Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals retain Iloka
(03-09-2016, 04:16 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I just saw the opposite. Saw that the Bengals offered him a 2 year deal early in the week and he turned it down so now the Bengals do not want him back at all with Iloka signed. I think that is a mistake because Reggie is more talented than Williams right now and therefore you should want the more talented player back. Williams has potential but I think it will take a couple more years before he could even get in the conversation with how good Reggie has been for us.

Where did you see that?
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:43 PM)Garrus Wrote: Where did you see that?

Good question, have not seen anywhere that the Bengals offered Reggie a deal and he turned it down.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:16 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I just saw the opposite. Saw that the Bengals offered him a 2 year deal early in the week and he turned it down so now the Bengals do not want him back at all with Iloka signed. I think that is a mistake because Reggie is more talented than Williams right now and therefore you should want the more talented player back. Williams has potential but I think it will take a couple more years before he could even get in the conversation with how good Reggie has been for us.

You are correct. The Bengals have decided to move on from Nelson and they did offer him a contract earlier in the week. He did turn it down, but he's looking into other contracts. Minnesota going after him hard.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You are correct. The Bengals have decided to move on from Nelson and they did offer him a contract earlier in the week. He did turn it down, but he's looking into other contracts. Minnesota going after him hard.

Damn, oh well. Good luck Reggie but i was doubting that we could keep all of this Secondary together anyway.

George and Shawn for the future!

Like Derron Smith as a backup FS as well. So we are not hurting here.

Bring back Adam Jones next please...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, oh well. Good luck Reggie but i was doubting that we could keep all of this Secondary together anyway.

George and Shawn for the future!

Like Derron Smith as a backup FS as well. So we are not hurting here.

Bring back Adam Jones next please...

I saw that Adam Jones was the Bengals next priority. They have no reason not to sign him honestly.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:37 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I saw that Adam Jones was the Bengals next priority. They have no reason not to sign him honestly.

The only reason to not keep him is if some other team throws a ridiculous deal his way.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Iloka is my favorite player on the defense so im stoked they were able to make a deal. I honestly believe he will be a top 3 safety in the next two years.

WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
The details:

@AaronWilson_NFL

George Ioka Bengals deal: $30 million: $5M gted, $3M bonus, salaries $1.8M, $4M, $4.8M, $5.2M, $5.2M, gets $2.5M roster bonus March 14

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/status/707674311511805953
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:43 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The only reason to not keep him is if some other team throws a ridiculous deal his way.

Which if you look at the deals going around today, is entirely possible. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:09 PM)Stormborn Wrote: The details:

@AaronWilson_NFL

George Ioka Bengals deal: $30 million: $5M gted, $3M bonus, salaries $1.8M, $4M, $4.8M, $5.2M, $5.2M, gets $2.5M roster bonus March 14

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/status/707674311511805953

Steal
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:11 PM)J24 Wrote: Steal

From Iloka: "I'm glad to be back because I want to be here when we get over the hump"

Reply/Quote
I'm shocked the team got this done. It wasn't sounding very good. I believe we all thought Iloka would draw a bigger payday.

I really, really didn't think they'd get him signed at this figure. He surely could have gotten a better offer on the open market.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:02 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Iloka is my favorite player on the defense so im stoked they were able to make a deal. I honestly believe he will be a top 3 safety in the next two years.

WHO DEY!

I think George of the Jungle is a top 3 Safety now when he is healthy.

Not many Safeties can cover like him and none have his size to also punish people.

People may say Eric Berry and Earl Thomas but those are the only two i would put ahead of him right now, maybe.

Reggie actually was right up there last year and George and Reggie were the best tandem last year IMO.

Time to look to the future and the dawn of Shawn with George.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 06:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm shocked the team got this done. It wasn't sounding very good. I believe we all thought Iloka would draw a bigger payday.

I really, really didn't think they'd get him signed at this figure. He surely could have gotten a better offer on the open market.

I think he gave us a discount. He said if the Bengals offer was close to what he was getting on the market that he'd return.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm glad they were able to re-sign Iloka. 
Reply/Quote
Bummed out that it looks like Nelson is leaving, but glad they retained Iloka (and didn't overpay him). Was terrified they'd be giving him like $7-8.5m/yr for a guy with no Pro Bowls, no All-Pros, and only one really good season.

I'd really rather Nelson/Williams, but I can live with Iloka/Williams, so long as it wasn't Williams/Smith or something.

Good signing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
WHO DEY!!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote