Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(03-25-2024, 12:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: youre thinking small. You dont have to replace a guy 1:1. You can replace a player's production with multiple pieces. Thats what KC did in 2022 with Smith-Schuster and MVS to replace Tyreek.

think moneyball and what they did to replace Jason Giambi

agree also Burrow should be able to win like Mahomes, Jackson without top tier 2nd WR and the Bengals out of the top tier teams have one of the best ones in Chase plus WRs haves become the easiest to replace in draft and are becoming the most productive draft positions coming out of college right away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The minimum for Higgins has to be a 2nd rounder in the first half of the round.

That pick goes to Sweat, to anchor the middle, making the defense that much better. Imagine a defense where Burrow doesn't have to score 25 points to get the win?

I am all for giving Joe more toys on offense, but would prefer to see him work with a good offensive line and an improved defense this season.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tee wasn't a malcontent. Then he asked for a trade and started posting "Locked Up by Akon" on his social media. Lots of guys aren't malcontents... until they find a reason to be.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/tee-higgins-posts-cryptic-message-as-bengals-appear-to-be-dragging-their-feet-after-his-trade-request/

It's a business and he has to do what he has to do, but very rarely does keeping a guy where he doesn't want to be turn out well for the team. Tee is going to get a ankle or hamstring tweak at some point in the season (he does every year). This time he's not going to want to test it and play through it because he will be thinking about just getting through 2024 as healthy as he can for FA.

You went right back into roughly middle 1st round pick territory.

NE's 2nd and 3rd even when offset by our 4th is still worth roughly between the 23rd and 24th overall pick. New England picks too high.

NE 2nd round pick = 560 points,  NE 3rd round pick 250 points = 810 points for both picks.   subtract Cincinnati's 4th round pick 64 points = 746 points

The #24 pick in the NFL draft is valued at 740 points so Tee would be valued at closer to the #24 pick.  There are 32 first round picks so the 24th pick would put you in the bottom 1/3 of the first round.   The #24 pick would not be a mid first round pick.  We could trade Tee and our 5th round pick for NE's 2nd and 3rd which would end up being 778.2 points. That would put Tee's value at around the #22 draft pick which is still in the bottom third of the first round

I dont think Tee for a bottom third first round pick is too much.  The Bengals need to get some value out of Tee or just keep him for another year or two then get a comp pick on top of the two additional years he would have played with the team
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 12:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: agree also  Burrow should be able to win  like Mahomes, Jackson without top tier 2nd WR and the Bengals out of the top tier teams have one of the best ones in Chase plus WRs haves become the easiest to replace in draft and are becoming the most productive draft positions coming out of college right away.

When you have a Top 3 QB you dont a room full of Top 20 WRs
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 12:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: When you have a Top 3 QB you dont a room full of Top 20 WRs

Constructing a team comes in all forms. KC doesn’t have a lot of top 20 WR but they have the top TE and 3 Pro Bowlers in the OL. SF has Debo, McCaffery, and Kittle plus the best LT in decades. We barely lose to KC in 2022 and they win it all. We can win it with Chase & Tee. We just need to draft immediate starters not future starters.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 12:37 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I am all for giving Joe more toys on offense, but would prefer to see him work with a good offensive line and an improved defense this season.

Preach!!

Especially in our division.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 01:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Constructing a team comes in all forms. KC doesn’t have a lot of top 20 WR but they have the top TE and 3 Pro Bowlers in the OL. SF has Debo, McCaffery, and Kittle plus the best LT in decades. We barely lose to KC in 2022 and they win it all. We can win it with Chase & Tee. We just need to draft immediate starters not future starters.

If we had a QB on a 4yr/$3.73m contract like the 49ers, then spending as much as possible on weapons to surround him would also be what we should do. We have a QB on a 5yr/$275m contract instead.

We had our chance with Burrow on his rookie deal, and now he's not so things need to be adjusted accordingly. Mahomes also had Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins (he was highly paid, even if he didn't match it in performance) to go with Kelce when Mahomes was still on his rookie deal.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not sure if anyone posted this, but Tee put out a list of QB's he would like to catch balls from,

Borrow
Lamar Jackson
CJ Stroud
Trevor Lawrence
Josh Allen

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/tee-higgins-trade-rumors-swirling-names-top-quarterback-preferences

originally from NBC Sports
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 07:49 PM)kevin Wrote: News sources say New England at the top of the list offering a 2nd round pick in this years draft, plus probably more.

Google up Higgins and you see many news sources over the last 24 hours of March 24th say Bengals are willing to trade and looking for the best offer.  

So do not be surprised if Higgins is gone before Bengals draft.  Yes, Bengals could drag this out.  I like the idea of trading him for draft picks and moving on without him.  Higgins wants traded, so trade him and get some draft picks.  

Money wise, Bengals need to resign Chase long term in 2024.  So paying Higgins in 2024 all this high price franchise tag money doesn't help.  Bengals could get players early in draft at much lower pay than Higgins.  Trading Higgins and somehow getting Harrison in the draft would be perfect, but unlikely.  Bengals are saying they are looking at trading him as he wants, if a team makes the right offer. There is talent besides Marvin Harrison Jr to bring in for Burrow to throw to. Would love to get Harrison pick somehow in a Higgins trade, but unlikely.

GO BENGALS

Tiger

As most know by now, I am all for trading Tee for an early 2nd round pick especially in this Draft where it is stacked with WR talent.

Tee will be expensive this year and he is banged up a lot. I know it is a bit of a gamble to draft his replacement, but so is keeping him this
year with him wanting to be traded and him being banged up so much and with Hammy problems.
Reply/Quote
Only way I want to trade Tee is if we are able to get enough compensation to be able to work a trade for JJ It would make sense paying for 2 number 1's and going cheap at the number 3. The quality would be worth the price tag. No tee regardless of who is drafted takes a major step back with a draft picks or unproven talent at the number 2 and number 3 positions.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 02:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If we had a QB on a 4yr/$3.73m contract like the 49ers, then spending as much as possible on weapons to surround him would also be what we should do. We have a QB on a 5yr/$275m contract instead.

We had our chance with Burrow on his rookie deal, and now he's not so things need to be adjusted accordingly. Mahomes also had Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins (he was highly paid, even if he didn't match it in performance) to go with Kelce when Mahomes was still on his rookie deal.

I’m not rehashing. I’m just pointing out teams are constructed differently. SF can’t afford a great QB and need to ride Purdy. But we scored 31 points on their fully healthy defense and beat them easily. They haven’t fared any better than us since Zac & Joe. KC has a day of reckoning with their OL. We have our reckoning coming with Chase and Higgins.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 01:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Constructing a team comes in all forms. KC doesn’t have a lot of top 20 WR but they have the top TE and 3 Pro Bowlers in the OL. SF has Debo, McCaffery, and Kittle plus the best LT in decades. We barely lose to KC in 2022 and they win it all. We can win it with Chase & Tee. We just need to draft immediate starters not future starters.

KC this past year showed you don;t need a great offense game in and game out, when you have a very good defense, balance and depth can win SBs.. I have little doubt that Bengals can compete without Tee especially when we think of the cost to keep him and with surplus of very good WRs coming out more and more in the draft..

If we are able to get a #2 for Tee, I see three impact players coming out of our draft in 1st and 2nd round for this season
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: KC this past year showed you don;t need a great offense game in and game out, when you have a very good defense, balance and depth can win SBs.. I have little doubt that Bengals can compete without Tee especially when we think of the cost to keep him and with surplus of very good WRs comin out every year in the draft...  

If we are able to get a #2 for Tee, I see three impact players coming out of 1st and 2nd rounds for this team NEXT year

Agree Essex. As long as our Defense gets back to where it should be and we have good balance on Offense we will be one of the most
imposing teams in KC's way next year and they know it. We pushed them with our backup QB last year even. Tee very well might not 
even play that much with his injury history on top of it.

Let's get players in here that help us win immediately while not overspending at WR. We need to pay Chase, that is the priority.
Reply/Quote
4 teams I think would be interested in Tee.

Jacksonville- Trevor Lawrence was his QB in College. Plus they do not have a #1 WR.

New England-  no #1 WR

Carolina- No #1 WR

Arizona- Would be a nice player to pair with the #4 pick which will be another WR. Remember their coach came from Philly and they went to the Superbowl with Smith and Brown as starting  Wrs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If the Patriots are offering #34 + #68, I'd be awfully tempted to accept that trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: KC this past year showed you don;t need a great offense game in and game out, when you have a very good defense, balance and depth can win SBs.. I have little doubt that Bengals can compete without Tee especially when we think of the cost to keep him and with surplus of very good WRs coming out more and more in the draft..

If we are able to get a #2 for Tee, I see three impact players coming out of our draft in 1st and 2nd round for this season

KC’s offense was appreciably worse and poor WR play contributed. They’ve adjusted in FA. Their defense bailed them out at least this year but their reckoning is coming

Reply/Quote
There is no way I would trade Tee to any AFC team unless they deeply overpaid.

Send him to Carolina, Washington or another NFC if FO wants to trade him.

As for the post I saw Tee saying where he wants to go, remind him we own his rights, and we will decide his next destination.

Why would the FO give a crap where Tee wants to go?

I think FO should give his agent permission to speak with any NFC team and a long-term contract, letting the agent know we want a top draft pick in return. Let them find a trade partner for our price. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: KC’s offense was appreciably worse and poor WR play contributed. They’ve adjusted in FA. Their defense bailed them out at least this year but their reckoning is coming

Kelcie is a stud and year after year gets great results. We don't anything close to Kelcie as dual blocker and WR threat combo.

He is also paid far less than a top WR. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Kelcie is a stud and year after year gets great results. We don't anything close to Kelcie as dual blocker and WR threat combo.

He is also paid far less than a top WR. 

And they don’t have Chase. Teams again are constructed differently

Reply/Quote
Trading Tee makes sense and I hope it happens, but at the same time we have an invincible FO, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for too much and then sit on Tee knowing that they aren't going to get fired for passing on a fair deal that would have gotten done (see the non-trade of AJ McCarron to the Browns). If Hue Jackson were still in the NFL, I'd have more confidence a trade gets done, but there is no reason Mike Brown and company don't ask for the moon for Tee...maybe they get it, but no consequences if they don't.
Reply/Quote