Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
Whenever I hear "right" offer, I think it has to be high enough for the Bengals to be willing to sacrifice potential 2024 impact.
So in my mind, it's likely gotta be a 1st rounder in 2024, or an early 2nd rounder in 2024 or 1st rounder in 2025 at worst.

If I'm Arizona, I'm strongly considering trading my 27th or 34th for Higgins, especially if I miss out on Harrison and Odunze somehow before 4th overall.
Things could also get crazy with Arizona if they take a QB at 4, as they likely will have a pick of either Williams, Maye, or Daniels.
But they have a pretty big need for WR for their offense, as they only have Michael Wilson and Chris Moore, neither of which is a true WR1.
Putting Higgins with either Kyler Murray or a new rookie would help out that offense a lot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trading Tee makes sense and I hope it happens, but at the same time we have an invincible FO, so I wouldn't be surprised if they ask for too much and then sit on Tee knowing that they aren't going to get fired for passing on a fair deal that would have gotten done (see the non-trade of AJ McCarron to the Browns).  If Hue Jackson were still in the NFL, I'd have more confidence a trade gets done, but there is no reason Mike Brown and company don't ask for the moon for Tee...maybe they get it, but no consequences if they don't.

I know our fans overestimate some of our players, but the coaches and FO are probably worse.

Tee if anything is overrated, nothing against the guy either. He has nice size and is really good at blocking out Defenders on the 
sideline (when he is healthy). Heck Iosivas might be able to do this for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: KC’s offense was appreciably worse and poor WR play contributed. They’ve adjusted in FA. Their defense bailed them out at least this year but their reckoning is coming

So they win two SBs in a row without a #1 WR and their reckoning is coming?? I would hope Bengals would take that 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know our fans overestimate some of our players, but the coaches and FO are probably worse.

Tee if anything is overrated, nothing against the guy either. He has nice size and is really good at blocking out Defenders on the 

I've pointed out before that having an invincible GM and FO is a double edged sword. On one hand, they aren't going to make panic signings and trades and figure "I'm getting fired anyways, so if this doesn't work the next guy will have to deal with it" but they can also play the "overpay me for player X or I'll just say no and I'll still have a job no matter what happens, but you might not" card.

Regardless of what Tee's actual value is in a real sense, if you are dealing with Mike Brown you are at a disadvantage because he can walk away from any deal and you can't.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know our fans overestimate some of our players, but the coaches and FO are probably worse.

Tee isnt overrated, he is appropriately rated. He is a top 20 WR in the league, which is why the conversation of late first early second is happening. If he was a top 5, they could get just about anything for him.

If he wasn’t a top 20, trade chatter wouldn’t even be happening.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Whenever I hear "right" offer, I think it has to be high enough for the Bengals to be willing to sacrifice potential 2024 impact.
So in my mind, it's likely gotta be a 1st rounder in 2024, or an early 2nd rounder in 2024 or 1st rounder in 2025 at worst.

If I'm Arizona, I'm strongly considering trading my 27th or 34th for Higgins, especially if I miss out on Harrison and Odunze somehow before 4th overall.
Things could also get crazy with Arizona if they take a QB at 4, as they likely will have a pick of either Williams, Maye, or Daniels.
But they have a pretty big need for WR for their offense, as they only have Michael Wilson and Chris Moore, neither of which is a true WR1.
Putting Higgins with either Kyler Murray or a new rookie would help out that offense a lot.
Even if the Cardinals draft a WR at 4 you could make a sincere argument that Tee makes sense for them. A Tee/ Nabers duo would be impressive!
Plus they have 6 picks in the top 100 and 3 in the top 50!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've pointed out before that having an invincible GM and FO is a double edged sword. On one hand, they aren't going to make panic signings and trades and figure "I'm getting fired anyways, so if this doesn't work the next guy will have to deal with it" but they can also play the "overpay me for player X or I'll just say no and I'll still have a job no matter what happens, but you might not" card.

Regardless of what Tee's actual value is in a real sense, if you are dealing with Mike Brown you are at a disadvantage because he can walk away from any deal and you can't.

Great points. It is a good and bad thing we have going on here, but Mikey Boy isn't in charge anymore.

(03-25-2024, 05:04 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Tee isnt overrated, he is appropriately rated.  He is a top 20 WR in the league, which is why the conversation of late first early second is happening.  If he was a top 5, they could get just about anything for him.

If he wasn’t a top 20, trade chatter wouldn’t even be happening.

With his injury history, Tee is a big gamble for anyone and that is why a trade probably won't happen and he will be here this season
missing games while we are paying him 21 mil and he doesn't want to be here. All of this is just speculation until something actually 
happens and the more I think about it, it won't happen, and we will be in a bad spot.

The best scenario for everyone involved is for us to trade Tee. Also, Tee was drafted at the top of the 2nd round, if we can get a 2nd
round pick early we are even IMO. We can draft his replacement with one of our first 2 picks while adding help in the trenches where 
we need it.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 03:51 PM)CJD Wrote: If the Patriots are offering #34 + #68, I'd be awfully tempted to accept that trade.

If that’s what they really offered he should already be a patriot imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:07 PM)J24 Wrote: Even if the Cardinals draft a WR at 4 you could make a sincere argument that Tee makes sense for them. A Tee/ Nabers duo would be impressive!
Plus they have 6  picks in the top 100 and 3 in the top 50!

It could, for sure.
And they have capital to give up, as you indicate.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 04:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Whenever I hear "right" offer, I think it has to be high enough for the Bengals to be willing to sacrifice potential 2024 impact.

I agree with you on Arizona needing him if they miss out on Harrison or odunze. Because pretty much the only way they miss out on those guys is because they got a massive haul for number 4 overall.

They would easily be in a situation to trade for T and still be set for the draft this year and next

Reply/Quote
If I had to slot Tee Higgins into this draft class he would be 4th and part of the tier 1 group behind Harrison, Nabers, and Odunze. Tee and Rome would be close but Rome has just a little better long speed.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
IF we were gonna trade Higgins, we should have done so before FA, when that extra $22 mil could have done some good.

IDK, Reader + Fuller maybe? Wilkins instead of Rankins?

Doing it now would be admitting you have bungled the contract sutuation so bad he won't play this year AND you were too stupid to realize it when it could have helped the team more.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: IF we were gonna trade Higgins, we should have done so before FA, when that extra $22 mil could have done some good.

Doing it now would be admitting you have bungled the contract sutuation so bad he won't play this year AND you were too stupid to realize it when it could have helped the team more.

I tend to agree, should of done it before FA, I doubt a trade happens now which sucks.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 12:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: agree also  Burrow should be able to win  like Mahomes, Jackson without top tier 2nd WR and the Bengals out of the top tier teams have one of the best ones in Chase plus WRs haves become the easiest to replace in draft and are becoming the most productive draft positions coming out of college right away.

Those guys have all Pro TEs, better OLs, better running games and better Ds. And better coaching and better FOs.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:23 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If that’s what they really offered he should already be a patriot imho

I agree. I would much rather have a rookie that wants to play for the team on the field. As opposed to a player that wants traded.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:43 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: IF we were gonna trade Higgins, we should have done so before FA, when that extra $22 mil could have done some good.

I disagree,  it seems Tee is maybe putting bengals in box with supposed trade demand, i think now bengals were content to tag tee and keep him a year at leastplus we still need to sign Chase and other contracts coming open. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Those guys have all Pro TEs, better OLs, better running games and better Ds. And better coaching and better FOs.

And yet we can still beat all of them with a healthy Joe Burrow...

(03-25-2024, 05:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I agree. I would much rather have a rookie that wants to play for the team on the field. As opposed to a player that wants traded.

Completely agree. We need players here that want to be here period.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree,  it seems Tee is maybe putting bengals in box with supposed trade demand, i think now bengals were content to tag tee and keep him a year at leastplus we still need to sign Chase and other contracts coming open. 

Hope you are right and it still happens.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:47 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Those guys have all Pro TEs, better OLs, better running games and better Ds. And better coaching and better FOs.

KC has the goat and we have  done better than Ravens since ZT was hired and FO changing philosophy in FA
s. Also you are helping my point, balance is best, too much $$$ in WR is not a smart move especially how 1st ys WRs continue to do well
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 05:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So they win two SBs in a row without a #1 WR and their reckoning is coming?? I would hope Bengals would take that 

When they have to re-sign their 2 pro bowl linemen yes. They haven’t had to reckon yet. But again their defense bailed out their offense this year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote