Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals players considering silent protest
(09-10-2020, 12:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I was hoping this thread could be more about what fans will do in terms of how they'll approach the game if the players do the silent protest, and it was for awhile (for the most part anyway)...but I'm gonna go ahead and move it to P&R now that's it's ran for 5 pages in JN. 

That'll be productive. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey, I might just become a Texans fan

Reply/Quote
I saw Carlos made an appearance in the video that played during Lift Every Voice and Sing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 08:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, I might just become a Texans fan

OK I might be a Chiefs fan

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 06:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wasn’t familiar with The Mises Institute so I did some reading.

https://mises.org/wire/new-libertarian

You might want to choose your sources more wisely in the future.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_soil

Lol.  Dang Google.  
Reply/Quote
So I have to admit that I did not see the beginning of the game in which two of my friends texted negatively about. I did tune in about 2 minutes in and will admit I was happily surprised.

I expected NBA style messages everywhere. This was not the case. The articles I read made it sound like the whole endzone was going to be a message, but it was not. 50 yard line looked normal. Small crowd sounded like it was much bigger also, even though they stated the sound was not enhanced.

So, overall, I have to say I am happily surprised with what I have seen so far. I have no comment about pre-game as I did not see it. Hoping this season turns out much better than what I expected.

Just figured I would post this after my negative comments earlier.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 119125917_4035510386476104_4971373712025...e=5F80781B]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 119125917_4035510386476104_4971373712025...e=5F80781B]

Imagin living outside of the echo chamber.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jacob-blake-sexual-assault-charge/
Reply/Quote
KC fans showed themselves to be trash for booing a moment of silence.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Imagin living outside of the echo chamber.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jacob-blake-sexual-assault-charge/

It does appear the person he raped was of age.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It does appear the person he raped was of age.

Why am I not surprised that you don't believe in "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to guys like Jacob Blake?

Guess that only applies to police officers.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 10:59 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So I have to admit that I did not see the beginning of the game in which two of my friends texted negatively about. I did tune in about 2 minutes in and will admit I was happily surprised.

I expected NBA style messages everywhere. This was not the case. The articles I read made it sound like the whole endzone was going to be a message, but it was not. 50 yard line looked normal. Small crowd sounded like it was much bigger also, even though they stated the sound was not enhanced.

So, overall, I have to say I am happily surprised with what I have seen so far. I have no comment about pre-game as I did not see it. Hoping this season turns out much better than what I expected.

I think if you tune in at kickoff you’re just going to see football. That way you get to enjoy you’re sports. And the players do their thing before the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 10:59 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So I have to admit that I did not see the beginning of the game in which two of my friends texted negatively about.  I did tune in about 2 minutes in and will admit I was happily surprised.  

I expected NBA style messages everywhere.  This was not the case.  The articles I read made it sound like the whole endzone was going to be a message, but it was not.  50 yard line looked normal.  Small crowd sounded like it was much bigger also, even though they stated the sound was not enhanced.

So, overall, I have to say I am happily surprised with what I have seen so far.  I have no comment about pre-game as I did not see it.  Hoping this season turns out much better than what I expected.

I am going to Rep this post.

I came here to mock guys like you for being so upset over something that was not really controversial at all.

Good to see you being so reasonable.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why am I not surprised that you don't believe in "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to guys like Jacob Blake?

Is "I believe her" no longer a thing? 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: KC fans showed themselves to be trash for booing a moment of silence.

They flashe a series of messages on the scoreboard during the moment of silence.  Most of them were about unity.  The crowd did not boo until it flashed "Black Lives Matter".
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is "I believe her" no longer a thing? 

I was never part of the crowd that believed every allegation of sexual assault.  In my line of work I am very familiar with false allegations.

But instead of talking about other people why don't you explain why you don't believe in "innocent until proven guilty" when to comes to guys like Jacob Blake?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think if you tune in at kickoff you’re just going to see football. That way you get to enjoy you’re sports. And the players do their thing before the game.

True statement.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was never part of the crowd that believed every allegation of sexual assault.  In my line of work I am very familiar with false allegations.

But instead of talking about other people why don't you explain why you don't believe in "innocent until proven guilty" when to comes to guys like Jacob Blake?
Just stop. Even if it was against a SCOTUS nominee?
FWIW, I've always been an innocent until proven guilty type guy and it's seen me in the minority of many a debate around here.
WTS, if you accuse someone of sexual assault, place a PPO on that guy, then he breaks that PPO. I start leaning toward "If it walks like a duck.."
And I damn sure don't think it's a name that should be celebrated. How about you? 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 11:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why am I not surprised that you don't believe in "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to guys like Jacob Blake?

And Trump. And Trump’s Supreme Court nominees. They are innocent until proven guilty.

But, bfine knows if a black jogger visits a home construction site he’s there to steal something even though he never actually stole anything.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 10:59 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So I have to admit that I did not see the beginning of the game in which two of my friends texted negatively about.  I did tune in about 2 minutes in and will admit I was happily surprised.  

I expected NBA style messages everywhere.  This was not the case.  The articles I read made it sound like the whole endzone was going to be a message, but it was not.  50 yard line looked normal.  Small crowd sounded like it was much bigger also, even though they stated the sound was not enhanced.

So, overall, I have to say I am happily surprised with what I have seen so far.  I have no comment about pre-game as I did not see it.  Hoping this season turns out much better than what I expected.

I was very proud of the players. All but one Chief stood in respect. The Texans remained in their locker room for both the Black and American National Anthems. They did this because they didn't want to be part of something that celebrated one and "threw shade" on another.

I will say the fans seemed classless during a moment of silence, but the players made me proud.

What I did not like was the Network's presentation. Part of it included a "hands up, don't shoot" image. Of course the network is ran by rich white dudes. 

Reply/Quote