Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals road to 53 man roster complete 2017 - cuts, trade, IRs
(09-02-2017, 03:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Carson on season ending IR? WTF thought he was just a little nicked up.

No word yet on what the official injury is, but he has to clear waivers first, then the Bengals can stash him on IR, then he will get another shot next year with them.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:20 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They are not pass rushers. 
They just aren't.

If you have two of the 3 NT kept on the field at the same time, teams will audible to spread it out and throw all day

Clarke and MJ can be our nickel DT's.

And Billings CAN rush the passer RRL, seen it many, many times.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Clarke and MJ can be our nickel DT's.

And Billings CAN rush the passer RRL, seen it many, many times.

Clarke is not good. 
MJ can jump in there for a bit but he's not a DT. 

Billings did it in college simply just by being so much stronger. 
He's doesn't have a move like Geno does. He's not as explosive as Geno. 
He's not as fluid in the hips as Geno.

His pass rush upside is based on him becoming a much smoother athlete in his mid-20s. 
I'm not buying high on that. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: TJ Ward would be a nice grab for us.

And the Dolphins just grabbed him. Could have used the guy. Daaaaamnit....
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Tells me Luck won't be ready for some time...

Colts had been unhappy with Dorsett.. saw this coming as far as a trade or cut
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No word yet on what the official injury is, but he has to clear waivers first, then the Bengals can stash him on IR, then he will get another shot next year with them.

Well maybe we will take a chance on Jeremy McNichols who i wanted us to draft anyway. Common Bengals pick this kid up.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: And the Dolphins just grabbed him. Could have used the guy. Daaaaamnit....

They extended TJ McDonald. Not TJ Ward.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:58 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Sir, are you suggesting that the great Paul Alexander doesn't have a clue as to what the f*** he's doing when it comes to eyeing talent? 
Besides that, he only succeeds with already-capable players. He doesn't/can't develop players IMO.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:41 PM)Derrick Wrote: Besides that, he only succeeds with already-capable players. He doesn't/can't develop players IMO.

That's an ignorant statement. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They extended TJ McDonald. Not TJ Ward.

Really, sorry friend just texted me said it was a done deal. My Bad. friend has been known to do some herbal relaxation.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's an ignorant statement. 

Maybe. But who has he successfully developed? 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:39 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They extended TJ McDonald. Not TJ Ward.

Have to think he will be signed before end of today. Since he is a vested veteran, he doesnt have to go through waivers.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Maybe. But who has he successfully developed? 

Clint Boling 
Kyle Cook (was good pre-injury)
Andrew Whitworth (was labeled a guard or RT only pre-draft)
Jake Fisher is looking like a potential plus. 
Trey Hopkins

The problem the team has is with identifying talent in the collegiate level. 
They draft guys who don't belong. And no coach will do that. 
Part of that is on Alexander. 
Part of that is on the team for asking a coach to do that.  
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:45 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Have to think he will be signed before end of today. Since he is a vested veteran, he doesnt have to go through waivers.

He's also not a good safety anymore and basically a LB now according to folks in Denver. 
Not a fit here. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's an ignorant statement. 

Best wishes to you too Royale.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:48 PM)Derrick Wrote: Best wishes to you too Royale.

Gonna provide any evidence to your statement or just admitting it is largely unfounded? 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:00 PM)Derrick Wrote: Kind of makes one wonder just how good the Bengals really are at picking talent, just sayin'.

You can go across every team and you are going to find draft picks cut, picked up by someone else and cut also... I would say we have had very few early busts over the past 6 to 8 years and that has helped us develop into the contending team for the playoffs...

and this is what has crushed the Browns in that same cycle.. looks at their busts in in the top three rounds.. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Clarke is not good. 
MJ can jump in there for a bit but he's not a DT. 

Billings did it in college simply just by being so much stronger. 
He's doesn't have a move like Geno does. He's not as explosive as Geno. 
He's not as fluid in the hips as Geno.

His pass rush upside is based on him becoming a much smoother athlete in his mid-20s. 
I'm not buying high on that. 

Not saying Clarke is good but he still might be able to give something as a DT in the Nickel. Must be what the coaches
are thinking here. They would of kept Gilberry over Clarke if the coaches thought the same as you. MJ should only be
used as a Nickel DT. He has no bend and is terrible at rushing from the edge.

We will see with Billings once the injury is further behind him.

Geno was not the same after his ACL tear, it will take some time.

Buy into whatever you want, i have very high hopes for Billings stopping the run and occasionally getting to the QB
once he gets over the injury.

Guess you wanted to keep DeShawn over Glasgow. Guess i don't disagree with that.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not saying Clarke is good but he still might be able to give something as a DT in the Nickel. Must be what the coaches
are thinking here. They would of kept Gilberry over Clarke if the coaches thought the same as you. MJ should only be

Buy into whatever you want, i have very high hopes for Billings stopping the run and occasionally getting to the QB

Guess you wanted to keep DeShawn over Glasgow. Guess i don't disagree with that.

Both Gilberry and Clarke are terrible. So I dont get that logic either. 

He is terrible from the edge and while his only snaps should come from inside, he's not a DT. So when Geno needs a series off and we have 2 NT on the field teams will march up the field passing. 

No, I wanted to keep him over Sims. Who is regressing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not saying Clarke is good but he still might be able to give something as a DT in the Nickel. Must be what the coaches

Is it official we are keeping Clarke ??  if we keep 8 and count Lawson as a End .. Clarke is cut.. also this could be the waiver wire pickup.. a DE or a OT for depth
Reply/Quote