Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals offered Marvin Jones same amount as Detroit -(he left anyways)
(03-09-2016, 09:50 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Jones has 13 more receptions and played in 3 more games. And don't forget when he was taken out of games due to injury as well.

I agree, he's not putting up Gronk numbers. But he has only 13 less receptions and played in less than 3 games. And was pretty much a red zone weapon.

I can see your argument. However, he's also not the clear cut #2 here either. In Detroit? He could be the #1. At worst he's the #2. And there's no argument with that.

Let's not forget Gronk is the #1 option in NE without question.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This has Michael Johnson written all over it. Hes gonna leave for Detroit and discover that the grass isn't always greener. Unless the Lions address their horrible offensive line, Stafford wont have any time to throw passes to Marvin.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It would have been nice to get Marvin Jones back, but it's not the end of the world. As I said before, it would be wiser to put $ into our DBs and look to the draft to upgrade at WR. A WR in the 1st or 2nd becomes a very real possibility now, and Duke Tobin will do his best to find us one worthy of such a high pick. We'll probably draft another WR in round 4, 5 , or 6. I don't expect Sanu back.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Why does everyone assume it's only about money as opposed to opportunity?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eifert still has two more years on his contract. That's not even counting the possible use of a franchise tag.

He isn't due for a new deal at all, he's only 60% through his current one.

(03-10-2016, 01:04 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, shit.  I keep forgetting the new CBA allows for 5 deals years on first rounders.  (Seems like a really shitty deal for rookies.  Way lower pay now and they're locked in for a huge chuck of their career)

But still, you know us.  We probably should start hoarding as much money as we can for that *****.  We can all that the TE Fund. ThumbsUp

The beat guys and Hobson have said that Eifert will be one of the players that the Bengals look to extend during training camp. We'll obviously pick up his 5th year option, but I see them getting a deal done.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:58 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This has Michael Johnson written all over it. Hes gonna leave for Detroit and discover that the grass isn't always greener. Unless the Lions address their horrible offensive line, Stafford wont have any time to throw passes to Marvin.

Er...I hope this isn't quite like the Michael Johnson thing because our pass rush was dreadful that year he left.  For some reason people forget that we let him walk (he WAS pricey, I'll admit) and we got WORSE from it.  Hard to act smug about letting a guy go get a "reality check" when our reality was "Oh crap, we're worse without him!" at the same time.

But hey, we saved money...so nuts to the pass-rush, right?  Smug!

If we sign FA's who stink and/or attempt to stuff late round picks in at #2 and we suffer from it the fact that Marvin Jones is a failure in Detroit is a nice bit of bitter satisfaction, but it's not enough.
Reply/Quote