Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals players considering silent protest
(09-11-2020, 03:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Kavanaugh-SCOTUS-hearings?pid=595600#pid595600

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Kavanaugh-SCOTUS-hearings?pid=595628#pid595628

Like I said: Stop it.

You have kept me entertained long enough. next topic

Again I was just arguing for there to be an investigation/hearing on the allegations

You were arguing that he should be assumed innocent WITHOUT ANY INVESTIGATION OR HEARING.

You are proving my point with this quote.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: KC fans showed themselves to be trash for booing a moment of silence.

They embarrassed the great state of Kansas... Lol.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 04:03 PM)jason Wrote: They embarrassed the great state of Kansas... Lol.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR3L0QOVwXEwG48nWHHx...g&usqp=CAU]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again I was just arguing for there to be an investigation/hearing on the allegations

There WAS an investigation performed by the FBI.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 04:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR3L0QOVwXEwG48nWHHx...g&usqp=CAU]

If I'm serious they embarrassed themselves. I know they were in Missouri. The president did not in February.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 04:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR3L0QOVwXEwG48nWHHx...g&usqp=CAU]

Jason isn’t, but that moron Trump was . . .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2020/feb/02/trump-kansas-city-missouri-super-bowl-tweet
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 04:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: There WAS an investigation performed by the FBI.

Which Republicans objected to.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Which Republicans objected to.

They did? I remember them saying the FBI investigation exonerated Kavanaugh or something to that effect. I don't remember them saying they objected to it. I DO remember they objected to having the FBI do ANOTHER investigation.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 04:23 PM)jason Wrote: If I'm serious they embarrassed themselves. I know they were in Missouri. The president did not in February.

Figured it was something of the sort. I think the Fins have the right attitude:

Quote:“‘Lift Every Voice And Sing’ is just a way to save face,” they said. “So if my dad was a soldier, but the cops killed my brother, do I stand for one anthem and then kneel for the other? This attempt to unify only creates more divide. So we will skip the song and dance, and as a team we will stay inside. … It’s not a black-white thing or a left-right thing. Let’s clean the whole bird and stop arguing about which wing.”

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I think the Fins have the right attitude:

Really?

Miami Dolphins players released a blistering and powerful video on Thursday night in which they said they will stay inside for the playing of two national anthems before Sunday's season opener, and explained in detail why.

The players had said this week they were working on a unified message and protest. In the video, the players criticize the NFL for its approach to social inequities.

In a powerful moment, McCain suggests he's tired of being told to stay in his lane. "If you speak up for change, then I'll shut up and play," McCain said.

In the video posted Thursday, players criticized NFL owners in general.

"Either you're in denial or just simply don't really care," safety Eric Rowe said.

The players clearly express their frustration and anger with both the state of society as well as their interpretation of the league's efforts.

"We're not puppets," defensive lineman Davon Godchaux said. 

"So we'll skip the song and dance," defensive end Shaq Lawson said.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Really?

Miami Dolphins players released a blistering and powerful video on Thursday night in which they said they will stay inside for the playing of two national anthems before Sunday's season opener, and explained in detail why.

The players had said this week they were working on a unified message and protest. In the video, the players criticize the NFL for its approach to social inequities.

In a powerful moment, McCain suggests he's tired of being told to stay in his lane. "If you speak up for change, then I'll shut up and play," McCain said.

In the video posted Thursday, players criticized NFL owners in general.

"Either you're in denial or just simply don't really care," safety Eric Rowe said.

The players clearly express their frustration and anger with both the state of society as well as their interpretation of the league's efforts.

"We're not puppets," defensive lineman Davon Godchaux said. 

"So we'll skip the song and dance," defensive end Shaq Lawson said.

Yes Fred, Really.

Reply/Quote