Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals resigning Peerman.
Bengals have resigned Peerman.

Quote:The Bengals are re-signing running back Cedric Peerman, a former Pro Bowl special teams player.

@AkronJohnson
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Someone has to cover kicks, works for me. Really has little to no impact on the phases outside of special teams.
Reply/Quote
Good to see him back, guy works hard on teams and without Whit the team needs all the good locker room guys it can find.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I am not sure if there's any truth to this yet.

I have yet to see any other sources pick up on it so I'll let you guys know if it's actual or not.

UPDATE: PFT has picked it up.

Reply/Quote
See.....it's guys like this, and Rey Maualuga that should have been cut to make room for quality signings and extensions.  I'm not hating on the guy, but Rex Burkhead can cover kicks, AND run the ball out of the backfield and play in the slot.  Just doesn't make sense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I like what Peerman brings to the team, both tangible and intangible. Not every signing needs to be a showstopper.
Reply/Quote
Not a sexy move but the dude is a beast at Special Teams.
Reply/Quote
No problem here from my standpoint.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 01:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: See.....it's guys like this, and Rey Maualuga that should have been cut to make room for quality signings and extensions.  I'm not hating on the guy, but Rex Burkhead can cover kicks, AND run the ball out of the backfield and play in the slot.  Just doesn't make sense.

Yep! Eventually I will get over the fact Peerman was kept over Burkhead. Just not today. Waiting for them to extend Maualuga and Marvin a couple of years, and get it over with ..... ftw
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 01:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: See.....it's guys like this, and Rey Maualuga that should have been cut to make room for quality signings and extensions.  I'm not hating on the guy, but Rex Burkhead can cover kicks, AND run the ball out of the backfield and play in the slot.  Just doesn't make sense.

I don't normally harp on the Bengals being cheap. I'm cheap, I think it's an endearing trait. I'm usually happy when they let guys like Marvin Jones sign large contracts somewhere else, and instead retain decent guys at decent prices.

On the other hand, moves like this are dumb. Burkhead was $3 million, and could play multiple spots. I'm guessing we got Peerman cheap, but I'd rather paid a little more and had a decent guy to throw in the mix.
Reply/Quote
Nice! I like Peerman, he's a great special teams leader. Hopefully we get Gilberry back too.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
This doesn't bother me at all. Always been a fan of Peerman.

I know he doesn't see much action, but he's a solid ST player. And if we're all honest with ourselves, a solid ST can save a lot of points. I know it's not a sexy signing.
Reply/Quote

This wasn't a case of keeping him over Burkhead. Burkhead wanted to leave and we signed Peerman to a 1 year deal that I am sure is negligible. We carry 4 backs so we still will draft a rookie and if we find two good ones we can cut Peerman as the deal will have little impact. This is all about shoring up special teams in the event we draft guys who don't play special teams in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Would much rather have kept Burkhead but I guess he realized he'd have more opportunities in New England. Peerman isn't a bad option, though. Glad to have him back
Reply/Quote
Not to derail the thread, but is there any update on Gio and his injury? It's conceivable Peerman could see some snaps.
Reply/Quote
Glad to keep him on. A core member of special teams, and really has nothing to do with us addressing RB in the draft. Good player to retain.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 03:14 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Not to derail the thread, but is there any update on Gio and his injury? It's conceivable Peerman could see some snaps.

According to Marvin, he's progressing well.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 03:18 PM)milksheikh Wrote: According to Marvin, he's progressing well.

Also according to Marvin, the O-line is nothing to worry about   Sick
Reply/Quote
No complaints. No cartwheels. He's a good ST player that is pretty useless as a RB.

He turns 31 in October and has 32 total touches in the last 4 years combined.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Can't complain about this move.
Reply/Quote