals fans get that they need a better offensive line before anything else, and then a LB. 

If GB is letting Nelson go, I can't help but think his best days are behind him.  
Reply/Quote