Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals retain Iloka
(03-09-2016, 12:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Solid....now, on to Nelson and Jones, and this FA would be a pretty good success.  You had to know Jones would be gone, don't need Smith, Hall, or Sanu, really.

Couldn't agree more!! This team is defensively driven to begin with. An above average S is harder to find than an average WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:23 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Couldn't agree more!! This team is defensively driven to begin with. An above average S is harder to find than an average WR.

Yep.....Sanu is expendable, in my opinion.  It stings to lose Marvin, but that's overpaying for us.....with those two off of the books, and Smith and Hall, you've got plenty of money to sign the keys to your secondary.  I honestly see no reason why the team can't retain all of the defensive FA starters.....even Hall if it's cheap.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry guys, but until I see something that says signed. I'm not going to celebrate.
Been burned in the past by this and because it's not signed yet, that tells me that there is possibly another team involved or that the Bengals are being picky over the details.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sorry guys, but until I see something that says signed. I'm not going to celebrate.
Been burned in the past by this and because it's not signed yet, that tells me that there is possibly another team involved or that the Bengals are being picky over the details.

I have looked on SI, ESPN, and the NFL website and none of them say he is coming back to the Bengals... NFL.com says the current team is "TBD".
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What?  I can't believe it.  He would have gotten a lot more than that.

probly could have gotten offered more.

But whos tio say he would have seen it transistioning to a new defense on a bad team (team willing to overpay) he might not have seen his contract
Reply/Quote
Don't know, but I'm thinking that another team is upping the price, and the Bengals are becoming desperate because they are losing all of their top FA's this year, and have to retain at least 1 to keep the fan base happy.

The 6 mil/year seems to be the floor of the contract talks now.
Reply/Quote
Ready to see this deal completely finalized like others have mentioned. Assuming this does indeed get done then this is a great signing, especially at 5 years and 30 million. I would love if they could still bring back Pacman and Nelson both. Go draft a Wide Receiver like Corey Coleman in the first and consider it a good offseason at that point.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Sweetness! Congrats George!

Guess Marv Jones is gone...

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/3/9/11184668/marvin-jones-signing-with-lions-per-report
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: probly could have gotten offered more.

But whos tio say he would have seen it transistioning to a new defense on a bad team (team willing to overpay)   he might not have seen his contract

Very good points.  Michael Johnson comes to mind.
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14s14 seconds ago

For #Bengals and S George Iloka, it's a done deal. 5 years, $30M with $18M over the first 3 years. Cincy players often play them all out.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14s14 seconds ago

For #Bengals and S George Iloka, it's a done deal. 5 years, $30M with $18M over the first 3 years. Cincy players often play them all out.

Beat me to it!!! Woohoo
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:44 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Ready to see this deal completely finalized like others have mentioned. Assuming this does indeed get done then this is a great signing, especially at 5 years and 30 million. I would love if they could still bring back Pacman and Nelson both. Go draft a Wide Receiver like Corey Coleman in the first and consider it a good offseason at that point.

Think they let Nelson walk and go with a younger and cheaper Williams who showed promise.
Reply/Quote
Helllllll Yeahhhhh!  ThumbsUp
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Think they let Nelson walk and go with a younger and cheaper Williams who showed promise.

That makes sense.  I think Pacman has to be their priority now.
Reply/Quote
Very smart deal.

Bengals are giving S George Iloka a 5-year, $30 million deal that includes $18M over first 3 three years.

Front loading again. Giving good guaranteed money to minimise the cap hit. Like it.

Reply/Quote
Glad we got the young safety locked up, even though my heart wants to keep Reggie (and I do think Reggie is better in the short term).

...and I don't think 6 million per is a steal really, I just think people overestimated his value. It's common on here really.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:55 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: That makes sense.  I think Pacman has to be their priority now.

I agree, I think you get Pacman back now with the money left . You use the rest to bring in a vet WR (like a mike wallace) and possibly bring back one of the DT or find another one. Draft a WR early along with another CB and we are in a good position. It will be a pretty good off season.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:56 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Very smart deal.

Bengals are giving S George Iloka a 5-year, $30 million deal that includes $18M over first 3 three years.

Front loading again. Giving good guaranteed money to minimise the cap hit. Like it.

30/5= 6

6x3 = 18

Not really front loaded haha
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Think they let Nelson walk and go with a younger and cheaper Williams who showed promise.

I bet he goes to the Vikings.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 12:59 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I bet he goes to the Vikings.

Possibly, they are looking for someone opposite Harrison Smith.
Reply/Quote