Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ ready to get with Burrow
(05-12-2020, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the worst thing you can do to a rookie QB is let him think he is going to be making the GM decisions.

If the Bengals wanted to re-sign Green I can see why they would make that decision, but they better not be letting a rookie QB call the shots.

I think it's more the Bengals wanted him back. Does it make Joe happy to be able to throw passes to AJ, hell yeah it does. It wasn't a make or break thing in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 01:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think it's more the Bengals wanted him back. Does it make Joe happy to be able to throw passes to AJ, hell yeah it does. It wasn't a make or break thing in my opinion.

And I don't blame Burrow for making it public that he wanted AJ on the team.

I just don't want him to think the Bengals made the decision based on his wishes.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the worst thing you can do to a rookie QB is let him think he is going to be making the GM decisions.

If the Bengals wanted to re-sign Green I can see why they would make that decision, but they better not be letting a rookie QB call the shots.

This has already been addressed. The Bengals clearly wanted to bring AJ back anyway. And you know that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

And right on time here comes Fred with the tired old adage out of the 70's that a rookie QB can't be a vocal leader until he's carried the gatorade bottles and been taped to a locker.

And lets not forget that the 7 time Pro Bowler and probable HOFer may have forgotten all the football he ever knew because he's been "injured" for so long.

We got it the first time.

Things change...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 08:45 AM)pally Wrote: Despite earlier saying he wouldn't participate in OTAs if franchised, AJ at least appears ready to get together with Joe when he can. Maybe this is a small sign that he and the team are coming closer to a deal. Or just a sign he is ready for some football

On letting Joe take the lead

does pinocchio have wooden balls!?, of course AJ is ready ....
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2020, 06:28 PM)McC Wrote: Okay, doctor.  Whatever.  I'm so ***** tired of covid 19 self proclaimed experts.

+1 billion.. I've had it with this media driven BS..
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: None of us have a clue how talented a healthy AJ is because even healthy WRs start to decline at his age.

Hard for me to believe that injuries bad enough to keep a player out for 18 months won't have any effect on his play when he returns.

I expect him to be ready and have a good season. He will be out to prove his worth. His workload should be be lessened. He should have every opportunity to succeed. I think he still has juice.

Ts, if his play has declined, it may be near the end.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And I don't blame Burrow for making it public that he wanted AJ on the team.

I just don't want him to think the Bengals made the decision based on his wishes.

The Bengals announced they wanted AJ back even if it meant franchising him long before the Burrow pick was in.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2020, 08:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bengals announced they wanted AJ back even if it meant franchising him long before the Burrow pick was in.

Yep. Was going to happen anyways. It was just more reassurance for Burrow is all that the team is willing to make the moves to 
win and is serious about it. Expecting the team to be working on extensions for both AJ and Mixon.
Reply/Quote