Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals may announce Color Rush uni's
(04-05-2016, 01:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Cowboys "color rush" unis were all white.  And the Bengals and Brown can't both be all orange.

How can so many of you be so negative before you even see them?

I am hoping the entire uniform is orange with black stripes like the helmets.

Because I've earned the right to be negative when it comes to decisions made anywhere near 1 PBS.  You like the B logo?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 12:37 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Because I've earned the right to be negative when it comes to decisions made anywhere near 1 PBS.  You like the B logo?

I have no problem with the B logo.

What about it do you hate so much?

And what does this have to do with the "color rush" uniforms that you have not even seen yet?

Perfect example of people who don't even look at any facts, but just hate on anything the Bengals do just because the Bengals do it. 

Why not just start early and make a post about how much you hate our first round pick this year?
Reply/Quote
Man - I so want a throw back uniform like the original.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for the colors on the helmet to be inverted.  A black helmet with metallic orange stripes.  With an all orange uniform.  That's what I'm voting for. 

Or we go white with black stripes.  that's my 2nd choice. 

Leave the B at home. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 05:19 AM)McC Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but the B stands for Bengals.

Most likely, but the B could stand for "Brown".  Ninja

Honestly, what irked me about the B logo is that 99% of teams that have a letter logo, it's for the city, not the team name.

For example: 

Bears have a "C" for Chicago
Jets and Giants have "NY" for New York
49ers: "SF"
Packers: "G"
Chiefs: "KC"
Ravens: "B"

The Bengals are the only team I can think of in any sport that uses a letter logo that has nothing to do with their city. I'm not saying that there are no others, but even if there are, it's definitely rare.

Also, add me to those that thinks "color rush" uni's are ridiculous and are just a way for Nike to make money and screw up more uniforms. I'm more of a traditionalist.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 12:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Most likely, but the B could stand for "Brown".  Ninja

Honestly, what irked me about the B logo is that 99% of teams that have a letter logo, it's for the city, not the team name.

For example: 

Bears have a "C" for Chicago
Jets and Giants have "NY" for New York
49ers: "SF"
Packers: "G"
Chiefs: "KC"
Ravens: "B"

The Bengals are the only team I can think of in any sport that uses a letter logo that has nothing to do with their city. I'm not saying that there are no others, but even if there are, it's definitely rare.

Also, add me to those that thinks "color rush" uni's are ridiculous and are just a way for Nike to make money and screw up more uniforms. I'm more of a traditionalist.

Are you serious?  

This never even crossed my mind.

And there are tons of teams whose lgo has the team name instead.  In baseball alone there are the Braves, White Sox, Mets, Orioles, Cubs, Twins, Brewers, Yankees, Giants, Cardinals, and Yankees

[Image: 8d516f10-4af7-11e5-8dcb-fbacf22aae3c_Scr...-11-AM.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have no problem with the B logo.

What about it do you hate so much?

Considering your undying love and admiration for anything the organization does, I'm not surprised.  

What do I hate about the B?  Its an EGOMANIACAL nod to their family crest.  Mike and Katie didn't earn shit.  It was spoonfed to them on a golden platter.  Then they presented that same platter to hamilton county and demanded a bounty.

Quote:And what does this have to do with the "color rush" uniforms that you have not even seen yet?

Perfect example of people who don't even look at any facts, but just hate on anything the Bengals do just because the Bengals do it. 

Why not just start early and make a post about how much you hate our first round pick this year?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Fred, but people are allowed to be critical of this organization Fred.  Your demonizing those who don't think kindly of the brown family isn't going to change anything.  With all the time and energy you spend defending the family crest, I really hope Mikey spots you at spring training and gives you a cart ride for your efforts.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you serious?  

And there are tons of teams whose lgo has the team name instead.  In baseball alone there are the Braves, White Sox, Mets, Orioles, Cubs, Twins, Brewers, Yankees, Giants, Cardinals, and Yankees

Color rush me surprised. Didn't put much effort into your retort either.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 12:37 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Because I've earned the right to be negative when it comes to decisions made anywhere near 1 PBS.  You like the B logo?

sure you have the right to complain its part of the freedom of this country.

That doesnt mean it makes any sense when you do.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 01:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: sure you have the right to complain its part of the freedom of this country.

That doesnt mean it makes any sense when you do.

I'm apologize.  Did I accidentally respond to my quilting forum RSS feed?  Silly me.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 02:04 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Just do the white tiger uniform. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

[Image: tumblr_kqrirdQUSh1qzu7ito1_400png.jpg]

Love it.  Have been wishing they rolled this out as an alternate uniform for years. ThumbsUp

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you serious?  

Not something I waste time thinking about every day, but yeah. Terrible examples btw.

Atlanta has a letter A logo on their caps.
The Mets and Yankees both have NY logos.
The "C" for cubbies has a dual meaning for Chicago and Cubs.
The Brewers have an M logo.
The Giants have an SF logo.
The Cardinals have an STL logo.

Are you really going to pretend like most letter logos aren't based on the city? It's not even close. I get it though, you have to defend the Bengals from all attacks, no matter how small the gripe or trivial the complaint.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 09:53 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Those things are hideous. We're gonna look like a bunch of cream-sickles out there. 

[Image: 940x.jpg]

You would have to PRAY that the color rush would make us look that good.

It's more likely going to make them look like traffic barrels.

[Image: Traffic-Barrels1.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 01:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: What do I hate about the B?  Its an EGOMANIACAL nod to their family crest.

No it isn't.  If you believe this then you have some issues.

(04-05-2016, 01:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Fred, but people are allowed to be critical of this organization Fred. 

You are also "allowed" to believe that the Earth is hollow and filled with unicorns and leprechauns.  But here is the bad news for you.  People are also allowed to point out how stupid that is.

I understand people who are critical of the bengals for valid reasons.  Even I have been critical of Mike Brown.  But people who just say "I don't care what they do I am going to hate it anyway" are ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 02:04 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Just do the white tiger uniform. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

[Image: tumblr_kqrirdQUSh1qzu7ito1_400png.jpg]

Dude, those are awful. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It will be all Orange... like last years color rush teams had all one solid color
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 02:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not something I waste time thinking about every day, but yeah. Terrible examples btw.

Atlanta has a letter A logo on their caps.
The Mets and Yankees both have NY logos.
The "C" for cubbies has a dual meaning for Chicago and Cubs.
The Brewers have an M logo.
The Giants have an SF logo.
The Cardinals have an STL logo.

Are you really going to pretend like most letter logos aren't based on the city? It's not even close. I get it though, you have to defend the Bengals from all attacks, no matter how small the gripe or trivial the complaint.

Actually I am not going to pretend anything because I am shocked that people even think about this.

You are seriously upset because we have a "B" logo instead of a "C" logo?  I pointed out that many other teams have logos that don't include the city and then you change the discussion to what is on the caps, but the "B" is not even on the Bengals helmet.  Getting upset over this issue requires some pretty convoluted logic.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 12:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Also, add me to those that thinks "color rush" uni's are ridiculous and are just a way for Nike to make money and screw up more uniforms. I'm more of a traditionalist.

I hear ya, but I actually sort of like the fact that I'll be able to decide if I want to drop some stupid cash on a new stupid different jersey.  If it is a Bengals jersey that resembles the creamsickle Bucs I might not be able to resist.  Still, the NFL can attempt to make us buy it, but it's up to us.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I am not going to pretend anything because I am shocked that people even think about this.

You are seriously upset because we have a "B" logo instead of a "C" logo?  I pointed out that many other teams have logos that don't include the city and then you change the discussion to what is on the caps, but the "B" is not even on the Bengals helmet.  Getting upset over this issue requires some pretty convoluted logic.

Fred, it's really not a major gripe, at all. The only time I think about it is when the "B" logo is discussed. I'd prefer if they had a "C" for Cincinnati, but in the end it's not that big of a deal. The discussion only turned serious because you got so defensive about it.

And no, I didn't change the discussion to what is on caps. Every team has multiple logos. The ones who have letter logos usually base those letters on the City. Not a huge epic problem. I'm just sayin. I'm from Cincy, so anything that shows pride in the city is good imo. 
Reply/Quote
How about we ask Nike to add chrome to our color rush uni?

[Image: USATSI_7521459.jpg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote