Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals reach out to NFL to open at home in 2017
Bengals have done this only twice between 2004 and now ('07 & '09).

Saw this on CBSSports.com
Reply/Quote
Sounds good to me!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
There is no bias. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 09:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is no bias. Mellow

The league is trying that Jedi mind trick on the organization and city.... 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The league is trying that Jedi mind trick on the organization and city.... 

This isn't the home opener we're looking for.....move along.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they give you guys 3 out of the first four at home. I think the NFL treats certain teams like crap giving them a hard schedule.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 12:31 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hopefully they give you guys 3 out of the first four at home. I think the NFL treats certain teams like crap giving them a hard schedule.

Last year for us was rough the first 6 games.
Reply/Quote
Haven't they lost a few opening week games at home due to the Reds? It's not all just the NFL schedule.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 03:44 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Haven't they lost a few opening week games at home due to the Reds?  It's not all just the NFL schedule.

Yes. The Reds tend to play at home when week 1 kicks off so the Bengals usually wind up on the road because of that. However, last year saw the Reds playing away so a lot of us thought that we were finally going to play at home during week 1. Nope, we still opened on the road.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I fail to see why it's relevant either way
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 06:03 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I fail to see why it's relevant either way

It isn't necessarily.  However, I do think they should limit teams having to play a stretch like Cincinnati did last year, with their first 6 games and 4 being on the road to start the year.  Especially considering 3 of those teams were playoff teams the year prior.  While everyone has to play 16 games and 8 on the road, I'd much rather start 4-2 or 5-1, than 2-4 and 1-5.  The mindset of a team is completely different when that happens.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 06:11 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It isn't necessarily.  However, I do think they should limit teams having to play a stretch like Cincinnati did last year, with their first 6 games and 4 being on the road to start the year.  Especially considering 3 of those teams were playoff teams the year prior.  While everyone has to play 16 games and 8 on the road, I'd much rather start 4-2 or 5-1, than 2-4 and 1-5.  The mindset of a team is completely different when that happens.

The mindset isn't really all the different either way. Plenty of teams start off 4-2 and miss the playoffs or exit in the first round. Teams have started 2-4 and gone deep into the playoffs. I can bet almost neither of those scenarios had much to do with home vs away games also. Wouldn't it be better to significantly more home games at the end of the year anyways for those who believe in momentum? Sometimes scheduling is bad for a team. They can't make a perfect one for everyone
Reply/Quote
"I'm sorry, Bengals. Your request for hosting a home opener is peremptorily denied. You will play the New England Patriots in Boston in prime time. Furthermore, your flight from Cincinnati from Boston isn't nonstop. You change planes in Pyongyang, fly over the pole, and arrive in Boston two hours before kickoff. Good luck this season."

- The NFL

"P.S. Adam Jones is suspended. We'll tell you when he can play again. Oh, and we're suspending Vontaze Burfict again because we can and we don't like his face."
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 06:03 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I fail to see why it's relevant either way

It might be the fan's only chance in 2017 to see a Bengals where they won't be below 500 before the game.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 07:20 PM)eoxyod Wrote: The mindset isn't really all the different either way. Plenty of teams start off 4-2 and miss the playoffs or exit in the first round. Teams have started 2-4 and gone deep into the playoffs. I can bet almost neither of those scenarios had much to do with home vs away games also. Wouldn't it be better to significantly more home games at the end of the year anyways for those who believe in momentum? Sometimes scheduling is bad for a team. They can't make a perfect one for everyone

Depends on the team.

Games at the end of the year against teams who are out of it can be beneficial.

Games at the end of the year against teams who are still in contention can be detrimental.

The first 6 games of the season, every team is still giving 100%.
Reply/Quote
Wait for it..Soon as Mikey boy relocates the team to Anchorage Alaska they'll finally get the long awaited home opener. I think we'll get a garage door opener , maybe a manual can opener first, but that's just my opinion.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yup! We've been awarded an opener..
 [Image: Oldcanopener_zps71c4b741.jpg]

Now stop complaining Bengal fans.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
no Season opener at home in the Dalton green era.... Its about time
Reply/Quote
The NFL screws you guys and I don't like it. They favor the Patriots and Steelers on a lot of things.
Reply/Quote
To much favoritism to the big money teams so nothing to see here folks. I think it's pretty well established that the league is corrupt and favors certain teams well above others and it's about the money.  You won't necessarily hear Mikey complain about it because he's a member of the cartel that is the league. All team owners are and the public at large will continually bite into it despite the growing body of evidence that points to the corrupt practices.  

Reply/Quote