Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals land G- John Miller
(03-21-2019, 04:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Plenty, but it's not just one thing I'm looking at. It's everything combined. 

Usually the one getting personal and ignoring points is the one losing the debate. Just sayin. 

Like I said, I agree with you, I don't think he's very good, just saying that I personally wouldn't hold his draft status against him

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 04:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Plenty, but it's not just one thing I'm looking at. It's everything combined. 

Usually the one getting personal and ignoring points is the one losing the debate. Just sayin. 

Not personal at all, the logic you're using is nonsensical so there is no reason to go round and round with it. You use non playing "points" to prove his play on the field was bad...except it wasn't.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round therefor he can't be good by your logic. Kurt Warner was undrafted and cut by the Packers only to start out as the 3rd string QB for the Rams, no one traded for him so he must suck. Nick Foles was making back up money so that playoff run doesn't count. 

All these things are true if we use your Tyrod Taylor litmus test. Which is why it's nonsensical.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bledsoe was great in year one. Played like butt in year two. He did the same thing in Dallas, IIRC.

Yeah....was mostly a joke...however, he DID have a cannon for an arm.  Much like their current young QB.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 04:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: I've taken my fair share of shots at Miller, but I did catch some bills highlights when they were analyzing Allen, and he looked Ok (they were highlights but) I did watch him and he held his own.

He is an average starting guard. If we can get average line play across the board this year our offense cold be really good with our weapons.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 04:36 PM)Bryan Wrote: Like I said, I agree with you, I don't think he's very good, just saying that I personally wouldn't hold his draft status against him

Like I said, it's everything combined. Not just that he was a 6th round pick. I'm looking at the big picture and combining that bit with everything else. The fact that he sat around on Baltimore's bench for 4 years with no trade interest, his play in starts with Baltimore and Cleveland. The fact that he's on a bench again. You look at that stuff and then you start to understand that he's probably closer to "that 6th round pick" than "that guy who was pretty decent in Buffalo". 

(03-21-2019, 04:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not personal at all, the logic you're using is nonsensical so there is no reason to go round and round with it. You use non playing "points" to prove his play on the field was bad...except it wasn't.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round therefor he can't be good by your logic. Kurt Warner was undrafted and cut by the Packers only to start out as the 3rd string QB for the Rams, no one traded for him so he must suck. Nick Foles was making back up money so that playoff run doesn't count. 

All these things are true if we use your Tyrod Taylor litmus test. Which is why it's nonsensical.

See the post to Bryan. Nothing nonsensical about it. 

(03-21-2019, 04:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....was mostly a joke...however, he DID have a cannon for an arm.  Much like their current young QB.....

Dude had an interesting career. I always thought Bledsoe was the best comparison for Carson. They were very similar in a lot of ways.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: See the post to Bryan. Nothing nonsensical about it. 

As I pointed out in my examples it is nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 04:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: As I pointed out in my examples it is nonsense.

Ok.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 04:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: As I pointed out in my examples it is nonsense.

The most salient points of all is two different teams got the hell rid of him in favor of unproven rookies and look how teams lined up to make him their starter this year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 05:01 PM)McC Wrote: The most salient points of all is two different teams got the hell rid of him in favor of unproven rookies and look how teams lined up to make him their starter this year.

A point that is continuously ignored.
Reply/Quote
Lady Ga Ga's left boob.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 05:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A point that is continuously ignored.

Look at it this way--the league has weighed in and they agree with us.  That's confirmation enough for me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 03:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: His last five weeks he averaged 216 yards, 53% passing, 1.4 TD, 1.4 INT. His production was Tyrod Taylor like except he did it more excitingly. 

And there in lies the rub. The Pats game there was the outlier. He looked bad and the Bills got destroyed. Lets include it though bc ya gotta take the good w the bad. 
Your point isnt wrong, but again its the context. A uber green rookie with much less talent both at wr and OL is putting up similar stats ina year where most thought he shoud sit bc if he didnt hed puke all over the frobt of himself. And there there in lies the potential. Already equaling a vet (and surpassed taylors best Bills stats in week 16) just 10 starts in. Perfect example of why Buffalo is excited. 

Sadly  as the Bills found out, TT isnt even good at leasing your tank team. He is too safe that the avg #s keep a team in it. With the right bounces even make the playoffs. That JAX game wss a microcosm of everything wrong w TT. He needed to do slightly more than avg TT to win and couldn't.  THAT was the most frustrating thing abt that game.

Bledsoes 2 yrs were fun. I think he got a raw deal, but the game was changing. He was good on terrible NE teams. I was a fan and ecstatic the day that trade dent down, even went to the airport to see the plane land. I think big arm QBs are fun though and its not everyones cup of tea
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 06:01 PM)Gobills123 Wrote: And there in lies the rub. The Pats game there was the outlier. He looked bad and the Bills got destroyed. Lets include it though bc ya gotta take the good w the bad. 
Your point isnt wrong, but again its the context. A uber green rookie with much less talent both at wr and OL is putting up similar stats ina year where most thought he shoud sit bc if he didnt hed puke all over the frobt of himself. And there there in lies the potential. Already equaling a vet (and surpassed taylors best Bills stats in week 16) just 10 starts in. Perfect example of why Buffalo is excited. 

Sadly  as the Bills found out, TT isnt even good at leasing your tank team. He is too safe that the avg #s keep a team in it. With the right bounces even make the playoffs. That JAX game wss a microcosm of everything wrong w TT. He needed to do slightly more than avg TT to win and couldn't.  THAT was the most frustrating thing abt that game.

Bledsoes 2 yrs were fun. I think he got a raw deal, but the game was changing. He was good on terrible NE teams. I was a fan and ecstatic the day that trade dent down, even went to the airport to see the plane land. I think big arm QBs are fun though and its not everyones cup of tea
Not that it matters, but i will, and want, to say that TT is as stand up a dude as they come. Inwished him success and wish he had more w the bills. It just wasnt meant to be. Dude got benched for a scrub rookie and handled it like a pro and even came back to save their asses after being dogged. He wasnt the future, but he was a good dude
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dude had an interesting career. I always thought Bledsoe was the best comparison for Carson. They were very similar in a lot of ways.

He did, and he did put the Patriots back on the map and got to a Super Bowl with Parcells.  He kinda fell off after that injury that led to Brady.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote