Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals need to lose to Miami
I don't want the first draft pick determined by the Browns/Bengals game. I actually want a loss this weekend to Miami to secure the first draft pick. I am a fan of the Bengals but think a new direction is needed. I guess throwing a game is wrong because of bettors. However, the Bengals better not blow it. As a long time fan, this is the first game I am rooting for the other team. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I can see the Bengals winning the last two games and picking 3rd. If that is the case, people better get use to the idea of Herbert as the new QB which would be the likely pick. Browns should beat the Bengals but they are a team out of sorts and Fins just are as bad if not worst than the Bengals.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 05:32 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I can see the Bengals winning the last two games and picking 3rd.  If that is the case, people better get use to the idea of Herbert as the new QB which would be the likely pick.  Browns should beat the Bengals but they are a team out of sorts and Fins just are as bad if not worst than the Bengals.

I would still take Tua over Herbert.  Rumor has it though that Miami loves Tua and Burrow might make it to 3 if Miami and NYG are 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 08:18 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: I would still take Tua over Herbert.  Rumor has it though that Miami loves Tua and Burrow might make it to 3 if Miami and NYG are 1 and 2.

Tua is just hurt all the time.  Before the hip injury it was the ankle injury the previous year, and the year before that it was the other ankle..  I don't think drafting him is a good idea.  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 08:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Tua is just hurt all the time.  Before the hip injury it was the ankle injury the previous year, and the year before that it was the other ankle..  I don't think drafting him is a good idea.  

Agree, this team has just had to many 1st round picks with injury issues to even think about going down that road.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 08:18 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: I would still take Tua over Herbert.  Rumor has it though that Miami loves Tua and Burrow might make it to 3 if Miami and NYG are 1 and 2.

No way Burrow isn’t the 1st QB off the board.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 01:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't want the first draft pick determined by the Browns/Bengals game. I actually want a loss this weekend to Miami to secure the first draft pick. I am a fan of the Bengals but think a new direction is needed. I guess throwing a game is wrong because of bettors. However, the Bengals better not blow it. As a long time fan, this is the first game I am rooting for the other team. lol

Me too...and the bad thing is this matchup sets well for Cincy...Not a very mobile QB, good receiving corps but a horrible defense.  I am hoping for some wacky turnovers/scores to lose this game so I can actually root for the Bengals the last week of the season and send Dalton out with a win.  
Reply/Quote
Agree, lose it and get the mystery over.
Reply/Quote
Damn. If we pick third draft Andrew Thomas out of Georgia. We need another tackle.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 01:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't want the first draft pick determined by the Browns/Bengals game. I actually want a loss this weekend to Miami to secure the first draft pick. I am a fan of the Bengals but think a new direction is needed. I guess throwing a game is wrong because of bettors. However, the Bengals better not blow it. As a long time fan, this is the first game I am rooting for the other team. lol

Rock On  I agree 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 11:13 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Damn.  If we pick third draft Andrew Thomas out of Georgia.  We need another tackle.

We need another tackle, and QB, guard, LB, WR, pass rusher, CB, and safety. Lol.
Reply/Quote

If I were the wealthy Owner of the Bengals and we beat the Dolphins, I would immediately announce that we will be starting and evaluating Jake Dolegala for the last game against the Browns. 

I would not give one iota about any Public Relations hit that I would take from the Fans, the NFL, the Media or inside the Organization this late in a lost season.

I doubt that the REP of this Organization could be tarnished much more by doing this.

As of right now, I am for taking Joe Burrow but one or more trade downs in round one could also be explored as options.

My fictitious wealthy NFL Owner side would shamelessly trot Dolegala out there against the Browns if I thought it would help secure that number 1 overall pick.

In fact, he would probably be starting against the Dolphins if it were my call.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Unless my math is off, the Dolphins cannot overtake the Bengals in the draft regardless of what happens.

A Dolphin win Sunday would give them 4 wins, and the Bengals could only finish with 2.

Even if the Bengals win out and the Dolphins lose out, leaving them BOTH with 3-13, the Bengals win the tie breaker with a win OVER the Dolphins.

The only other threat are either the Giants and Redskins, also sitting with 3 losses.

They play each other this weekend, so either one gets a win, and gets eliminated from the #1 pick regardless even if the Bengals win out. If it ends in a tie, and they both lose the last game, they both finish 3-12-1, still giving the Bengals the worst record by a 1/2 game.

Those 2 teams play the Eagles and the Cowboys the last week so whoever wins between the Skins and Giants will probably lose the last week's game, eliminating BOTH teams.

The scenario I'm not sure about is if whoever wins the Giants/Redskins game, also wins their last game, would finish at 3-13, tying the Bengals IF they Bengals win out.

I don't know how the tie breaker works there.

BOTTOM LINE: If the Bengals lose one of the last 2, they get #1 pick regardless of what everyone else does!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 10:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Me too...and the bad thing is this matchup sets well for Cincy...Not a very mobile QB, good receiving corps but a horrible defense.  I am hoping for some wacky turnovers/scores to lose this game so I can actually root for the Bengals the last week of the season and send Dalton out with a win.  

That's where I am at. Best scenario, we lose to the Dolphins, not throw the game though, then stomp a mud hole in Cleveland the last game.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:35 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Even if the Bengals win out and the Dolphins lose out, leaving them BOTH with 3-13, the Bengals win the tie breaker with a win OVER the Dolphins.

Wouldn't the Bengals winning the tiebreaker be the same technically as us having the better record thus the Dolphins get the first overall pick since they lost to us ?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: Wouldn't the Bengals winning the tiebreaker be the same technically as us having the better record thus the Dolphins get the first overall pick since they lost to us ?

By George, you are correct!  My bad.  However, the Dolphins play the Pats in NE the last game, unless Billy B sits everyone, but he still has a slim chance for the #1 seed, and certainly doesn't want to lose the #2 seed to the Chiefs!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: By George, you are correct!  My bad.  However, the Dolphins play the Pats in NE the last game, unless Billy B sits everyone, but he still has a slim chance for the #1 seed, and certainly doesn't want to lose the #2 seed to the Chiefs!

If the Bengals beat Miami and Cleveland we need Miami to beat NE.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 08:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Tua is just hurt all the time.  Before the hip injury it was the ankle injury the previous year, and the year before that it was the other ankle..  I don't think drafting him is a good idea.  

I can see that, but the last time the Dolphins passed on a "too hurt" QB it was Drew Brees, so maybe they're still full of fear of missing out.  At any rate, if we don't get the first QB off the board we are going to be able to look at how many of the best QBs in the league right now are out performing the QBs taken before them....so there is that.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: Wouldn't the Bengals winning the tiebreaker be the same technically as us having the better record thus the Dolphins get the first overall pick since they lost to us ?

The tiebreaker is strength of schedule not head to head. The Bengals lose on this as the weaker schedule picks first.

Also the opening post is wrong, the Bengals only need to tie v Miami to secure the first pick....
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 08:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, this team has just had to many 1st round picks with injury issues to even think about going down that road.

Absolutely.  They keep drafting injured players thinking they'll all turn out to be Anthony Munoz and they never are.
Reply/Quote