Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals releasing AJ Hawk
Per fox sports. Link forthcoming
Reply/Quote
Not entirely surprised. I was ecstatic when the Bengals signed him last year but unfortunately he never lived up to expectations. The signing of Dansby all but guaranteed this was forthcoming
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 12:38 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Per fox sports. Link forthcoming

Whoa, thought they would wait on releasing Hawk. We don't have Burfict for the first 3 games and Hawk is versatile.

Not as bad as some people say he was either. He disappointed me cause i thought he would be better here, but still.

We might be looking at LB'er in the Draft now for sure i guess...
Reply/Quote
Hardly knew ya... and neither did opposing Offenses Ninja
Reply/Quote
Wish he could have played here earlier in his career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was never a big fan of either the James Harrison or AJ Hawk signings
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 12:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whoa, thought they would wait on releasing Hawk. We don't have Burfict for the first 3 games and Hawk is versatile.

Not as bad as some people say he was either. He disappointed me cause i thought he would be better here, but still.

they are high on flowers too... (burfict especially)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/26/report-bengals-to-release-a-j-hawk/

So far we havent had much success in 1 year rentals of well used vets.. But maybe Dansby changes that.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 12:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whoa, thought they would wait on releasing Hawk. We don't have Burfict for the first 3 games and Hawk is versatile.

The Bengals are pretty good to guys. This gives him a chance to find a team instead of waiting until the season starts, when he'd basically have to hope a LB thin team had an injury.

May not be the best move for the Bengals, but is a good way to handle a planned cut.

(04-26-2016, 12:55 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Wish he could have played here earlier in his career.

Me, too.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was never a big fan of either the James Harrison or AJ Hawk signings

(04-26-2016, 12:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So far we havent had much success in 1 year rentals of well used vets..   But maybe Dansby changes that.

Unlike Harrison and Hawk, Dansby is still playing at a high level, and more importantly he fits our needs and scheme better than hawk or Harrison did.
Reply/Quote
Wink 
When did we sign him ? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 12:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they are high on flowers too...  (burfict especially)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/26/report-bengals-to-release-a-j-hawk/

So far we havent had much success in 1 year rentals of well used vets..   But maybe Dansby changes that.

I like Flowers too, just thought this was a little early to cut Hawk.

(04-26-2016, 12:59 PM)Benton Wrote: The Bengals are pretty good to guys. This gives him a chance to find a team instead of waiting until the season starts, when he'd basically have to hope a LB thin team had an injury.

May not be the best move for the Bengals, but is a good way to handle a planned cut.

Good points, this should help him catch on with another team in need of LB.
Reply/Quote
Rey, Dansby, Maualuga, Dawson, Flowers, Roach, Dimanche, and Luc.

I could see one of Roach Dimanche and Luc making the roster during Burficts suspension.

I dont think we have to draft a LB. Even with Hawk cuy
Reply/Quote
Although I would have loved to see him ball out, it was clear that he is probably done in the league. I am glad that FO didn't feel the need to hang on to him based on name alone.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was never a big fan of either the James Harrison or AJ Hawk signings

(04-26-2016, 12:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they are high on flowers too...  (burfict especially)

So far we havent had much success in 1 year rentals of well used vets..   But maybe Dansby changes that.

I was never as excited as many seemed to be for Hawk, but that's because we got about what I expected. I think the expectations for some of these vets we bring in are WAY to high (as far as fans are concerned) and that's why you say we haven't had much success. I don't believe the FO thought Hawk was going to come in and give us a huge season, they probably got what they expected out of him.

That said, I think expectations for Dansby should be much higher than they were for Hawk/Harrison. I really like the signing, but even then people need to check their enthusiasm about him. He will not be making the pro bowl this year, but could be a very nice piece for our LB unit.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 01:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Unlike Harrison and Hawk, Dansby is still playing at a high level, and more importantly he fits our needs and scheme better than hawk or Harrison did.

Didn't see this post the first time, definitely agree.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 01:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Rey, Dansby, Maualuga, Dawson, Flowers, Roach, Dimanche, and Luc.

I could see one of Roach Dimanche and Luc making the roster during Burficts suspension.

I dont think we have to draft a LB. Even with Hawk cuy

We have 3 decent LBs Rey, Maualuga, and Dansby.  After that we have a lot of nothing. Isn't DiMache with the Browns?  Luc and Roach are not NFL level players.

I pretty much guarantee we draft a LB.  Maybe not in the first couple of rounds, but we definitely need one.  I have hope Flowers and dawson will step up their games this year, but that still just gives us 5 LBs.  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have 3 decent LBs Rey, Maualuga, and Dansby.  After that we have a lot of nothing. Isn't DiMache with the Browns?  Luc and Roach are not NFL level players.

I pretty much guarantee we draft a LB.  Maybe not in the first couple of rounds, but we definitely need one.  I have hope Flowers and dawson will step up their games this year, but that still just gives us 5 LBs.  

Don't forget Taylor Mays. They may be looking at him as the 6th backer while Burffict is out.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 02:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Don't forget Taylor Mays. They may be looking at him as the 6th backer while Burffict is out.

Good catch!
Reply/Quote
I liked the signing because Hawk got to play for the team he followed as a young guy growing up about 40 minutes from the stadium, and , of course, I followed him during his Ohio State career. Great guy, and I wish him all the best.

Really, we need to draft a quality linebacker. First three rounds, and in my opinion, first round if the right guy is there in the opinion of our boy Duke.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2016, 02:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Don't forget Taylor Mays. They may be looking at him as the 6th backer while Burffict is out.

I think he is a long shot to make the roster.
Reply/Quote