Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals place Boyd, Dre K and Evans on IR
Bengals place Tyler Boyd, Dre Kirkpatrick and Jordan Evans on the IR.

Sign RB Quinton Flowers, T Kent Perkins and WR Hunter Sharp from PS.
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh's playoff hopes are as good as SUNK.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals place Tyler Boyd, Dre Kirkpatrick and Jordan Evans on the IR.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling this signals that Merv is getting another year. What's the purpose of putting those guys on IR other than to bring up some youngins and see how the young guys do in live NFL action? I hope like hell that I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but I'm worried.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know why, but I get the feeling this signals that Merv is getting another year. What's the purpose of putting those guys on IR other than to bring up some youngins and see how the young guys do in live NFL action? I hope like hell that I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but I'm worried.

You should be, because Merv WILL BE back.

As for the OP.....sheesh!!!!!  The hits just keep on coming.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well those guys aren't playing anyways so sending them to IR and by signing the young guys to the active roster they reward those guys for being on the PS all year with a real game check versus the weekly practice squad pay which isn't nearly as much.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals place Tyler Boyd, Dre Kirkpatrick and Jordan Evans on the IR.

Boyd sure had a great year, hope we can pay that man, love the clutchness i was seeing out of him.

Reminded me of Housh.

I like Flowers as a backup QB/RB and Perkins has looked okay when i have been able to see him.

(12-28-2018, 03:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: You should be, because Merv WILL BE back.

As for the OP.....sheesh!!!!!  The hits just keep on coming.

To be fair, didn't you think PA was going to be back last Offseason Wyche?
Reply/Quote
Bengals going after another dubious record.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Boyd sure had a great year, hope we can pay that man, love the clutchness i was seeing out of him.

Reminded me of Housh.

I like Flowers as a backup QB/RB and Perkins has looked okay when i have been able to see him.

To be fair, didn't you think PA was going to be back last Offseason Wyche?

Yep.....and there were no reports out there claiming he would be gone.  When Dave Lapham makes it a point during the radio broadcast of the Browns game to say the organization intends to let Merv have the last say......I tend to believe that Merv will have the last say. :giggle:

Reply/Quote
I'm honestly surprised Burfict did not get placed on IR as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....and there were no reports out there claiming he would be gone.  When Dave Lapham makes it a point during the radio broadcast of the Browns game to say the organization intends to let Merv have the last say......I tend to believe that Merv will have the last say. :giggle:

Well then i hope Marv does us all a favor and says he is out...
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm honestly surprised Burfict did not get placed on IR as well.

He wants one more shot at JuJu for the road.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:12 PM)McC Wrote: He wants one more shot at JuJu for the road.

Just hope he doesn't get another concussion.
Reply/Quote

Bengals have been piling the players on IR for the last few weeks. Gotta make sure everyone *knows* this debacle isn't really a coaching or front office issue that way Mikey boy can justify to the fans why he isn't going to change anything.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:12 PM)McC Wrote: He wants one more shot at JuJu for the road.

I think they've already ruled him out for the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think they've already ruled him out for the game.

Well, there you go then.  His career ends with a whimper.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm honestly surprised Burfict did not get placed on IR as well.

Remember the Falcons game a few years ago where Burfict did not even know where he was and the officials had to make the Bengals take him out of the game.  Then he returned just a few plays later?

They must think that concussions do not really have an effect on Vontaze.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember the Falcons game where Burfict did not even know where he was and the officials had to make the Bengals take him out of the game.  Then he returned just a few plays later?

They must think that concussions do not really have an effect on Vontaze.

Maybe they can't tell the difference?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well then i hope Marv does us all a favor and says he is out...

Me too buddy.....me too.  I'll be honest with ya....I wouldn't have put much stock in it if Lap hadn't made us all wait until after the commercial break to spill the beans. LMAO

Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Flowers get a few touches, perhaps even a halfback pass option. See what he can do.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd like to see Flowers get a few touches, perhaps even a halfback pass option. See what he can do.

If it were me, I'd pull out all of the stops in an effort to at least be competitive.  With the talent deficiency, it's what they need to do.

Reply/Quote